IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> What I mean by aggressive right here is when free agency starts, we’re going to try to get the best one", "When you don’t have one, there is no other way"
Joegrane
post Mar 1 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Do the Cards have an expendable backup TE or LB on rookie contract to add to the 2nd rounder? The Eagles have mid round picks to sweeten a deal.

QUOTE (One @ Mar 1 2018, 10:26 AM) *
Arizona. Is that a realistic landing spot for SB LII MVP? He played there in college. He's financially affordable and it sounds like he fits what their plan may be. Their first round pick is #15, 1050 points. Their second rounder is #47, 430 points; third rounder is #79, 195 points.
Linc ...

Assuming #15 is too high a price and that they may want to draft the best quarterback available at that point, is #47 and #79 too steep for Foles? 625 trade value points vs. 490 points for Garoppolo. 135 point spread or the value of New Orleans' third round pick #91.

Thoughts?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
eagle60
post Mar 1 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 1 2018, 02:51 PM) *
Do the Cards have an expendable backup TE or LB on rookie contract to add to the 2nd rounder? The Eagles have mid round picks to sweeten a deal.

I think that a first rounder is out of the question when a team is only getting him on a one year contract. A 2nd and 3rd would be a terrific deal for the Birds as I see it.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 1 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #3

Zero retired

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 1 2018, 08:56 PM) *
I think that a first rounder is out of the question when a team is only getting him on a one year contract. A 2nd and 3rd would be a terrific deal for the Birds as I see it.

I thought I had read someplace that Foles' contract was for more than the two years I had thought. Then I found this:
Foles signed a five-year contract with the Eagles, but it had one major caveat. If he is on the Eagles' roster come February 2019, the final three years of the deal will automatically be voided and he'll become a free agent. Voiding contracts aren't entirely uncommon; this one almost guarantees that Foles will be traded by February 2019.
So it seems a team trading for Foles would have him for four more years at a reasonable price. If he plays well there's always the possibility of renegotiation.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 1 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Do you really think the Eagles will trade Nick without Nick's approval? I can't imagine it. They want him back for years to come for various SB celebrations, Wall of Fame, etc. Nick is going to get a new contract.

I could see them rejecting a trade partner such as Minn.

QUOTE (One @ Mar 1 2018, 09:13 PM) *
I thought I had read someplace that Foles' contract was for more than the two years I had thought. Then I found this:[indent][/indent]So it seems a team trading for Foles would have him for four more years at a reasonable price. If he plays well there's always the possibility of renegotiation.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 1 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #5

Zero retired

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 1 2018, 09:30 PM) *
Do you really think the Eagles will trade Nick without Nick's approval? I can't imagine it. They want him back for years to come for various SB celebrations, Wall of Fame, etc. Nick is going to get a new contract.

No offense, but I think that's naive. Yes they'll trade him if it will improve the team. And, I bet Nick would want to be a starter and be the man on his team.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 1 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #6

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 1 2018, 09:30 PM) *

Seeing as though Nick is not the GM I'd say yes they will trade him to whoever they want to. They won't blindside him but they'll do what's best for the team. Nick is just like any other NFL player. He gets paid $millions to play a game and he knows how things work. The NFL is in the business of winning games and making money.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 2 2018, 04:18 AM
Post #7

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 2 2018, 02:30 AM) *

We'd want more from Minnesota than we'd want from Arizona but would make the deal if the Vikings were willing to meet our price.

Foles's approval is required because without that his new team would only be getting him for one year. If he's happy with the trade then he'd get a new contract, and since he'd be signing for longer we could get a better pick, or at least another pick in 2019.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 2 2018, 06:11 AM
Post #8

Zero retired

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 2 2018, 04:18 AM) *
Foles's approval is required because without that his new team would only be getting him for one year. If he's happy with the trade then he'd get a new contract, and since he'd be signing for longer we could get a better pick, or at least another pick in 2019.

According to the article that I posted his contract is up after next year only if he's with the Eagles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 2 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #9

Veteran

QUOTE (One @ Mar 2 2018, 06:11 AM) *
According to the article that I posted his contract is up after next year only if he's with the Eagles.

It's not quite that simple One. Let's face it, nobody is going to trade for Nick to be a backup so that contract is going to get ripped up if he is traded. Once the agents get involved nothing is easy.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 2 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #10

Zero retired

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 2 2018, 12:51 PM) *
It's not quite that simple One. Let's face it, nobody is going to trade for Nick to be a backup so that contract is going to get ripped up if he is traded. Once the agents get involved nothing is easy.

Most likely, but that clause would tell me that Foles wants to be a starter. A team trading for him will be in a position to extend or renegotiate. If it's a team that wants him to be their long term solution they essentially have a year to do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 2 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #11

Veteran

QUOTE (One @ Mar 2 2018, 08:32 PM) *
Most likely, but that clause would tell me that Foles wants to be a starter. A team trading for him will be in a position to extend or renegotiate. If it's a team that wants him to be their long term solution they essentially have a year to do it.

Absolutely. The whole Nick loves Philly angle and he will be the ball boy just to stay talk is way over the top IMO. Players want to play period.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 2 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

Making an extra $7 mil per year might be nice too smile.gif

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 2 2018, 09:33 PM) *
Absolutely. The whole Nick loves Philly angle and he will be the ball boy just to stay talk is way over the top IMO. Players want to play period.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 2 2018, 11:51 PM
Post #13

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 2 2018, 11:24 PM) *
Making an extra $7 mil per year might be nice too smile.gif

Sick isn't it? And most of these guys end up broke!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2018 - 01:21 AM