IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> How Long Do You Stick With Foles ?
How Long Do You Stick With Foles?
Down 10 points, Foles' Plays as bad as the same as last two games
One Quarter [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
One Quarter plus Half the 2nd Quarter [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
One Half [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
One Half plus Half the 3rd Quarter [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Three Quarters [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Three Quarters plus Half the 4th [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
He stays if within 10 points no matter how bad [ 3 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
nephillymike
post Jan 2 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

To clarify, we are losing by 10 points at the end of the 1st Quarter and throughout the game up through 7.5 minutes left in the game.

In this game, Foles has played as bad as he has the last two games. Passer rating of 48, Offense is sputtering, lack of 3rd down conversions, ton of three and outs, inaccurate throws, not seeing the field, back pedaling in pocket etc.

Do you ever pull Foles for Sudfeld in this situation?

If you do, when?

To me, one player is not responsible for everything, BUT I will not let one player kill the team. Play at that level is team killing.

Ten points is not much, but you need to show that the offense is able to be complimented by your play. The teams we are playing will make ten points a tough road hurdle.

I go as far as the first half. Can't do further. You owe that to your players to hold people accountable. They all saw the tape of the kid throwing the ball against the same D, but with our backups on O. Sure T. Smith dropped a long gainer on Z Foles, but Hollins dropped one on Sudfeld. I would not hold it against Pedey if he made the switch halfway thru the 2nd Quarter.

Anyone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Rick
post Jan 3 2018, 05:54 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Honestly, does it really matter? Sure, Suddefield (or whatever his name is) looked better than Foles but, at the end of the day, he got absolutely nothing done either. Not even a sniff of a FG attempt.

If Foles isn't getting it done it's over...

+Quote Post
Zero
post Jan 3 2018, 06:06 AM
Post #3

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 2 2018, 10:50 PM) *
To clarify, we are losing by 10 points at the end of the 1st Quarter and throughout the game up through 7.5 minutes left in the game.

In this game, Foles has played as bad as he has the last two games. Passer rating of 48, Offense is sputtering, lack of 3rd down conversions, ton of three and outs, inaccurate throws, not seeing the field, back pedaling in pocket etc.

Do you ever pull Foles for Sudfeld in this situation?

If you do, when?

To me, one player is not responsible for everything, BUT I will not let one player kill the team. Play at that level is team killing.

Ten points is not much, but you need to show that the offense is able to be complimented by your play. The teams we are playing will make ten points a tough road hurdle.

I go as far as the first half. Can't do further. You owe that to your players to hold people accountable. They all saw the tape of the kid throwing the ball against the same D, but with our backups on O. Sure T. Smith dropped a long gainer on Z Foles, but Hollins dropped one on Sudfeld. I would not hold it against Pedey if he made the switch halfway thru the 2nd Quarter.

Anyone?

Sudfeld played his first snap in a regular season game last week. I'd much rather have Pederson adjust the game plan to help his struggling QB.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Jan 3 2018, 02:33 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Pederson needs to work his gameplan around a less than effective QB - not throw a rookie into his 2nd game ever in the freaking playoffs.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Jan 3 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #5

Illegal Alien

Foles stays in unless we're losing by twenty in the fourth quarter. And if that is the case then it won't only be Foles letting us down.

Sudfield's game against Dallas is a nice story but we haven't seen enough to throw him in at the deep end.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
rumply
post Jan 3 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #6

Veteran

Depends on if they effectively control out run game cause if they do & Foles is forced to go pass heavy for a while, well I'm getting heart palpitations just imagining it...

It's almost a no win situation if Foles is stinking it up again as it's too much to expect a rookie to go out in his first game, a playoff game no less, & hold it together for a half or 3 quarters. We've all seen it destroy guys with potential in the regular season.

