IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Two OC coordinators?, or none, depending on how you look at it
Birdwatcher
post Feb 13 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Seems like the rumors are Pederson considering having Groh as his passing OC and Duce and the running OC.

It could work out nicely if it happens, unless Shurmur lures Duce away as a full OC.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 13 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

One article recently indicated that O Line coach, J Stoutland has been very involved in run game planning.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 13 2018, 02:48 PM) *
Seems like the rumors are Pederson considering having Groh as his passing OC and Duce and the running OC.

It could work out nicely if it happens, unless Shurmur lures Duce away as a full OC.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Feb 13 2018, 05:25 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 13 2018, 03:18 PM) *
One article recently indicated that O Line coach, J Stoutland has been very involved in run game planning.

Just heard Shula hired as OC in NY, so looks like Duce stays, and from what I heard, he is just as involved in game planning.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 13 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 13 2018, 06:25 PM) *
Just heard Shula hired as OC in NY, so looks like Duce stays, and from what I heard, he is just as involved in game planning.

I think Philly fans and Eagles personnel value Duce a hell of a lot more than the rest of the league. I would've been shocked if he got an OC offer from another team.

OC is a position that obviously carries prestige with it, for a coach with designs on eventually becoming a HC. They won't do 'co-OC's' but they might just name a pass coordinator and a run coordinator. The offseason is already off to an interesting start.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 13 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Normally I would post a cautious concern post but after thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that we won the fucking Super Bowl.

That's my witty retort or post of wisdom.

We won the Super Bowl.

Next crisis......

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 13 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #6

Zero retired

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 13 2018, 07:22 PM) *
Normally I would post a cautious concern post

Congrats on resisting the Axis lure and welcome to Optimysticism. However, you'll need extensive debriefing before your application can be reviewed. wink.gif

Doug has been uncanny pushing all the right buttons. If he is unconventional with his staff, he's earned the benefit of doubt. I read that maybe not only elevate both Duce and Groh as BW said, but maybe add someone as Asst HC or something to have another hand in the game planning maybe. Has this been done before?

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 13 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

The "two offensive coordinators" is a way to not hurt the feelings and aspirations of your young coaches.

However maybe there is an opportunity for the Eagles to add a veteran offensive special assistant, a former offensive coordinator with decades of experience who wants a less intense job providing ideas and wisdom to the young Eagles coaching staff.

This group needs a veteran assistant, a semi retired guy with decades of experience.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 13 2018, 05:45 PM) *
I think Philly fans and Eagles personnel value Duce a hell of a lot more than the rest of the league. I would've been shocked if he got an OC offer from another team.

OC is a position that obviously carries prestige with it, for a coach with designs on eventually becoming a HC. They won't do 'co-OC's' but they might just name a pass coordinator and a run coordinator. The offseason is already off to an interesting start.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 14 2018, 05:59 AM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (One @ Feb 13 2018, 09:49 PM) *
Congrats on resisting the Axis lure and welcome to Optimysticism.

Alright, love the name but gotta find something easier to spell. I just learned how to spell Agholar...

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 14 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #9

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (One @ Feb 14 2018, 02:49 AM) *
Congrats on resisting the Axis lure and welcome to Optimysticism. However, you'll need extensive debriefing before your application can be reviewed. wink.gif

Does my previous apostasy count against me?

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 14 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 14 2018, 03:04 PM) *
Does my previous apostasy count against me?

Once we look up apostasy we will let you know!

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 14 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #11

Zero retired

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 14 2018, 07:12 PM) *
Once we look up apostasy we will let you know!

I think we many need to lock down this thread. I looked it up and it said something about religion and politics. laugh.gif

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 14 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (One @ Feb 14 2018, 07:27 PM) *
I think we many need to lock down this thread. I looked it up and it said something about religion and politics. laugh.gif

The abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

I get it, he renounced the Axis.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 09:09 AM