IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- nephillymike   Good news for Wiz   Feb 17 2018, 08:06 PM
- - One   Dilly, Dilly!   Feb 17 2018, 08:11 PM
- - Eyrie   We're facing some difficult decisions due to t...   Feb 18 2018, 06:00 AM
- - Birdwatcher   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 18 2018, 06:00 AM) We...   Feb 18 2018, 12:56 PM
- - Eyrie   QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 18 2018, 05:56 P...   Feb 18 2018, 02:07 PM
- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 18 2018, 12:56 P...   Feb 18 2018, 03:54 PM
|- - samaroo   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 19 2018, 05:54 ...   Feb 18 2018, 09:40 PM
- - Phits   QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 18 2018, 12:56 P...   Feb 18 2018, 08:29 PM
> Good news for Wiz
nephillymike
post Feb 17 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/...ssed-incentive/

Translated: Our bad for playing those stiffs more than they should have and we're sorry for our stupidity!

Good move.

They'll get it back when they cut Warmack.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 17 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Zero retired

Dilly, Dilly!

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 18 2018, 06:00 AM
Post #3

Illegal Alien

We're facing some difficult decisions due to the cap, so a move like this may not have helped that problem but does reassure the players that we're not ruthless bastards obsessed by the cap as may have been the case under a previous GM.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Feb 18 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 18 2018, 06:00 AM) *
We're facing some difficult decisions due to the cap, so a move like this may not have helped that problem but does reassure the players that we're not ruthless bastards obsessed by the cap as may have been the case under a previous GM.

All this worry about the cap is a bit ridiculous, as we have seen Howie maneuver us out of the miasma Chip inflicted on it. I fully expect him to find a way to manipulate it going forward in ways none of the amateur 'capologists' have yet to consider. Howie found ways to dump excessive contracts and even move up to a #2 pick that netted Wentz, and you still doubt him. The cap issues we face for next year are not even close to as bad as they were 2 years ago, so just relax...although I know Philly fans don't know how to do that. After bringing home the Lombardi a couple of weeks ago, one would think we would have a little more faith in this team figuring out where to go next.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 18 2018, 02:07 PM
Post #5

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 18 2018, 05:56 PM) *
All this worry about the cap is a bit ridiculous, as we have seen Howie maneuver us out of the miasma Chip inflicted on it. I fully expect him to find a way to manipulate it going forward in ways none of the amateur 'capologists' have yet to consider. Howie found ways to dump excessive contracts and even move up to a #2 pick that netted Wentz, and you still doubt him. The cap issues we face for next year are not even close to as bad as they were 2 years ago, so just relax...although I know Philly fans don't know how to do that. After bringing home the Lombardi a couple of weeks ago, one would think we would have a little more faith in this team figuring out where to go next.

It's a safe bet that we won't see all of Blount, Smith, Kendricks, Foles, Curry, Sproles, Peters, Bradham, Burton, Allen or Robinson here next year, so the difficult decisions are on who to keep and how to finance that. I trust Roseman to be creative but there are limits to what he can manage.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 18 2018, 03:54 PM
Post #6

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 18 2018, 12:56 PM) *

The cap situation this year is worse and the players we may have to part ways with are better. But that's ok because we won a Super Bowl !

Howie is great at what he does. What are your expectations? How many of the 14 free agents and other Eagles players do you think we will not be able to keep? I think there are very few we don't want to keep and almost all we don't will be cap related.

Id be interested in what you expect to see as far as players we lose and if your expectations appear reasonable, even with Howie's magic.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Feb 18 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 18 2018, 12:56 PM) *

cheers.gif

Howie convinced the Vikings to give up a first-round pick in 2017 and a fourth-round pick in 2018 (that can become a second or third based on conditions) for Sam Bradford.

Apparently, he can do anything.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Feb 18 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #8

Village Idiot

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 19 2018, 05:54 AM) *
The cap situation this year is worse and the players we may have to part ways with are better. But that's ok because we won a Super Bowl !

Howie is great at what he does. What are your expectations? How many of the 14 free agents and other Eagles players do you think we will not be able to keep? I think there are very few we don't want to keep and almost all we don't will be cap related.

Id be interested in what you expect to see as far as players we lose and if your expectations appear reasonable, even with Howie's magic.

My expectations (as earned by the FO) are for them to use the same pool of resources as the rest of the league, and field the best team in sports with it. Like I said in a previous post, I cannot in good faith second-guess anyone in the building right now. The NFL is designed for parity. When was the last time a team was this much better, top to bottom, from day one of a season, not named the Patriots?

I'm not saying we can't talk about it, but I'm content to let the dudes work and just watch the games. Also, we should tell Howie he's a football guy, too. He deserves it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 05:38 AM