IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Calm Down
The Franchise
post Dec 26 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Seriously, calm down.

Foles wasn't good, but Carr was even worse. And he managed to get enough yards at the end to give our kicker a chance at a game winner. Our WR's gave him absolutely no help.

The defense played out of their minds, which will be needed in a couple weeks no matter who we play. In all likelihood we'll play the winner of the Panthers/Saints first round game. I imagine we're all in agreement that we would rather face the Panthers.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Pila
post Dec 26 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Eusébio

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 26 2017, 08:06 PM) *
Seriously, calm down.

Foles wasn't good, but Carr was even worse. And he managed to get enough yards at the end to give our kicker a chance at a game winner. Our WR's gave him absolutely no help.

The defense played out of their minds, which will be needed in a couple weeks no matter who we play. In all likelihood we'll play the winner of the Panthers/Saints first round game. I imagine we're all in agreement that we would rather face the Panthers.

I'm not sure - the weather is more of a factor to a Dome team where humidity is a billion percent all-year, so perhaps that Philly January chill can be more advantageous than the overall talent margin of our potential opponents...

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 26 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 26 2017, 03:59 PM) *
I'm not sure - the weather is more of a factor to a Dome team where humidity is a billion percent all-year, so perhaps that Philly January chill can be more advantageous than the overall talent margin of our potential opponents...

Well, the last time we were in the playoffs Foles lost to the Saints when it was about 4 degrees out.....

Of course that was a different team, and our defense is excellent now. But Brees is one of the best ever, and I'd take Carolina any day over them.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 26 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Eusébio

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 26 2017, 09:47 PM) *
Well, the last time we were in the playoffs Foles lost to the Saints when it was about 4 degrees out.....

Of course that was a different team, and our defense is excellent now. But Brees is one of the best ever, and I'd take Carolina any day over them.

They do look better than Carolina, but the chill is a lot less forgiving on the aging. Brees was younger then.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 12:56 AM