IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> 13-2 Ladies and Gentlemen...
Rick
post Dec 27 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

I know, I know, they looked like crap the other night but they're friggin 13-2!!! They have their issues for sure but, at the end of the day, they're WAY better than my wildest dreams at the start of the season as I had hoped...hoped(!) they'd get to 8-8. I'm just looking forward to seeing meaningful playoff football (In Philly no less!) again.

Yes, I'll be disappointed if they lose but I'll still be happy they did so well. The future is looking brighter than I'd hoped before the season for sure.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Dec 27 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

The Eagles are the only team that has to apologize for being 13-2

Pedey has to come up with excuses for being the #1 team in the league instead of being praised for it

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 27 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

The birds have had an easier than average schedule, However the Pats have had an easier road.
https://www.predictionmachine.com/strength-of-schedule

Will the refs in the playoff game be encouraged to help remove the wounded duck--err, Eagle -- from the NFC Playoffs?

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 27 2017, 12:09 PM) *
The Eagles are the only team that has to apologize for being 13-2

Pedey has to come up with excuses for being the #1 team in the league instead of being praised for it

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 27 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 27 2017, 04:47 PM) *
Will the refs in the playoff game be encouraged to help remove the wounded duck--err, Eagle -- from the NFC Playoffs?

Or do we get the treatment the Saints got when they made their run for a SB? Do they feel sorry for Philly?

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 27 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

The birds have had an easier than average schedule, However the Pats have had an easier road.

Maybe the Redskins 'strength of schedule' is so strong because they got their asses kicked twice by a 13-2 team? Or maybe that's why ours is 'weak?'

What a load of crap.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 27 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

It seems they are not including the head to head data and so not such a "load of crap."

"Strength of schedule rankings are based on the strength of the opponents that the team has played in the season to-date. Factors considered in these rankings include: margin of victory and wins and losses of opponents and the opponents of a team's opponents."

It does not factor in major injuries like some college basketball rankings do. For example, playing Green Bay without AR makes a huge difference.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2017, 05:34 PM) *
Maybe the Redskins 'strength of schedule' is so strong because they got their asses kicked twice by a 13-2 team? Or maybe that's why ours is 'weak?'

What a load of crap.

+Quote Post
rumply
post Dec 28 2017, 06:33 AM
Post #7

Veteran

Another week for Foles to gel with his offence & then it's simply a matter of winning 2 home games for a Superbowl shot...sounds easy enough wink.gif

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 28 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

There's still some position shuffling that could occur this Sunday. Atlanta and Seattle are fighting for that #6 seed, but the Panthers can still get the bye, or the division, changing places with the Saints.

This is great of course because apart from us and the Rams, every playoff team will be playing their starters. Let's go injuries! laugh.gif

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 08:53 AM