IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- Dreagon   Another unique situation...   Feb 5 2018, 12:59 PM
- - One   QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 5 2018, 12:59 PM) Yo...   Feb 5 2018, 01:14 PM
|- - Rick   QUOTE (One @ Feb 5 2018, 01:14 PM) I...   Feb 5 2018, 01:16 PM
- - Joegrane   No doubt Foles is good as gone. Furthermore the E...   Feb 5 2018, 01:18 PM
|- - SLOiggles   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 5 2018, 10:18 AM) N...   Feb 5 2018, 02:20 PM
- - Eyrie   I'd prefer to keep Foles unless we get a secon...   Feb 5 2018, 03:08 PM
|- - Rick   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 5 2018, 03:08 PM) I...   Feb 5 2018, 04:51 PM
|- - Eyrie   QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 5 2018, 09:51 PM) I...   Feb 6 2018, 03:41 PM
|- - Rick   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 6 2018, 03:41 PM) He...   Feb 7 2018, 05:51 AM
- - rumply   The Wentz injury is a substantial one & there ...   Feb 5 2018, 04:43 PM
- - nephillymike   With Wentz injury situation, I need a 2nd and a 4t...   Feb 5 2018, 10:52 PM
- - nephillymike   With Wentz injury situation, I need a 2nd and a 4t...   Feb 5 2018, 10:52 PM
- - D Rock   I’m not moving Foles for anything less than a 1s...   Feb 6 2018, 04:46 PM
|- - Joegrane   Don't forget the salary cap. You have to let ...   Feb 6 2018, 06:37 PM
- - The Franchise   QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 5 2018, 12:59 PM) Yo...   Feb 6 2018, 05:21 PM
|- - Joegrane   I hear you but you only have so many roster spots ...   Feb 6 2018, 09:10 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 6 2018, 09:10 PM) I...   Feb 6 2018, 10:19 PM
|- - The Franchise   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 6 2018, 11:19 P...   Feb 6 2018, 11:31 PM
- - D Rock   Ndomokong (sp?) Suh said he’d play for our defen...   Feb 6 2018, 05:23 PM
- - JeeQ   I'm not trading Foles for all the money in the...   Feb 6 2018, 07:24 PM
> Another unique situation...
Dreagon
post Feb 5 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

You guys are going to be there on draft day with a Super Bowl MVP quarterback who is not in your long-term plans. If you want trade-up ammunition, there it is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 5 2018, 01:14 PM
Post #2

Zero retired

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 5 2018, 12:59 PM) *
You guys are going to be there on draft day with a Super Bowl MVP quarterback who is not in your long-term plans. If you want trade-up ammunition, there it is.

I'd thought the same, but there's a couple of questions. Is Sudfeld capable of backing up or, if Wentz isn't ready can he start the season? If a trade, to move up or a trade for an additional pick? What's his value? Does his MVP trump his recent woes?

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 5 2018, 01:16 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (One @ Feb 5 2018, 01:14 PM) *
I'd thought the same, but there's a couple of questions. Is Sudfeld capable of backing up or, if Wentz isn't ready can he start the season? If a trade, to move up or a trade for an additional pick? What's his value? Does his MVP trump his recent woes?

You mean the same recent woes Case Keenum had? Maybe it had more to do with the situation than the player?

Anyone who is still doubting Foles is the real deal, I just don't get it. His numbers are there. He's had nothing but good/great games in the playoffs (remember his game against NO, the one he brought the Eagles back to take the lead before the defense gave up the game???).

Foles is a very good QB bordering on great.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 5 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

No doubt Foles is good as gone. Furthermore the Eagles will get very little for him. He's only under contract for a year. J. Lurie seems very loyal to special Eagles. Nick is now one such Eagle. Lurie will want Nick back for Wall of Fame and other SB celebrations years from now. they'll allow Nick to go where he wants to and for whatever they can get. the cap relief has substantial value. A4throunder would be ok.

+Quote Post
SLOiggles
post Feb 5 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 5 2018, 10:18 AM) *
No doubt Foles is good as gone. Furthermore the Eagles will get very little for him. He's only under contract for a year. J. Lurie seems very loyal to special Eagles. Nick is now one such Eagle. Lurie will want Nick back for Wall of Fame and other SB celebrations years from now. they'll allow Nick to go where he wants to and for whatever they can get. the cap relief has substantial value. A4throunder would be ok.

To me, if a team wanted a one-year rental, why not take Foles? He's cap friendly. I think the Eagles will hold onto him with the intention of starting him while Wentz continues to get healthy. If a QB goes down in training camp or during the preseason, then would make the most sense to send Foles elsewhere.

Having said that, I think the Vikings might make the most sense if Defilippo heads there this offseason. Which, in turn, would make for a WILD Week 1 game if the Eagles hosted the Vikings to open the season and it was Wentz vs Foles while the banner gets unfurled?

--------------------
I didn't need that fact, now I forgot who won Bud Bowl 8

Brian, there's a message in my Alpha Bits. It says "OOOOOO".
Peter, those are Cheerios.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 5 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Illegal Alien

I'd prefer to keep Foles unless we get a second, with maybe something in 2019 as well.

We saw what happened to the Packers this year when Rodgers went down, so why take the risk?

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
rumply
post Feb 5 2018, 04:43 PM
Post #7

Veteran

The Wentz injury is a substantial one & there is no guarantee he comes back to start the season so I would expect the FO will be doing all it can to keep Foles on for one more year. & I get the feeling that Foles might want to stay, be happy to, so hopefully something can be worked out.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 5 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 5 2018, 03:08 PM) *
I'd prefer to keep Foles unless we get a second, with maybe something in 2019 as well.

We saw what happened to the Packers this year when Rodgers went down, so why take the risk?

