IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- GroundedBird   Biggest need for 2018-2019 Season   Feb 28 2018, 09:28 AM
- - eagle60   QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Feb 28 2018, 09:28 ...   Feb 28 2018, 11:39 AM
- - eagle60   QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Feb 28 2018, 09:28 ...   Feb 28 2018, 11:39 AM
- - Eyrie   LB depends on whether we keep Bradham or trade Ken...   Feb 28 2018, 02:22 PM
|- - eagle60   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 28 2018, 02:22 PM) LB ...   Feb 28 2018, 02:48 PM
|- - Joegrane   I hear you but the Safety that looked the worst ha...   Feb 28 2018, 03:15 PM
|- - eagle60   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 28 2018, 03:15 PM) ...   Feb 28 2018, 03:38 PM
|- - One   QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 28 2018, 03:38 PM) I...   Feb 28 2018, 03:58 PM
- - Eyrie   The correct formula is BPA at a position of need. ...   Feb 28 2018, 06:32 PM
- - eagle60   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 28 2018, 06:32 PM) The...   Feb 28 2018, 06:49 PM
- - eagle60   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 28 2018, 06:32 PM) The...   Feb 28 2018, 06:49 PM
|- - Joegrane   You don't think a LB selected at 32 could be t...   Feb 28 2018, 07:59 PM
|- - eagle60   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 28 2018, 07:59 PM) ...   Feb 28 2018, 08:27 PM
|- - eagle60   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 28 2018, 07:59 PM) ...   Feb 28 2018, 08:27 PM
- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 28 2018, 06:32 PM) The...   Feb 28 2018, 07:44 PM
- - One   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2018, 07:44 ...   Feb 28 2018, 07:59 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (One @ Feb 28 2018, 07:59 PM) If th...   Feb 28 2018, 08:20 PM
||- - One   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2018, 08:20 ...   Feb 28 2018, 09:26 PM
|- - Eyrie   QUOTE (One @ Mar 1 2018, 12:59 AM) If the...   Mar 1 2018, 03:54 AM
- - Eyrie   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2018, 12:44 A...   Mar 1 2018, 03:49 AM
> Biggest need for 2018-2019 Season
Eyrie
post Feb 28 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Illegal Alien

Group: Members

LB depends on whether we keep Bradham or trade Kendricks. If both go, it's the priority.

I'd actually lean towards WR at the moment since Smith is a likely cap casualty. Roseman's comments about WRs not being ready to play means that the pick would get a year to adjust to the NFL and we can evaluate Agholor, Hollins and possibly Gibson.

I don't think we need to address OT unless we cut/trade Peters. Maybe next year however when we have picks on day 2.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
eagle60
post Feb 28 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Veteran

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 28 2018, 02:22 PM) *
LB depends on whether we keep Bradham or trade Kendricks. If both go, it's the priority.

I'd actually lean towards WR at the moment since Smith is a likely cap casualty. Roseman's comments about WRs not being ready to play means that the pick would get a year to adjust to the NFL and we can evaluate Agholor, Hollins and possibly Gibson.

I don't think we need to address OT unless we cut/trade Peters. Maybe next year however when we have picks on day 2.

IMO the only way that you truly get better is BPA regardless of position (except QB). Free Agency is for filling holes. When you start drafting for need you start getting in trouble and start reaching for players. Remember all those junk safeties that we drafted that all shit the bed after Dawk left?

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 28 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

I hear you but the Safety that looked the worst has been starting for NE.

N Allen was serviceable even though not what one would expect for a 2nd rounder.

It is always a balance between need and BPA. For example, They are not going to draft a DT in round 1 considering the contracts that are already there. They are likely loosing a former 7th rounder in B Allen. They can use one of their 4th or 5th round picks for a run stuffing backup DT.

I bet they hold onto Kendricks until they know that Bradham is signed. I'm confident he's coming back. Both sides very likely want to get a deal. It is just a matter of finding a number that is fair. The Eagles will have the cap $ from cutting Kendricks after the Bradham deal is done.

Biggest issue is settling the Bradham issue.

I assume they'll draft at least one LB. I would not be surprised if it is in round 2 or 3 (picks from Nick Foles trade or trading down in round 1. They'll need depth in the event of another Hicks injury.

Then deciding on Big V's role. If he is the future starting L OT then they just need to use a mid round pick on someone to be backup OT. If Big V is only a backup, then I assume they'll use their first pick on an OT.

I assume they'll need two TEs. One might be the converted WR, Billy Brown on the practice squad. I could see them drafting a blocking TE in the middle rounds. If they go with two young guys, they will miss the veterans at that position.

I assume they are confident enough in the combo of Hollins, Agholor and Gibson at #2 WR but would not be surprised to see them draft another WR at some point. My impression is that T Smith's physical size as a blocker in the running game won't be easy to replace by the trio of young WRs.

I assume Nick Foles is good as gone.

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 28 2018, 02:48 PM) *
IMO the only way that you truly get better is BPA regardless of position (except QB). Free Agency is for filling holes. When you start drafting for need you start getting in trouble and start reaching for players. Remember all those junk safeties that we drafted that all shit the bed after Dawk left?

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Feb 28 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 28 2018, 03:15 PM) *
I hear you but the Safety that looked the worst has been starting for NE.

N Allen was serviceable even though not what one would expect for a 2nd rounder.

It is always a balance between need and BPA. For example, They are not going to draft a DT in round 1 considering the contracts that are already there. They are likely loosing a former 7th rounder in B Allen. They can use one of their 4th or 5th round picks for a run stuffing backup DT.

I bet they hold onto Kendricks until they know that Bradham is signed. I'm confident he's coming back. Both sides very likely want to get a deal. It is just a matter of finding a number that is fair. The Eagles will have the cap $ from cutting Kendricks after the Bradham deal is done.

Biggest issue is settling the Bradham issue.

I assume they'll draft at least one LB. I would not be surprised if it is in round 2 or 3 (picks from Nick Foles trade or trading down in round 1. They'll need depth in the event of another Hicks injury.

Then deciding on Big V's role. If he is the future starting L OT then they just need to use a mid round pick on someone to be backup OT. If Big V is only a backup, then I assume they'll use their first pick on an OT.

I assume they'll need two TEs. One might be the converted WR, Billy Brown on the practice squad. I could see them drafting a blocking TE in the middle rounds. If they go with two young guys, they will miss the veterans at that position.

I assume they are confident enough in the combo of Hollins, Agholor and Gibson at #2 WR but would not be surprised to see them draft another WR at some point. My impression is that T Smith's physical size as a blocker in the running game won't be easy to replace by the trio of young WRs.

I assume Nick Foles is good as gone.

I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Joe. The Eagles are so high on Sudfeld that Nick could easily be gone so we're on the same page there anyway. It's BPA all the way for me. I'm sure there is a little wiggle room there but I think that you have to stay true to your board. Who was that safety that Andy reached for in the second round and everybody else had him way back and he really sucked? I couldn't find him at all when I looked at past rosters. He had a weird first name like Jaquan I think.

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 28 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #5

Zero retired

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 28 2018, 03:38 PM) *
I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Joe. The Eagles are so high on Sudfeld that Nick could easily be gone so we're on the same page there anyway. It's BPA all the way for me. I'm sure there is a little wiggle room there but I think that you have to stay true to your board. Who was that safety that Andy reached for in the second round and everybody else had him way back and he really sucked? I couldn't find him at all when I looked at past rosters. He had a weird first name like Jaquan I think.

BPA is absolutely the way to stay out of draft trouble. They could very well draft a DT at 32, or a RB, or any position.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2018 - 03:27 PM