IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Playoff Lines
The Franchise
post Dec 31 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

KC -7 against Tenn

That's insane. I'd bet the farm on Tennessee +7, and I'd even bet on them to win outright. After all, who has documented Andy Reid's January failures better than I have? laugh.gif

LAR -4.5 against Atl

I feel like the entire football world doesn't take the Rams seriously, and are just waiting for them to come back down to earth at some point. Maybe they will, but I think they win comfortably here.

Jax -7 against Buff

I wouldn't touch that one, but if you held a gun to my head I'd lean towards taking Jax and the spread.

NO -5.5 against Car

This should be the most interesting and entertaining game of the weekend, and certainly will be for us, as in all likelihood the winner comes to the Linc the following week.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jan 1 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #2

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 31 2017, 11:31 PM) *
KC -7 against Tenn

That's insane. I'd bet the farm on Tennessee +7, and I'd even bet on them to win outright. After all, who has documented Andy Reid's January failures better than I have? laugh.gif

LAR -4.5 against Atl

I feel like the entire football world doesn't take the Rams seriously, and are just waiting for them to come back down to earth at some point. Maybe they will, but I think they win comfortably here.

Jax -7 against Buff

I wouldn't touch that one, but if you held a gun to my head I'd lean towards taking Jax and the spread.

NO -5.5 against Car

This should be the most interesting and entertaining game of the weekend, and certainly will be for us, as in all likelihood the winner comes to the Linc the following week.

LAR line looks a little light, NO a little heavy.

With Shady being carted off today, stay away from BUF.

But what do I know. Mikeyjinx in full effect today. Bal -9, Was -4, NO to win and I won with BUF -2.5.

Interesting that LAR got the 3 seed anyway, despite trying to avoid MIN.

Serves them right.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Jan 5 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

They've all moved up a point and a half.

KC -8.5

LAR -6

JAX -8.5

NO -7

Damn, wasn't expecting that. I'd still take LAR with that spread, JAX would be pushing it. KC is way too much, even -7 was for me - and whoever takes that NO line is a fucking lunatic.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jan 5 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #4

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 5 2018, 07:54 PM) *
They've all moved up a point and a half.

KC -8.5

LAR -6

JAX -8.5

NO -7

Damn, wasn't expecting that. I'd still take LAR with that spread, JAX would be pushing it. KC is way too much, even -7 was for me - and whoever takes that NO line is a fucking lunatic.

I don't know what the trend is now, but at the time the Birds lost to DAL three times in a season on McNabbs air guitar game, the trend was:

A team that sweeps a division rival in the regular season was 13-7 in the playoffs against the swept team. Goes against what I was thinking. Not sure what recent data shows, but 13-7 is a strong trend.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Jan 6 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2018, 09:15 PM) *
I don't know what the trend is now, but at the time the Birds lost to DAL three times in a season on McNabbs air guitar game, the trend was:

A team that sweeps a division rival in the regular season was 13-7 in the playoffs against the swept team. Goes against what I was thinking. Not sure what recent data shows, but 13-7 is a strong trend.

I would think that beating the same team twice in one year is a strong indicator that you would beat them a 3rd time. 13-7 actually sounds just about right to me.

I didn't place any bets, but I suggested betting on the Titans to win outright, making 3.5 to 1 on your money. Glad to be of service. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 01:03 PM