IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Calm Down
nephillymike
post Dec 26 2017, 12:34 AM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

Our offense got bitch slapped by SEA with Wentz.

The O was playing well at LAR, but then Wentz goes down in the 3rd Qtr and by the time Foles steps on the field we're down four and he pulls out a win against a top tier team that bitch slapped the Seahawks last week.

He shines against a bad D, butvour D plays horrible against a bad O. ST come up big.

Tonight our D was dominate, ST ok and O was poor.

If I told you Wentz would go down and we'd come back and beat the Rams, win the third game on the road where the D played horribly, and win to get the home field.

You take it.

30 other teams in the NFL would love to be where we are. They have to come to our house.

I'll take it any day of the week.

Merry Christmas Philadelphia!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 26 2017, 07:10 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Way to put it into perspective. Hoping last night was just an off-night for the offense and Pedersen.

But I was wondering if there is a new rule which says Nick Foles is not allowed to run the ball. He had a few situations where he could have tucked the ball and run for a first down and threw instead. Wouldn't be as big of a problem except he was off last night...WAY off.

His offensive line didn't do him any favors for sure. I'm thinking (hoping) this was jut an off-night for the offense.

The defense really picked it up in the second half and won the game. Was good to see they stepped up after the past few weeks.

I'm not panicked--and I'm still feeling about the same as when Wentz went down. Foles is good enough if the offense does its job. Foles is good...very good but Wentz is special. I think last night showed the difference between the two. Wentz seems to be able to power through a bad performance and still make some things happen. Foles just struggles.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Dec 26 2017, 08:25 AM
Post #3

Illegal Alien

The only positive that I take from last night was that I made the right decision not to stay up and watch live. Instead I sat through the game as live this morning.

We need to play a lot better to avoid being one and done in the playoffs.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 26 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #4

Eusébio

That was a hard-nosed win. One of true character.

Consider that the offense spent the entire 2nd half backed up a few steps from falling off the cliff. How often do you see teams break there with a horrible mistake from the persistent pressure?

To endure there and not do anything critically fatal... then when given the opportunity to get out of the pit (from a great play from the defense) and move the ball for the winning points was the kind of mettle we wondered if the team had it in them when they were blowing teams out.

Well, now we know. This is a team that will scratch and bite with diseased dogs if they have to. That was a perfect example of a team willing itself into a win by any means necessary.

13-2.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 26 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Seriously, calm down.

Foles wasn't good, but Carr was even worse. And he managed to get enough yards at the end to give our kicker a chance at a game winner. Our WR's gave him absolutely no help.

The defense played out of their minds, which will be needed in a couple weeks no matter who we play. In all likelihood we'll play the winner of the Panthers/Saints first round game. I imagine we're all in agreement that we would rather face the Panthers.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 26 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #6

Eusébio

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 26 2017, 08:06 PM) *
Seriously, calm down.

Foles wasn't good, but Carr was even worse. And he managed to get enough yards at the end to give our kicker a chance at a game winner. Our WR's gave him absolutely no help.

The defense played out of their minds, which will be needed in a couple weeks no matter who we play. In all likelihood we'll play the winner of the Panthers/Saints first round game. I imagine we're all in agreement that we would rather face the Panthers.

I'm not sure - the weather is more of a factor to a Dome team where humidity is a billion percent all-year, so perhaps that Philly January chill can be more advantageous than the overall talent margin of our potential opponents...

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 26 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 26 2017, 03:59 PM) *
I'm not sure - the weather is more of a factor to a Dome team where humidity is a billion percent all-year, so perhaps that Philly January chill can be more advantageous than the overall talent margin of our potential opponents...

Well, the last time we were in the playoffs Foles lost to the Saints when it was about 4 degrees out.....

Of course that was a different team, and our defense is excellent now. But Brees is one of the best ever, and I'd take Carolina any day over them.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 26 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #8

Eusébio

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 26 2017, 09:47 PM) *
Well, the last time we were in the playoffs Foles lost to the Saints when it was about 4 degrees out.....

Of course that was a different team, and our defense is excellent now. But Brees is one of the best ever, and I'd take Carolina any day over them.

They do look better than Carolina, but the chill is a lot less forgiving on the aging. Brees was younger then.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 02:33 PM