IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Pederson is growing on me, I like his comments post Giants game
Joegrane
post Dec 20 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Yes, at least for a talented, veteran team. I've not been his biggest fan but think he's done a nice job.

I wonder if his experience with good teams--Farve's Packers, Marino's Dolphins, Andy R. make him better suited to lead a good team. I wonder if he'd do well in a rebuild of Cleveland or the Jets.

I expect more of the same this week against Oakland.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 20 2017, 10:30 PM) *
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...dogfight-giants

Reuben Frank has a good article about Doug and how he is using that game as a teaching tool. He has handled this team extremely well, getting all of them to buy into team first, not me first. Not a 1000 yard rusher or receiver on the team and not a real complaint about it by any player. Now that they are back home, with an extra day of rest between games, lets see if they get back to form. Despite the aggravating performances the last few weeks, they are 4-0 in games decided by less than 6 points, while they were 1-5 last year. That is a pretty clear sign that they know how to win under adversity, a good sign for a playoff bound team.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Birdwatcher
post Dec 21 2017, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 20 2017, 11:20 PM) *
Yes, at least for a talented, veteran team. I've not been his biggest fan but think he's done a nice job.

I wonder if his experience with good teams--Farve's Packers, Marino's Dolphins, Andy R. make him better suited to lead a good team. I wonder if he'd do well in a rebuild of Cleveland or the Jets.

I expect more of the same this week against Oakland.

You act as if you just put together a group with talent makes his job easier, and it is quite the opposite, remember the 'dream team?' A roster of 53 talented NFL caliber players have an equal amount of egos and personalities that need to be managed, no small feat for a seasoned coach, let alone a second year one. These guys truly respect him and follow his plan, spread the wealth all around and let everyone get his share. His offense goes in so many directions to different players that Ds can't just shut down one player and slow us down. Luckily Foles is pretty good at scanning the field to find whoever gets open and did a fine job against the Giants. He has gone a multi game hot streak before and if we play it right he's only got to do it for five games, and he will be the less war weary QB in the playoffs too. I got this weird feeling that DP might just pull this off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 02:50 AM