Lets just hope Foles gets it all together & the O Line plays well.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Jan 5 2018, 02:37 AM
Post #7

Keeper Of The Truth

I have held back on Foles comments until I got a chance to watch the Dallas game again. Funny how perspective can change when you actually watch the tape to watch the QB alone. Foles was not terrible until that int. and what happened was really the O line and his WRs and TEs playing like shit. The first drive he was actually pretty good and Smith, not Foles or the Dallas D stopped that drive. He had WRs and TEs falling all over the field. He had ridiculous pressure on the 2nd drive and had 2 bad throws the rest of the quarter, one being the int. which was a terrible decision.

I am not nearly as concerned as some. I expect the offensive game paln to focus on throwing the ball out a of a 2 TE set, maybe 3 quite a bit and throwing to the middle of the field with lots of clear out routes. That is the stuff Foles is comfortable with. Expect them to go deep early to show whoever they play they are not going to be scared to do it.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jan 5 2018, 06:17 AM
Post #8

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2018, 02:37 AM) *
I have held back on Foles comments until I got a chance to watch the Dallas game again. Funny how perspective can change when you actually watch the tape to watch the QB alone. Foles was not terrible until that int. and what happened was really the O line and his WRs and TEs playing like shit. The first drive he was actually pretty good and Smith, not Foles or the Dallas D stopped that drive. He had WRs and TEs falling all over the field. He had ridiculous pressure on the 2nd drive and had 2 bad throws the rest of the quarter, one being the int. which was a terrible decision.

I am not nearly as concerned as some. I expect the offensive game paln to focus on throwing the ball out a of a 2 TE set, maybe 3 quite a bit and throwing to the middle of the field with lots of clear out routes. That is the stuff Foles is comfortable with. Expect them to go deep early to show whoever they play they are not going to be scared to do it.

Just wondering how Sudfeld compared with his shitty OL play and Hollins drop off a big pass. Did you watch him a second time?

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Jan 5 2018, 10:34 AM
Post #9

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2018, 06:17 AM) *
Just wondering how Sudfeld compared with his shitty OL play and Hollins drop off a big pass. Did you watch him a second time?

As a matter of fact I did and from the tone of your reply it seems you think Sudfeld was stellar. He was actually pretty bad. He had the Hollins drop and the holding call that negated a great sideline throw for a first down. He also had bouts of holding th ball too long, he made just about every handoff a painful dance and his completions were short dump offs. Perhaps you can disabuse of this notion....did he lead a few scoring drives? Did he even get them inside the 40? Did I miss something? He had 3+ quarters and he had a nice scramble and a face mask penalty to move the offense....other than that he threw short passes that got no Yac and took the offense nowhere.

HE has a nice arm and is more mobile than Foles but there is no way anyone with an ounce of common sense can honestly think that playing him in this situation would be wise when choosing between the 2.

That being said, the real thing to worry about should be from Dallas fans. They looked terrible and Prescott was high on the list of sucking......again

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rick
post Jan 5 2018, 12:40 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2018, 11:34 AM) *
As a matter of fact I did and from the tone of your reply it seems you think Sudfeld was stellar. He was actually pretty bad. He had the Hollins drop and the holding call that negated a great sideline throw for a first down. He also had bouts of holding th ball too long, he made just about every handoff a painful dance and his completions were short dump offs. Perhaps you can disabuse of this notion....did he lead a few scoring drives? Did he even get them inside the 40? Did I miss something? He had 3+ quarters and he had a nice scramble and a face mask penalty to move the offense....other than that he threw short passes that got no Yac and took the offense nowhere.

HE has a nice arm and is more mobile than Foles but there is no way anyone with an ounce of common sense can honestly think that playing him in this situation would be wise when choosing between the 2.

That being said, the real thing to worry about should be from Dallas fans. They looked terrible and Prescott was high on the list of sucking......again

Thank you. I've been saying this all week. No way Sudfeld should play this week.

