IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Now that the post Super Bowl Interviews and Appearences, Have wound down, Anyone you'd like to hear from?
eagle60
post Feb 21 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

Sorry for the double post. I new around here and screwed something up!

I look at it from a different perspective. The refs were letting everybody get away with everything. Our defense won the game for us, particularly in the first half when they were making Brady move a lot and he missed some throws. They also made the big play at the end of the game while the Patriots put token pressure on Foles. It was one of those games where the offenses were rolling and nobody was going to stop the other for the most part. The better team eventually won.

BTW, the Eagles did blitz some and got stonewalled. It was also strange how we shutdown Gronk in the first half and he went nuts in the second. Not sure what happened there. Maybe the Pats figured out where Jenkins was going to play at halftime. To me he just played the nickle all night even though he lined up as a linebacker most of the time with only a very few plays at safety.

Schwartz did some real cool stuff with his defenses this season. If you go to the team's website Fran Duffy posts great video breakdowns of both the offense and the defense every week. I'll post them here next season. He really breaks things down and it's not just 5 plays like a lot of guys do. Great stuff if you're an X and O guy.

This post has been edited by eagle60: Feb 21 2018, 11:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Eyrie
post Feb 21 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 21 2018, 04:55 PM) *

We've all done that at some point. And more than once in most cases laugh.gif

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 21 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 21 2018, 11:55 AM) *

I look at it from a different perspective. The refs were letting everybody get away with everything. Our defense won the game for us, particularly in the first half when they were making Brady move a lot and he missed some throws. They also made the big play at the end of the game while the Patriots put token pressure on Foles. It was one of those games where the offenses were rolling and nobody was going to stop the other for the most part. The better team eventually won.

BTW, the Eagles did blitz some and got stonewalled. It was also strange how we shutdown Gronk in the first half and he went nuts in the second. Not sure what happened there. Maybe the Pats figured out where Jenkins was going to play at halftime. To me he just played the nickle all night even though he lined up as a linebacker most of the time with only a very few plays at safety.

Schwartz did some real cool stuff with his defenses this season. If you go to the team's website Fran Duffy posts great video breakdowns of both the offense and the defense every week. I'll post them here next season. He really breaks things down and it's not just 5 plays like a lot of guys do. Great stuff if you're an X and O guy.

Since you are new around here, I am not sure if you've read that the penalty for such a thing is a round of beers for the board!

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Feb 21 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 21 2018, 07:29 PM) *
Since you are new around here, I am not sure if you've read that the penalty for such a thing is a round of beers for the board!

There's nothing better than beers and Bird football talk! Set'em up fellas! cheers.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 06:07 AM