I'm sure we'd all love to keep him, however, do you think he wants to stay as a backup? He deserves to be a starter. He deserves starter money We OWE it to him to allow him (help him) in any way we can.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 5 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #9

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

With Wentz injury situation, I need a 2nd and a 4th to even return the phone call.

And I would need assurance that Wentz is good to return in good form before I uncertain it.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 5 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #10

With Wentz injury situation, I need a 2nd and a 4th to even return the phone call.

And I would need assurance that Wentz is good to return in good form before I uncertain it.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 6 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #11

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 5 2018, 09:51 PM) *
I'm sure we'd all love to keep him, however, do you think he wants to stay as a backup? He deserves to be a starter. He deserves starter money We OWE it to him to allow him (help him) in any way we can.

He's been the starter elsewhere, which led him to contemplate retirement.

Foles may decide that the grass is always greener in Philadelphia.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Feb 6 2018, 04:46 PM
Post #12

Resident "Literal Police"

I’m not moving Foles for anything less than a 1st round pick + an add-on.

He’s too valuable considering Wentz was injured in November.

The team apparently is very high on Sudfeld, so he’s not untouchable, but you can get the F outta here with any 2nd round picks talk.

Regarding Foles’ perceived value, let’s not forget the Jeff Fischer factor. That dinosaurs program ruined Nick, Keenum, and Goff.

Note the difference in Foles pre and post Jeff. Note the difference in Keenum and Goff post Jeff. That guy was a QB killer. I think the league sees it for what it is. All 3 of these guys were DOA under him. All 3 were in the playoffs as soon as they got out from under his ruinous regime.

Any season a QB spent under Jeff has to be thrown out of the data set for his total and utter offensive numb skull ineptitude.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 6 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

This should be one of the more interesting off-seasons in memory. These guys love to play here on this team and with this staff, and know they can win it all. You better believe lots of other players are going to want to come here as well, and will take less pay to wear green.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Feb 6 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #14

Resident "Literal Police"

Ndomokong (sp?) Suh said he’d play for our defense “for free” after seeing the way they practiced in our joint pre-season practice sessions this year.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 6 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

Don't forget the salary cap. You have to let go some players to get under the cap. Also do you want to extend these guys or allow them to get to free agency ?
Ajayi, J Hicks, N Agholor, R Darby, Elliot.

OTC says if trade Nick before Jun 1 save $5.2mil, if after Jun 1 save $7 mil

If Nick wants to go, he will go.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 6 2018, 04:46 PM) *
I’m not moving Foles for anything less than a 1st round pick + an add-on.

He’s too valuable considering Wentz was injured in November.

The team apparently is very high on Sudfeld, so he’s not untouchable, but you can get the F outta here with any 2nd round picks talk.

Regarding Foles’ perceived value, let’s not forget the Jeff Fischer factor. That dinosaurs program ruined Nick, Keenum, and Goff.

Note the difference in Foles pre and post Jeff. Note the difference in Keenum and Goff post Jeff. That guy was a QB killer. I think the league sees it for what it is. All 3 of these guys were DOA under him. All 3 were in the playoffs as soon as they got out from under his ruinous regime.

Any season a QB spent under Jeff has to be thrown out of the data set for his total and utter offensive numb skull ineptitude.

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Feb 6 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #16

Hall of Famer

I'm not trading Foles for all the money in the world.

1.) Wentz Isn't Healthy

2.) Who Knows How Long Until He's 100%

3.) If He Gets Hurt Again, We Have A Superbowl MVP Waiting To Come In

If Foles plays well, I wouldn't play Wentz all season. Foles enters free agency and gets the huge paycheck he deserves, and Wentz is our 100% healthy QB of the future

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 6 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #17

Hall of Famer

I hear you but you only have so many roster spots and only have so much $ under the cap. You don't want to be disloyal to those who got you the ring but you also have to build for the future.

For example, it is time for Celek to retire and for the Eagles to use one of their many mid round picks on a blocking TE.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 6 2018, 05:21 PM) *
This should be one of the more interesting off-seasons in memory. These guys love to play here on this team and with this staff, and know they can win it all. You better believe lots of other players are going to want to come here as well, and will take less pay to wear green.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 6 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 6 2018, 09:10 PM) *
I hear you but you only have so many roster spots and only have so much $ under the cap. You don't want to be disloyal to those who got you the ring but you also have to build for the future.

For example, it is time for Celek to retire and for the Eagles to use one of their many mid round picks on a blocking TE.

These are problems for another day gentlemen.

We have a damn parade to experience.

This city has to make room for 2.5 million people to fit in a half mile area. (5 mile long parade route by 1 street width wide). Mikeynumbers says that math don't work.

That calculates to less than one square foot per person!

Don't know what these city folks are thinking!

On second thought, you don't even get 100 feet wide because you can't stand in the street, you need to stand on the sidewalks. Sure, it is wider on the parkway but still.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 6 2018, 11:31 PM
Post #19

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 6 2018, 11:19 PM) *
These are problems for another day gentlemen.

No problems at all - I think we'll have a pretty killer off-season.

2.5 million? Pfft. If the city is preparing for less than 3-4 million, you'll feel it getting in and out. We're talking 58 years of waiting.....

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 7 2018, 05:51 AM
Post #20

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 6 2018, 03:41 PM) *
He's been the starter elsewhere, which led him to contemplate retirement.

Foles may decide that the grass is always greener in Philadelphia.

He contemplated retirement because he wasn't a starter any longer and he was in a crap situation the last time he was a starter with the Rams.

Yes, he may decide it's better in Philly but, a competitor at that level wants to start, not be a backup. That's how they get to that point. If I have a guy on the bench who is perfectly-happy being on the bench, I don't want him--especially when he should be starting somewhere.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 10:48 AM