IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> A Seemingly Illadvised Non Move By The Eagles
nephillymike
post Dec 24 2017, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 23 2017, 10:08 PM) *
You honestly believe they could bring in a QB from the street and have him ready to run this O in a couple of weeks? Bottom line, if Nick goes down it is game over, just like if Brady, Brees, et al. were to get knocked out by injury this late in the game, we were damn lucky to have a backup as good as Foles. Can you name me other good QBs backing up the starters heading into the playoffs?

You sure could, at least good enough to handle basic things in a game manager role with a lead. He wouldn't be a good QB per se, but someone capable of performing normal QB duties in a crunch.

Remember, you are comparing an emergency QB to the 53rd man on your team.

It's a no brainer.

I wonder how many playoff teams have two QB including the practice squad?

Seems real stupid.

Also, Foles had arm problems remember? You may want to save him some throws in practice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Rick
post Dec 24 2017, 06:26 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 24 2017, 03:05 AM) *
You sure could, at least good enough to handle basic things in a game manager role with a lead. He wouldn't be a good QB per se, but someone capable of performing normal QB duties in a crunch.

Remember, you are comparing an emergency QB to the 53rd man on your team.

It's a no brainer.

I wonder how many playoff teams have two QB including the practice squad?

Seems real stupid.

Also, Foles had arm problems remember? You may want to save him some throws in practice.

I have to agree. Not saying the other QB would be able to make a playoff run but, what if, as you say, we're up and we just need to finish off a game and it's an injury Foles can recover from for the next game.

Or, more likely as the Eagles, they're up in the SB and this happens....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 02:28 PM