IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Now that the post Super Bowl Interviews and Appearences, Have wound down, Anyone you'd like to hear from?
nephillymike
post Feb 20 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

I have two guys on my list.

Both were very quiet in all the post game hoopla.

Howie Roseman

Jim Schwartz

I know Howie by design has been out of the public. But the dude has earned it. Tell us the story Howie.

Jim Schwartz, DC, Mr Cool. I heard he was at the parade, but I didn't see him. I never see him and Doug together. What's his deal? What happened to his defense?

Anyone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Feb 21 2018, 12:12 AM
Post #2

Veteran

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 20 2018, 10:09 PM) *

Howie Roseman

Jim Schwartz

I know Howie by design has been out of the public. But the dude has earned it. Tell us the story Howie.

Jim Schwartz, DC, Mr Cool. I heard he was at the parade, but I didn't see him. I never see him and Doug together. What's his deal? What happened to his defense?

Anyone?

No holding penalties called in an NFL game.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Feb 21 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 20 2018, 10:09 PM) *

Howie Roseman

Jim Schwartz

Anyone?

Doug was aggressive in his game plan, and for some reason Schwartz wasn't. Seemed like he just rushed four all night, while they kept 6 or more to block. And to make it worse, looked like a lot of zone D that Brady picked apart. Our D excelled when we found ways to get pressure , and he gave them no chance to do it. Still scratching my head as to why?

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 21 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 21 2018, 01:41 AM) *
Doug was aggressive in his game plan, and for some reason Schwartz wasn't. Seemed like he just rushed four all night, while they kept 6 or more to block. And to make it worse, looked like a lot of zone D that Brady picked apart. Our D excelled when we found ways to get pressure , and he gave them no chance to do it. Still scratching my head as to why?

I think I heard that Brady's stats were best in the league against the blitz.

My biggest concern was not so much that they had all of those completions, but how wide open they were on most of them. It was like we were playing with ten on defense.

I can't find Schwartz on any of the post game celebration footage, nor the parade footage. MacNow didn't see him either, but Diddy said he was there.

Anyone see or hear from him?

The other guy I didn't hear from was Joe Douglas. Anyone remember seeing or hearing from him?

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 21 2018, 08:59 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Schwartz did not have much to talk about. I'd have hidden if my D had just given up historic yards and points in the SB.

The good thing for the Eagles is that he'll be back next year.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 21 2018, 06:22 AM) *
I think I heard that Brady's stats were best in the league against the blitz.

My biggest concern was not so much that they had all of those completions, but how wide open they were on most of them. It was like we were playing with ten on defense.

I can't find Schwartz on any of the post game celebration footage, nor the parade footage. MacNow didn't see him either, but Diddy said he was there.

Anyone see or hear from him?

The other guy I didn't hear from was Joe Douglas. Anyone remember seeing or hearing from him?

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 21 2018, 09:33 AM
Post #6

Zero retired

The defense gave up 33 points and 602 yards to Tom Brady and the best offense in the league. They averaged 28.6 points per game last year. The Eagles won the game.

We knew the DBs give up big plays on double moves and there's been occasional tackling issues. Both contributed points for the Pats. That team has one of the best scouting and research departments in the NFL and the players to do the job. They knew our weaknesses and they capitalized on them.

The question is how do the Eagles fix it because we've seen it all year.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Feb 21 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #7

Veteran

I look at it from a different perspective. The refs were letting everybody get away with everything. Our defense won the game for us, particularly in the first half when they were making Brady move a lot and he missed some throws. They also made the big play at the end of the game while the Patriots put token pressure on Foles. It was one of those games where the offenses were rolling and nobody was going to stop the other for the most part. The better team eventually won.

BTW, the Eagles did blitz some and got stonewalled. It was also strange how we shutdown Gronk in the first half and he went nuts in the second. Not sure what happened there. Maybe the Pats figured out where Jenkins was going to play at halftime. To me he just played the nickle all night even though he lined up as a linebacker most of the time with only a very few plays at safety.

Schwartz did some real cool stuff with his defenses this season. If you go to the team's website Fran Duffy posts great video breakdowns of both the offense and the defense every week. I'll post them here next season. He really breaks things down and it's not just 5 plays like a lot of guys do. Great stuff if you're an X and O guy.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Feb 21 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Veteran

Sorry for the double post. I new around here and screwed something up!

I look at it from a different perspective. The refs were letting everybody get away with everything. Our defense won the game for us, particularly in the first half when they were making Brady move a lot and he missed some throws. They also made the big play at the end of the game while the Patriots put token pressure on Foles. It was one of those games where the offenses were rolling and nobody was going to stop the other for the most part. The better team eventually won.

BTW, the Eagles did blitz some and got stonewalled. It was also strange how we shutdown Gronk in the first half and he went nuts in the second. Not sure what happened there. Maybe the Pats figured out where Jenkins was going to play at halftime. To me he just played the nickle all night even though he lined up as a linebacker most of the time with only a very few plays at safety.

Schwartz did some real cool stuff with his defenses this season. If you go to the team's website Fran Duffy posts great video breakdowns of both the offense and the defense every week. I'll post them here next season. He really breaks things down and it's not just 5 plays like a lot of guys do. Great stuff if you're an X and O guy.

This post has been edited by eagle60: Feb 21 2018, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 21 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #9

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 21 2018, 04:55 PM) *

We've all done that at some point. And more than once in most cases laugh.gif

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 21 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #10

Illegal Alien

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 21 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #11

Illegal Alien

wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 21 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #12

Zero retired

This is like home for me. My wife tells me something and I don't respond. She tells me again, same. The third time I look at her and say "what?" See, you guys are like family. laugh.gif

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 21 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 21 2018, 11:55 AM) *

Since you are new around here, I am not sure if you've read that the penalty for such a thing is a round of beers for the board!

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Feb 21 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #14

Veteran

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 21 2018, 07:29 PM) *
Since you are new around here, I am not sure if you've read that the penalty for such a thing is a round of beers for the board!

There's nothing better than beers and Bird football talk! Set'em up fellas! cheers.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 08:53 PM