IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Duce promoted too, Assistant head coach
One
post Feb 20 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Zero retired

Group: Members

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 20 2018, 05:55 PM) *
I just hope that he's not too pissed off over not getting the OC job. He's a darned good coach. He really cleaned up a bunch of rbs that couldn't pass block worth beans in the beginning of the year.
There's a long list of outstanding coordinators that suck at HC. It may be possible in reverse too. Staley is a very good coach, but that doesn't necessarily make him a good coordinator, it also doesn't mean he won't be a great HC some day.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
eagle60
post Feb 20 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Veteran

QUOTE (One @ Feb 20 2018, 07:57 PM) *
There's a long list of outstanding coordinators that suck at HC. It may be possible in reverse too. Staley is a very good coach, but that doesn't necessarily make him a good coordinator, it also doesn't mean he won't be a great HC some day.

I agree with that 1. There certainly is more than one way to get to the mall. As for the Birds I'm wondering if Joe Douglas might be the most important guy in the organization right now.

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 20 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #3

Zero retired

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 20 2018, 09:02 PM) *
I agree with that 1. There certainly is more than one way to get to the mall. As for the Birds I'm wondering if Joe Douglas might be the most important guy in the organization right now.

Howie got all the blame when the personnel department was challenged. Now he's getting all the credit after they hired some respected talent evaluators. I'm not a real sharp knife in the football drawer, but there may be a connection there. Howie excels at negotiating and number crunching. Douglas is regarded as a Gyutou in the evaluation business. Combination is LII.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Feb 20 2018, 09:21 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (One @ Feb 20 2018, 09:18 PM) *
Howie got all the blame when the personnel department was challenged. Now he's getting all the credit after they hired some respected talent evaluators. I'm not a real sharp knife in the football drawer, but there may be a connection there. Howie excels at negotiating and number crunching. Douglas is regarded as a Gyutou in the evaluation business. Combination is LII.

Let's keep this front office intact for at least a decade!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 07:13 PM