IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> 9.3, And it's not the Russian judge score on a Czech gymnast
nephillymike
post Dec 31 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

It's the passer rating for our starting QB and playoff hopes.

sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
JeeQ
post Dec 31 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

How much was Jimmy G again?

+Quote Post
GroundedBird
post Dec 31 2017, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Veteran

Just my opinion, but it actually looks like Nick puts a lot of air under the ball.

I think he has to adjust to the December weather. The winds can play tricks on a floater.

IF we make it to Minnesota, then perhaps he's better indoors. And so... now that Wiz is back... let's run to the Superbowl!!!

(That's my hope, that is.)

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Dec 31 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 31 2017, 02:49 PM) *

sad.gif

Any given Sunday buddy, and I think the last couple of weeks Doug went pass heavy to get Foles reps and when they come out for the playoffs, he will pound the ball on the ground. I expect a different kind of game plan come playoff time, one that slows down the game, chews up the clock, and lets our OLine wear out whatever D we are facing. They have the guys to do it, three RBs that can pound the ball, and an OLine that works better when pulling and blocking for them. That should make play action work for Foles and let him manage the game rather than depend on him to be the play maker Carson is...he isn't that kind of QB.

But all that said, even if we are one and done I consider this season a full success and still think our best days are coming. Yeah it is rare to have a team as dominant as ours was until we took too many injuries, but it also rare to have a talent like Wentz under center. Some use Marino as a comparison, but the Dolphins did not build a good team around him, and the Eagles already have and I suspect will continue to do so. We still have a chance and I kind of like the fact that we are now considered underdogs going into the playoffs, this is Philly. wink.gif

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 31 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #5

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 31 2017, 07:18 PM) *
Any given Sunday buddy, and I think the last couple of weeks Doug went pass heavy to get Foles reps and when they come out for the playoffs, he will pound the ball on the ground. I expect a different kind of game plan come playoff time, one that slows down the game, chews up the clock, and lets our OLine wear out whatever D we are facing. They have the guys to do it, three RBs that can pound the ball, and an OLine that works better when pulling and blocking for them. That should make play action work for Foles and let him manage the game rather than depend on him to be the play maker Carson is...he isn't that kind of QB.

But rall that said, even if we are one and done I consider this season a full success and still think our best days are coming. Yeah it is rare to have a team as dominant as ours was until we took too many injuries, but it also rare to have a talent like Wentz under center. Some use Marino as a comparison, but the Dolphins did not build a good team around him, and the Eagles already have and I suspect will continue to do so. We still have a chance and I kind of like the fact that we are now considered underdogs going into the playoffs, this is Philly. wink.gif

One thing that was encouraging is that we only ran the ball four times in the second half, many times in an empty backfield.

Why?

Because that meant they really wanted to take a look at Sudfeld. The kid did pretty well, given he had our backup OL against their starters. A passer rating of 90, not too shabby. Put the starters in there with him today, and we win that game. He threw a better ball in the elements than Foles. Not even close.

If nothing else, they may give him some good reps for the quick hook if Floater Foles throws ducks again.

I agree that even a one and done is better than expected, but, I expected Foles to play at a slightly below average starter level, not the third string level he's played at.

Guys like us may never see another #1 seed with a coaching staff like this ever again.

Not that that's everything, but it was nice being in the catbird seat.

+Quote Post
GroundedBird
post Dec 31 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #6

Veteran

Just thinking... any idea if most of Foles' passes were to the wide receivers?

I'm of the opinion that it's harder to get the timing down with the WRs.

Perhaps that's what the Eagles were trying to do; if Foles' can't get that timing down (to the WRs) then it will be dink and dunk all playoffs.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 31 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Dec 31 2017, 09:45 PM) *
Just thinking... any idea if most of Foles' passes were to the wide receivers?

I'm of the opinion that it's harder to get the timing down with the WRs.

Perhaps that's what the Eagles were trying to do; if Foles' can't get that timing down (to the WRs) then it will be dink and dunk all playoffs.

The first drive started out pretty well, then an easy drop on 3rd down by Smith and it was over.

Again, Foles was bad, but he's getting NO help from these guys. If you have to dink and dunk, so be it.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 31 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

Why was nick so much better in the NYG game? Anyone able to analyze the ALL 22 videos to better understand what we've seen?

I understand that Nick has a long history of playing one good game followed by a bad one.

I hope they were working on his weak areas or the playoff game is going to be ugly.

It could be worse. we could have Zak P. as our " franchise QB" How could they be so impotent against the Eagles backups,
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 31 2017, 02:49 PM) *

sad.gif

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jan 1 2018, 12:25 AM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

+Quote Post
Zero
post Jan 1 2018, 05:46 AM
Post #10

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 31 2017, 07:40 PM) *
Guys like us may never see another #1 seed with a coaching staff like this ever again.

The team has been trending up in most all places. The personnel guys have been doing a great job and I'm not sure why that wouldn't include replacing coaches. This season isn't over yet. Let's see how it plays out before we call the grave diggers.

+Quote Post
GroundedBird
post Jan 2 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #11

Veteran

Hope it won't be difficult for our coaches to focus given the interviews they are getting.

Wonder how the Patriots handle it.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Jan 2 2018, 02:33 PM
Post #12

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Jan 2 2018, 05:45 PM) *
Hope it won't be difficult for our coaches to focus given the interviews they are getting.

Wonder how the Patriots handle it.

They're doing the interviews this week, which means that they can focus on us at the weekend and next week.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 05:57 AM