IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Eagles have landed in Philly, and showed a ton of class
Birdwatcher
post Feb 5 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

First comes Lurie out of the plane with the trophy held high, but then, once the team is off the plane, they walk to the fence and greet the fans waiting for them. Total class act!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 5 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 5 2018, 04:18 PM) *
First comes Lurie out of the plane with the trophy held high, but then, once the team is off the plane, they walk to the fence and greet the fans waiting for them. Total class act!

I've given Lurie shit over the years, as many of us have. But the simple fact is for most of his tenure, he's paid to put a good product on the field, and it finally paid off.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Feb 5 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 5 2018, 03:18 PM) *

It was awesome, and there was also a really nice crowd at the Novacare Complex to cheer the champions on as they drove past them on buses into the facility. This parade is going to be a monster!!!

The parade is this Thursday, starting at 11:00am. It will start at The Linc, and then make it's way up Broad Street, around City Hall and then onto the Ben Franklin Parkway, and onto the steps of the Art Museum (YO, Adrian!) where the speeches will be made from, the same exact place where the NFL Draft was held this year.

--------------------
Philadelphia Eagles
2018 Super Bowl Champions

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 5 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Feb 5 2018, 05:44 PM) *
It was awesome, and there was also a really nice crowd at the Novacare Complex to cheer the champions on as they drove past them on buses into the facility. This parade is going to be a monster!!!

The parade is this Thursday, starting at 11:00am. It will start at The Linc, and then make it's way up Broad Street, around City Hall and then onto the Ben Franklin Parkway, and onto the steps of the Art Museum (YO, Adrian!) where the speeches will be made from, the same exact place where the NFL Draft was held this year.

Sucks it's Thursday. If it were tomorrow or Wednesday, I'd be coming up with my younger son to watch but I can't do Thursday. sad.gif

+Quote Post
HobbEs
post Feb 6 2018, 09:16 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Rumors are they are expecting 3 MILLION people in town for the parade.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 6 2018, 01:49 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (HobbEs @ Feb 6 2018, 10:16 AM) *
Rumors are they are expecting 3 MILLION people in town for the parade.

When the Phillies won in '08 I went to the parade, and it was an absolute nightmare. Once you got in it was all fun, but taking mass transit into the city from 10 miles away took about 2 hours - before we stopped waiting for the damn train and drove to the airport, and managed to get in that way.

Hey, we hadn't won shit in 25 years at that point, I understand the city didn't know how to prepare. But for this parade, they better prepare for 5-6 million. I wish I could go.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 6 2018, 11:58 PM
Post #7

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 6 2018, 01:49 PM) *
When the Phillies won in '08 I went to the parade, and it was an absolute nightmare. Once you got in it was all fun, but taking mass transit into the city from 10 miles away took about 2 hours - before we stopped waiting for the damn train and drove to the airport, and managed to get in that way.

Hey, we hadn't won shit in 25 years at that point, I understand the city didn't know how to prepare. But for this parade, they better prepare for 5-6 million. I wish I could go.

Where do you live?

I was at that parade, but my business was about three miles away and I had one of my employees drive me and my boys over to about a half mile from 20 th and Market.

They stopped the EL at Girard and all these people were taking the three mile trek from there to the parade.

This will be at least 50% more.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 7 2018, 12:25 AM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 7 2018, 12:58 AM) *
Where do you live?

Nowhere close, I split my time between the West Coast and Florida. At the time I lived in NJ, and was staying over my friend's house not too far from the city.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 07:26 AM