IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Foles vs Carr
SoCal
post Dec 27 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members

I live in Los Angeles so was not at the game. I thought Foles was terrible, but so was Carr. Were the conditions, cold and windy, such that it was difficult for any QB to have a good game? Just asking.

I think the Eagles are lucky (or maybe smart) to have him. He is better than some starters and better than many backups.

However he is probably not as good as whomever they will face in the first playoff game.

SoCal;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Dec 27 2017, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Illegal Alien

It's a fair point about the weather impacting on the QBs. Think it was JoeGrane who said that it also affected the missed chip shot FG at the end of the first half.

However we're going to face similar weather in January so it's something we need to overcome for homefield to mean something against a warm weather/dome team.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 27 2017, 08:19 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

The weather was not terrible but not good either.

Foles looked like he was trying to put more on his throws to compensate for the weather and so was over throwing receivers.

I agree with your assessment of Foles.

QUOTE (SoCal @ Dec 27 2017, 12:39 AM) *
I live in Los Angeles so was not at the game. I thought Foles was terrible, but so was Carr. Were the conditions, cold and windy, such that it was difficult for any QB to have a good game? Just asking.

I think the Eagles are lucky (or maybe smart) to have him. He is better than some starters and better than many backups.

However he is probably not as good as whomever they will face in the first playoff game.

SoCal;

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 27 2017, 09:11 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

I think everyone also underestimates the impact of playing on Christmas day. First time ever for the Eagles and it's got to be difficult to do so--even more difficult than a Thursday night game (mentally).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 06:05 PM