IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> It's your turn
eagleaddict
post Dec 26 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

Who are your 7 inactive players on NYE?

Wiz - no need to rush him back
Graham - ditto
Ajayi - Heavy dose of Barner and Clement
Ertz - can't risk injury
Cox - ditto
Jenkins - has played a lot of snaps
Bradham - ditto

Extra credit: who are your starters, reserves?

Do you activate Sidney Jones? Sturgis (not me)?

--------------------
In ? We Trust.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Eyrie
post Dec 26 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #2

Illegal Alien

I wouldn't rest anyone.

Our offense needs at least a half to build some rhythm with Foles, and our defensive starters should be able to play a half safely. Little niggles can heal during the bye week and a more serious injury is unlikely enough for me not to worry.

I'd leave Jones and Sturgis out. We need Jones to have a full recovery so that he can be 100% next year and Elliot is doing fine.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 26 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

Wiz and Graham are obvious. I don't know who else is dinged up.

I'd like to give some of the guys who have been inactive some PT. The positions that those guys play would impact my decisions.

Wasn't Mills limited in practice last week? That would make room for CB Douglas.

M Jenkins due to age and # of snaps played. Makes room for someone in the secondary such as S Jones.

I'd cut S N. Gerry to activate S Jones, assuming Jones can perform near 100%. I assume his conditioning is not ready for many snaps but you can't replace his athleticism. If a starting CB goes down against the Cowboys but they already shelved a healthy Jones, they'll kick themselves.

I'd promise Gerry in front of his buddies in the secondary that if he does not sign with any other team, he'll have a spot on the practice squad and will be signed to play with the team during next Preseason. I don't want the Saints or LA deciding they could use another S.

I'd leave Ertz active but not play him much.

I'd activate Gibson and deactivate Jeffrey.

I'd deactivate Blount and make Smallwood the workhorse back for the game--both running and passing. Ajayi would not get many touches, just a few while Foles is playing.

I don't know how you make room for OT W. Beatty. I would not want him playing in front of Foles so L Johnson has to be active. I'd like to see LJ's minutes limited. Maybe they could deactivate Ajayi and Blount.

I'd deactivate Cox and activate Qualls. I assume DE S. Means will be active in due to the Graham injury.

Sturgis got screwed and deserves better.

QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Dec 26 2017, 06:02 PM) *
Who are your 7 inactive players on NYE?

+Quote Post
eagleaddict
post Dec 26 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 26 2017, 07:11 PM) *
I wouldn't rest anyone.

Our offense needs at least a half to build some rhythm with Foles, and our defensive starters should be able to play a half safely. Little niggles can heal during the bye week and a more serious injury is unlikely enough for me not to worry.

I'd leave Jones and Sturgis out. We need Jones to have a full recovery so that he can be 100% next year and Elliot is doing fine.

So would you be ok with starting Corey Graham or Beau Allen in a playoff game if a starter needlessly gets injured?

--------------------
In ? We Trust.

+Quote Post
eagleaddict
post Dec 26 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #5

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 26 2017, 09:17 PM) *
Wiz and Graham are obvious. I don't know who else is dinged up.

I'd like to give some of the guys who have been inactive some PT. The positions that those guys play would impact my decisions.

Wasn't Mills limited in practice last week? That would make room for CB Douglas.

M Jenkins due to age and # of snaps played. Makes room for someone in the secondary such as S Jones.

I'd cut S N. Gerry to activate S Jones, assuming Jones can perform near 100%. I assume his conditioning is not ready for many snaps but you can't replace his athleticism. If a starting CB goes down against the Cowboys but they already shelved a healthy Jones, they'll kick themselves.

I'd promise Gerry in front of his buddies in the secondary that if he does not sign with any other team, he'll have a spot on the practice squad and will be signed to play with the team during next Preseason. I don't want the Saints or LA deciding they could use another S.

I'd leave Ertz active but not play him much.

I'd activate Gibson and deactivate Jeffrey.

I'd deactivate Blount and make Smallwood the workhorse back for the game--both running and passing. Ajayi would not get many touches, just a few while Foles is playing.

I don't know how you make room for OT W. Beatty. I would not want him playing in front of Foles so L Johnson has to be active. I'd like to see LJ's minutes limited. Maybe they could deactivate Ajayi and Blount.

I'd deactivate Cox and activate Qualls. I assume DE S. Means will be active in due to the Graham injury.

Sturgis got screwed and deserves better.

I guess it really depends on much action you think the starters need. I am of the opinion that the key players should be bubblewrapped if we have any chance. I forgot about Smallwood - crazy that we have 5 RBs and 2 on IR...

--------------------
In ? We Trust.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Dec 27 2017, 08:03 AM
Post #6

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Dec 27 2017, 02:13 AM) *
So would you be ok with starting Corey Graham or Beau Allen in a playoff game if a starter needlessly gets injured?

We could have lost Jenkins/McLeod or Cox/Jernigan for several weeks against the Raiders.

So yes, it's a "risk" I'm willing to take for a half. We have a bye week to rest players so let's try to keep the momentum going. Right now we've faltered against the Giants and Raiders so the team is not playing well enough for players to be benched in case something might happen.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 12:28 AM