IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> OC interviews today
Joegrane
post Feb 19 2018, 03:42 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Hard decisions are a part of life. Surely you don't want to disappoint your assistants but occasionally it happens.

Duce deserves the Nobel peace prize for what he did balancing the RB egos and talents this year! That does not mean he should be OC.

Groh deserves the Nobel prize in medicine for transforming the psyche of a So. Califorina beach bum into a really good slot WR in the NFL. However that does not mean he should become OC.

They might weaken more than one position by promoting from within. I'd like to see them add an older veteran to the offensive coaching staff, maybe with a name such as "offensive special assistant"

I heard it is rare for a RB coach to become OC. Only Andy R's OC was RB coach among current NFL OCs. I'd rather see a RB coach become OC at the college level before coming back to the NFL as OC.

QB coach is much more likely to become OC. Isn't Groh a former QB coach?

QUOTE (One @ Feb 19 2018, 02:47 PM) *
Doug is interviewing both Duce and Groh for OC today. Here ...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
eagle60
post Feb 19 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #2

Veteran

Group: Members

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 19 2018, 03:42 PM) *
Hard decisions are a part of life. Surely you don't want to disappoint your assistants but occasionally it happens.

Duce deserves the Nobel peace prize for what he did balancing the RB egos and talents this year! That does not mean he should be OC.

Groh deserves the Nobel prize in medicine for transforming the psyche of a So. Califorina beach bum into a really good slot WR in the NFL. However that does not mean he should become OC.

They might weaken more than one position by promoting from within. I'd like to see them add an older veteran to the offensive coaching staff, maybe with a name such as "offensive special assistant"

I heard it is rare for a RB coach to become OC. Only Andy R's OC was RB coach among current NFL OCs. I'd rather see a RB coach become OC at the college level before coming back to the NFL as OC.

QB coach is much more likely to become OC. Isn't Groh a former QB coach?

Groh was also "the passing game coordinator" whatever that is. Flip had something to do with the red zone offense too. I think that Doug's assistants had much bigger roles than we realized. Stoutland was in charge of ll protection schemes. A lot of HC's call their own plays. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are the OC too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2018 - 04:34 AM