IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- Rick   The day after...   Dec 26 2017, 07:24 AM
- - Joegrane   If you have an opportunity to watch the missed FG ...   Dec 26 2017, 09:35 AM
|- - Rick   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 26 2017, 10:35 AM) ...   Dec 26 2017, 09:47 AM
- - Pila   QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 26 2017, 01:24 PM) Well...   Dec 26 2017, 10:40 AM
- - Rick   QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 26 2017, 11:40 AM) Yeah...   Dec 26 2017, 11:18 AM
> The day after...
Joegrane
post Dec 26 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

If you have an opportunity to watch the missed FG look at the wind flag on the post. You'll see a burst of wind as the football is in the air. I don't know if it was enough to make a difference but it was brief enough that the kicker could not compensate for it.

It was good to see the D really step up. It was an amazing performance for their anemic O. They did much of their damage without B Graham.

QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 26 2017, 07:24 AM) *
Well, overall, it wasn't what we'd like to see last night but, a win is a win--even an ugly win--and that's exactly what they needed. Foles was awful. The offensive line was awful. Receivers didn't seem to be getting open and/or Foles was not seeing them (they didn't show much of what was happening downfield on TV so I'm not sure). I think it's obvious how special Wentz is. These were the downsides. Let's look at the upsides...

-The defense bounced back. They were slightly-shakey in the 1st half for a bit but they then stepped up and shut the Raiders down. Tackling was WAY better. They seemed to (finally) stop biting on the double-moves. They forced some turnovers.
-ST played good enough. Hate seeing Jake miss those chip shots but, that's exactly what his scouting report showed about him when they picked him up. So, not surprised but hope he can clear that up for the playoffs.
-Foles did get a comeback win--even if it was ugly. Remember when we had him before and people whined he couldn't bring them back to win? He seemed to settle down just enough to get the win.
-They won an ugly--VERY ugly--game they NEEDED to win. In short, they took care of business. Maybe not in the fashion we'd like to see but they did.
-They now have homefield advantage. This is probably the biggest thing which came out of last night. Even with the performance last night, they are still a WAY better team at home than on the road.

I was wondering how the team would play, on Christmas night, on a cold, windy night, etc. It has to be weird playing on Christmas--especially at night. Not making an excuse but many of the players have kids--young kids. So it's better they were at home so they could be with the kids to in the morning but it's still tough to leave to go to work. I've got to believe that was a factor as well.

I don't feel as badly about their performance last night as I did last night (after sleeping on it). I'm concerned for sure but not panicked--at least no more than I was when Wentz went down initially.

Keeping the hope alive...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Rick
post Dec 26 2017, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 26 2017, 10:35 AM) *
If you have an opportunity to watch the missed FG look at the wind flag on the post. You'll see a burst of wind as the football is in the air. I don't know if it was enough to make a difference but it was brief enough that the kicker could not compensate for it.

It was good to see the D really step up. It was an amazing performance for their anemic O. They did much of their damage without B Graham.

I didn't catch that--the wind. I'm sure it didn't help.

And yes, it was good to see them turn it around on D without Graham. Hoping this is a sign of the way the d will play in the playoffs. If they play as well as they finished the game in the playoffs, they'll be just fine...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2018 - 05:34 PM