IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Pulse of the Board Poll, Interested in Everyone's Opinion
Expectations in Different Situations
If Wentz Was Still Healthy, Expectations For The Eagles
Win the Super Bowl [ 5 ] ** [50.00%]
Lose in the Super Bowl [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
Lose in the NFCCG [ 2 ] ** [20.00%]
Lose in The Divisional Round [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
What was Your Expectation for the Eagles With Foles at QB after Rams Game
Win the Super Bowl [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Lose the Super Bowl [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Lose the NFCCG [ 6 ] ** [60.00%]
Lose in the Divisional Round [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
What is Your Expectation for the Eagles Now With Foles at QB
Win the Super Bowl [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Lose the Super Bowl [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Lose in the NFCCG [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
Lose in the Divisional Round [ 7 ] ** [70.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Zero
post Jan 3 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

If Wentz were still playing I'd expect them to be competitive in all games. Winning an losing in the post season is much more than just one player, coaching is probably at least tied with the most important. Pederson has a very good defense and an experienced DC to lean on. Forcing a pass happy game plan, even with Wentz would be stupid IMO but especially with Foles.

I think Foles shit showings the past few games are as much on Pederson as they are on the QB. Pederson has to see he's struggling and help him the same way he should with a less experienced QB. Let him get confidence and a rhythm with running and short, WCO passes before he opens it up. Give him protection so he doesn't get happy feet.

If Pederson protects his QB with the game plan the team still has a chance to win it all. My expectations aren't on your poll (like most polls these days it seems) because I expect Pederson to adjust to what he has and not be so anal with "next man up" protocol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Phits
post Jan 3 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

Foles stinks. We all knew it, we just hoped for better.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 3 2018, 06:22 AM) *
If Wentz were still playing I'd expect them to be competitive in all games. Winning an losing in the post season is much more than just one player, coaching is probably at least tied with the most important. Pederson has a very good defense and an experienced DC to lean on. Forcing a pass happy game plan, even with Wentz would be stupid IMO but especially with Foles.

I think Foles shit showings the past few games are as much on Pederson as they are on the QB. Pederson has to see he's struggling and help him the same way he should with a less experienced QB. Let him get confidence and a rhythm with running and short, WCO passes before he opens it up. Give him protection so he doesn't get happy feet.

If Pederson protects his QB with the game plan the team still has a chance to win it all. My expectations aren't on your poll (like most polls these days it seems) because I expect Pederson to adjust to what he has and not be so anal with "next man up" protocol.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jan 3 2018, 01:13 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

Maybe you are right, but how do you explain his occasional impressive performances, including the recent NYG game?

If the Eagles' offense generates >16 points in the playoff game and Foles is not terrible I'm confident he will have a #2 job next year.

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 3 2018, 12:09 PM) *

+Quote Post
Rick
post Jan 3 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 3 2018, 01:09 PM) *

I don't think Foles is a bad QB, I just don't think he's had enough work to be effective right now. He should be starting somewhere in the NFL for sure. He's not a HOFer (other than that one magical season) but he's good enough to start.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Jan 3 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 3 2018, 01:13 PM) *
Maybe you are right, but how do you explain his occasional impressive performances, including the recent NYG game?

1: His 27-2 season was statistically inflated by Chip Kelly's uptempo offense. It caught the league off guard. Our 'skill players' all benefited from that.
2: NYG didn't plan for Foles. If you were to review that game you'd notice many mishaps that we were fortunate didn't negatively impact us.

If the Eagles' offense generates >16 points in the playoff game and Foles is not terrible I'm confident he will have a #2 job next year.

I read somewhere that we could save in the area of 5mil by getting rid of him this off season.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
Phits
post Jan 3 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 3 2018, 01:30 PM) *
I don't think Foles is a bad QB, I just don't think he's had enough work to be effective right now. He should be starting somewhere in the NFL for sure. He's not a HOFer (other than that one magical season) but he's good enough to start.

I don't see it. In his last season as a starter, he was ranked the worst:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rick
post Jan 4 2018, 06:18 AM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 3 2018, 09:44 PM) *
I don't see it. In his last season as a starter, he was ranked the worst:

He was also on a shit team. I don't believe he's as bad as that nor is he as good as his best season. He's somewhere in between, which is better than many QBs in the NFL.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Jan 4 2018, 07:38 PM
Post #8

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 3 2018, 08:43 PM) *
I read somewhere that we could save in the area of 5mil by getting rid of him this off season.

According to Over The Cap they would save $2.2 mil.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2018 - 10:44 AM