IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Crazy Nick Foles Stats
Joegrane
post Feb 13 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

After reading these stats you can't really think Nick Foles will be back with the Eagles.
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...s-playoff-stats

Howie will not be able to resist the combination of an attractive pick plus the 5+ mil in cap savings. Furthermore, if Nick wants the starting job elsewhere, Lurie won't keep him from getting it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 14 2018, 06:09 AM
Post #2

Zero retired

If Foles is traded, either Arizona or Minnesota would be good landing spots. Both teams need a starting QB. Both teams are potential contenders and both have new OCs who had been QB coaches. Flip in Minny would be a good fit because he already knows Nick and his strengths and weaknesses. Arizona has McCoy, the cap space for an extension and Nick's home turf. Arizona picks 15, Minnesota 30.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 14 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #3

Zero retired

Just thought of this. Last off season most Eagle fans were pretty certain that Kelce and Kendricks would be traded or maybe outright released. Many thought that Peters and Curry would be cut. A Foles trade isn't a given.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 14 2018, 06:26 AM
Post #4

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

There was an article I read the other day that said if Alex Smith was worth a third round pick for a marginal starter plus a contact extension for the player, then Foles value would be the same but replace the third round pick with either a fourth or fifth.

I think it was on 247 sports.

If the Smith deal is roughly what we can get or less, my guess is he isn't going anywhere.

One thing though. DiFlippo was effusive in his praise of Sudfeld. That could play a factor.

Still, I can't see them jeopardizing this year for the trade and given Wentz injury, we won't know until mid camp if he's good to go, do a trade then is unlikely to bring as much return.

Nicky Six will be an Eagle until mid camp at least IMO.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 14 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

OTC says if trade Nick before Jun 1 save $5.2mil, if after Jun1 save $7 mil

By Jun 1 they should have a good feel for Carson's progress. They'll know their schedule. Do they think they could win the first game or two with Sudfeld or with CW who is not yet up to full speed?

I forgot Nick's background in Arizona. They could have a deal worked out with Arizona by Jn 1 and wait to see how CW is progressing.

I would take less in compensation from Arizona in a trade than Minn. Az is not a playoff threat. I would not trade Nick to Minn. I don't know if I'd accept a 1st rounder from Minn.

Who are the other veteran QBs available to be backup in the event the Eagles want to keep 3 QBs? I'm referring to guys who could be signed for less than half of the 7 mil the Eagles would save by trading Nick.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 14 2018, 06:26 AM) *
There was an article I read the other day that said if Alex Smith was worth a third round pick for a marginal starter plus a contact extension for the player, then Foles value would be the same but replace the third round pick with either a fourth or fifth.

I think it was on 247 sports.

If the Smith deal is roughly what we can get or less, my guess is he isn't going anywhere.

One thing though. DiFlippo was effusive in his praise of Sudfeld. That could play a factor.

Still, I can't see them jeopardizing this year for the trade and given Wentz injury, we won't know until mid camp if he's good to go, do a trade then is unlikely to bring as much return.

Nicky Six will be an Eagle until mid camp at least IMO.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 14 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 14 2018, 04:01 PM) *
Who are the other veteran QBs available to be backup in the event the Eagles want to keep 3 QBs? I'm referring to guys who could be signed for less than half of the 7 mil the Eagles would save by trading Nick.

Bradford is the name that comes to mind.

But we'd be daft to bring back a former starter to be our back up. What good has that ever done us?

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 14 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 14 2018, 03:08 PM) *

But we'd be daft to bring back a former starter to be our back up. What good has that ever done us?

I don't want that bum here.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 14 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 14 2018, 06:26 AM) *

I heard that too, and it's ridiculous. Alex Smith has 2 career postseason wins, and those are thanks to being asked to dink and dunk for 60 minutes. Foles has 3 this year, and he dethroned the most hated dynasty in all of American sports.

That's not to say my opinion is shared in front offices around the league - after all, there's idiots in Washington who seem to defy all logic and reason on a yearly basis, which is why Smith is being discussed.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 14 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

Bradford is a starter, just injury prone. He'll go somewhere to start, maybe to a team that will be drafting a QB. I still think he'll stay in Minn and they'll also sign a good backup.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 14 2018, 03:08 PM) *

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 14 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

EVEN MORE CRAZY NICK FOLES STATS!

Foles is 20-10 as a starter with the Eagles (.667), with a 62.4 percent completion percentage, 59 touchdowns, 20 interceptions, 7.5 yards per completion and a 95.2 passer rating.

Wentz is 18-11 as a starter with the Eagles (.621), with a 61.5 percent completion percentage, 49 touchdowns, 21 interceptions, 6.8 yards per completion and an 88.8 passer rating.

Foles is 6-4 against playoff teams, Wentz is 5-6. Foles has a 91.6 passer rating on third down, Wentz has a 92.1. Foles has completed 27 passes of 40 yards or more, Wentz has completed 15.

Foles has started 30 games, Wentz has started 29. Foles has thrown 86 more passes, thrown for 1,400 more yards, 10 more touchdowns, one less interception.
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...loser-you-think

Barring an offseason injury, there is no way Nick is going to be back with the Eagles next year.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 13 2018, 10:10 PM) *
After reading these stats you can't really think Nick Foles will be back with the Eagles.
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...s-playoff-stats

Howie will not be able to resist the combination of an attractive pick plus the 5+ mil in cap savings. Furthermore, if Nick wants the starting job elsewhere, Lurie won't keep him from getting it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 12:25 AM