And I guess those knuckleheads who were still claiming Prescott was the best QB in the NFC East halfway through the season can finally shut up.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Jan 5 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

For me, there's nothing about Foles that instills the least bit of confidence. At this point, I don't see much difference in the 2 QB's.

So start Shaggy, but as soon as he looks shaky pull him.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jan 5 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #12

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2018, 10:34 AM) *

Interesting the different interpretations of what we saw.

One of the shows this week, Eagles Extra or Road To Minnesota Or maybe one of the other two, showed every snap Sudfeld took. I did get to see most of Z Foles snaps a second time through replays but there may have been three or four I didn't see a second time.

I saw that the 2nd string OL was worst for Sudfeld that the starters were for Foles.

I saw really bad shotgun snaps to both of them.

I saw more dangerous passes from Foles in a few drives than the kid had in three quarters.

I saw crisper, more accurate passes and quicker decisions from the kid than Foles.

True about the lack of points, but if I told you are ones couldn't do shit vs their ones, realistically what output do you expect our 2s to get vs their 1's? They way he played, if he played with the 1st string, I think he does put up points.

However, not even I am trigger happy enough to start him this game. I agree with most that Foles should start. The fact that they gave the kid no practice snaps with the ones tells you they are not thinking about it. I would think it wise to get him 10-15% of the first team snaps just in case, but that's not on me. However, after one Half, if Foles is still wallowing in the 40's and 50's in passer rating AND we are losing by more than a TD, I make the switch in a heartbeat. Without first team reps, my guess is the Eagles will go at least into the fourth quarter.

No one guy should bring down the team.

I am hoping it doesn't come to that and Nicky Six turns it around, but no harm in being prepared.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jan 5 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

Didn't Sudfeld get one series with the #1 O Line?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2018, 08:11 PM) *

One of the shows this week, Eagles Extra or Road To Minnesota Or maybe one of the other two, showed every snap Sudfeld took. I did get to see most of Z Foles snaps a second time through replays but there may have been three or four I didn't see a second time.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Jan 6 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #14

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2018, 08:11 PM) *

I saw that the 2nd string OL was worst for Sudfeld that the starters were for Foles.

I saw really bad shotgun snaps to both of them.

I saw more dangerous passes from Foles in a few drives than the kid had in three quarters.

I saw crisper, more accurate passes and quicker decisions from the kid than Foles.

True about the lack of points, but if I told you are ones couldn't do shit vs their ones, realistically what output do you expect our 2s to get vs their 1's? They way he played, if he played with the 1st string, I think he does put up points.

However, not even I am trigger happy enough to start him this game. I agree with most that Foles should start. The fact that they gave the kid no practice snaps with the ones tells you they are not thinking about it. I would think it wise to get him 10-15% of the first team snaps just in case, but that's not on me. However, after one Half, if Foles is still wallowing in the 40's and 50's in passer rating AND we are losing by more than a TD, I make the switch in a heartbeat. Without first team reps, my guess is the Eagles will go at least into the fourth quarter.

No one guy should bring down the team.

I am hoping it doesn't come to that and Nicky Six turns it around, but no harm in being prepared.

I went snap by snap with both. I will wager you whatever you like. Sudfeld had one nice out throw taken away and had 3 nice 10 yd+ passes. But lets look at what a stud you saw.

Inside the Dallas 50 he was 2-5 for 7 yards. He averaged 5.8 yds/att. His longest passing play was 16 yards. I would disagree that the 2nd OL played worse for him. He held the ball a lot. I am not saying Foles looked great, I am saying that Sudfeld looked like what he was, a rookie. I have seen Foles play very well, that does not mean he will do that in the playoffs but he has it in him. There was nothing other than a nice scramble that was remarkable about Sudfeld other than that he was not a struggling Foles.

All stats courtesy of NFL.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phits
post Jan 6 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 6 2018, 03:05 PM) *
I have seen Foles play very well

How many years ago was that?

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 10:14 PM