IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Which LB would you keep?
GroundedBird
post Mar 1 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

if you only were able to keep one, who would it be, assuming they make the same money?

Bradham with a new offer or Kendricks?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 1 2018, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Veteran

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 1 2018, 11:07 AM) *
if you only were able to keep one, who would it be, assuming they make the same money?

Bradham with a new offer or Kendricks?

I think that Bradham was the best linebacker on the team last year and I wish that we could keep him but I really doubt that we will. I'm thinking that they will restructure Kendricks. I think that Schwartz is going back to his nickel base and going from there and need to draft a hybrid kind of guy unless they roll with Jenkins there again next year. Whatever they run they have to clean it up because they had about 20 blown coverages against NE.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 1 2018, 12:52 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 1 2018, 12:13 PM) *
I think that Schwartz is going back to his nickel base and going from there and need to draft a hybrid kind of guy unless they roll with Jenkins there again next year. Whatever they run they have to clean it up because they had about 20 blown coverages against NE.

We had one of the top defenses in the league. I doubt winning a Super Bowl is causing Schwartz to rethink his strategy.....

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 1 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 1 2018, 12:52 PM) *
We had one of the top defenses in the league. I doubt winning a Super Bowl is causing Schwartz to rethink his strategy.....

True. Actually we were in nickel and dime about 90% of the time last year anyway. I guess that I worded that post wrong.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 1 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 1 2018, 12:52 PM) *

Getting torched for 600 yards should cause some long reflection.

Those guys were WIDE open.

It's a copy cat league and true there isn't more than one Brady, but there are much better OL out there than NE.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 1 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

I trade Kendricks and re-sign Bradham. Should be cap neutral for year one.

I also bring back Ellerbee and the safety Graham at low end deals and then I draft a LB 4th round or even the 1st.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 1 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2018, 07:57 PM) *

It's a copy cat league and true there isn't more than one Brady, but there are much better OL out there than NE.

laugh.gif

We really deserve our reputation as a fan base sometimes.

WE WON THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL.

Do you think anyone in NE is demanding Bill Belichick 'reflect' after losing a game where his offense put up 600 yards?! Did we ever 'reflect' on JJ's strategy, or Dawkins's ability, when getting torched by Kurt Warner in 2 conference championships?

We scored one less point than NE on offense, and gave up one less point than them on defense this year. If it's a 'copycat league,' maybe everyone should be copying us.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 2 2018, 04:11 AM
Post #8

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 2 2018, 01:01 AM) *
I trade Kendricks and re-sign Bradham. Should be cap neutral for year one.

I also bring back Ellerbee and the safety Graham at low end deals and then I draft a LB 4th round or even the 1st.

I like this scenario.

I think we'd only get a fourth for Kendricks, but the cap relief from using that pick to replace him is essential.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Rick
post Mar 2 2018, 05:43 AM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 1 2018, 08:05 PM) *
laugh.gif

Do you think anyone in NE is demanding Bill Belichick 'reflect' after losing a game where his offense put up 600 yards?! Did we ever 'reflect' on JJ's strategy, or Dawkins's ability, when getting torched by Kurt Warner in 2 conference championships?

We scored one less point than NE on offense, and gave up one less point than them on defense this year. If it's a 'copycat league,' maybe everyone should be copying us.

Damn, winning the SB has really changed me. I actually agree with you. wink.gif

City of Brotherly Love....

+Quote Post
GroundedBird
post Mar 2 2018, 08:51 AM
Post #10

Veteran

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 1 2018, 08:05 PM) *
laugh.gif

I understand your point but I do agree with nephillymike: NE exposed a weakness in our defense. Shouldn't we try to address it?

+Quote Post
Phits
post Mar 2 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 2 2018, 08:51 AM) *
I understand your point but I do agree with nephillymike: NE exposed a weakness in our defense. Shouldn't we try to address it?

Saying it's a "weakness" is hyperbole. It's a single game sample size. We have no idea what our defensive game plan was for that one game and if it failed miserably. What we do know is that in the majority of the 18 games leading up to the SB we didn't show this "weakness".

We played and beat the GOAT QB, in (perhaps) his greatest offensive performance....and he's had a few.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 2 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

And what would have happened if Cooks was still in the game?

Obviously we hope the addition of Sidney Jones at CB will help.

However I doubt that the Eagles will be able to find a better replacement for P Robinson. Moving Mills inside on 3rd down is an option but he does not have the speed to keep up with quicker slot CBs.

I wonder if moving Darby into Slot CB on 3rd down is a better option. Teams are less likely to throw deep on 3rd down and the Eagles still have the speed of S Jones on one side.

I think Tim Jernigan was dinged up in the second half of the year. He was mostly a non factor.

They may not have the same depth on the D Line this year to keep guys fresh. Some are talking about trading or cutting V Curry and his boated contract. Cutting would result in a huge amount of dead $ against the cap. Maybe Howie could find a trade for a LB with a bloated contract, but not as bad as Curry's. That would provide a veteran LB to replace Kendricks and his $7mil cap hit.

Will they cut the popular C Long to save a couple mil$ and rely on S Means as a situational pass rusher and in increase in snaps for D Barnett?

Most teams don't have a Gronk, Brady, Cooks going deep, and Edelman's quickness to get open underneath.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2018, 07:57 PM) *

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 2 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #13

Zero retired

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 2 2018, 08:51 AM) *

Is there a difference between weakness and mistake? I read somewhere that there were missed assignments and players were out of position. That doesn't equate to weakness to me, more of what Phits was saying. If what I read is true, it was more players screwing up in the biggest game they'd ever played in more than bad scheming or personnel weaknesses.

The D had a good, not great year. Mills would routinely bite on double moves and did in the SB ... score. A few guys missed tackles on White's TD. Gronk and Brady are probably the most dangerous tandem in the league.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 2 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 2 2018, 09:51 AM) *

We knew all year our weakest point was at CB. Obviously we should always strive to improve our personnel. Cooper fucking Kupp had a career day against us also, when the Rams put up more points than the Pats did in the SB.

I thought before the game a defensive battle would favor us, and was hoping for that. As it turns out, the most yards in SB history and a shootout favored us, not the 'GOAT' QB. Go figure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 2 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

That's why M Jenkins was the MVP for taking out Cooks devil03.gif

I hope he is okay.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 2 2018, 03:13 PM) *
We knew all year our weakest point was at CB. Obviously we should always strive to improve our personnel. Cooper fucking Kupp had a career day against us also, when the Rams put up more points than the Pats did in the SB.

I thought before the game a defensive battle would favor us, and was hoping for that. As it turns out, the most yards in SB history and a shootout favored us, not the 'GOAT' QB. Go figure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 08:22 AM