IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> Now that I've Come Down From the Ledge, I am seeing it a little clearer, I think
nephillymike
post Dec 12 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

First off, what a downer after what was a great game.

The Rams are all that.

I chuckle at the arguing about play selection ( I am guilty).

How many points did we put up?

For the betting public, our odds to win the SB were 4-1 with Wentz.

They have dropped to 11-1.

We are the second best odds to win the NFC, behind MIN.

Ok. But when does the clock strike 12 and Keenan reverts to being.....Keenum?

A. Rodgers coming back is great. They probably won't make the playoffs if they win out. However, they do host MIN!

Like some have pointed out, we win as heavy favorites at NYG and vs Oak and we have the #1 seed and can rest guys week 17. That's the plan. It would stink needing to win that DAL game, IMO. Worst case scenario is losing one of the next two and then vs DAL and lose a first round bye (loss #1 seed would also hurt).

I think Foles will do well. I expected us to go to the SB, now with Foles, I think we are one game less than that, so I'll guess lose in the CCG.

The thing is, while Foles can be decent to good, I think decent to good are the new limits for our offense. With Wentz, imagine his game without the things he does at the last second. Those scrambles and stay in the pocket great plays will likely disappear. Without those, this offense is maybe good, probably above average. A reason he has to do the heroic, is because our supporting cast and OL isn't good enough to get open and block enough without them.

My other concern is that unlike most others, I see this season as being our best shot for a few years. Why? First off, Schwartz is gone after this year. Second, we have the benefit of playing a last place schedule. Same talent same situations different schedule and we're not the #1 seed. Third, Aaron Rodgers injury. Ask yourself, how long until we have a one game lead, plus the tiebreaker for the #1 seed after 14 games? That doesn't happen often.

So while others see next year, I see this as our best shot.

As a fan, I think we need to just bury our head and take it one week at a time. NYG are next. Win that one and see where the dust settles.

One week at a time.

If things go as planned, we win two, get the home field and play the hand were dealt. We don't have the pocket aces that Wentz drew, but you can win with other hands. I'm working on a big blind special !

"Always look on the bright side of life...."

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Rick
post Dec 13 2017, 06:10 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Have to agree with you on all of this. I'm still hopeful but not quite as excited as I was with Wentz behind center. Foles is good..very good...and should be starting somewhere. However, Wentz is special. As we all know, that doesn't come along very often. I only hope, when he comes back, he's close to the same guy back there.

This notion about the Vikings being better than the Eagles really has gotten ridiculous--not saying you said this. Right now, the Eagles are a game up on the Vikes but, in essences, are 2 games up (with 3 to go) after they lost to Carolina--a common opponent, which is a higher tie-breaker than the one they held over us this past week (winning percentage in won games). I'm not sure the Eagles play another common opponent to the Vikes and have gone undefeated in said opponents thus far.

I feel Foles is certainly good enough to be the vaGiants and good enough to beat the Raiders in Philly (although it's not a sure-win). I don't want it coming down to the last game against Dallas either. Dallas will be playing to ruin our season.

The Eagles do still have a lot of weapons on offense but not sure they're 30 points a game with Foles. Wentz was doing some amazing things, which resulted in more points. The defense really needs to step it up if they plan on a deep run. I think they're capable but I don't want to play the Rams again in the playoffs. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Zero
post Dec 13 2017, 08:18 AM
Post #3

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Not special QBs have gone to and won the SB.

Don't give up on Schwartz so easily, Mikey. There's obviously a good chance, especially if the defense slams the door on their next five opponents, but he's got a good gig here and will probably want to cherry pick his next HC experience and not be over anxious to take just a job.

In the words of a great philosopher, "it ain't over 'til it's over."

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Dec 13 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #4

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 13 2017, 08:18 AM) *
Not special QBs have gone to and won the SB.

Don't give up on Schwartz so easily, Mikey. There's obviously a good chance, especially if the defense slams the door on their next five opponents, but he's got a good gig here and will probably want to cherry pick his next HC experience and not be over anxious to take just a job.

In the words of a great philosopher, "it ain't over 'til it's over."

Amen...Schwartz is still seen as too much of a dick for most teams and all the teams looking for coaches this offseason fall into that category. I don't think he goes anywhere but will get a generous raise.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 13 2017, 10:06 AM
Post #5

Eusébio

The offense will suffer.... Wentz' success on 3rd-and-whatever made the other two downs virtually experimental. The team will no longer have that luxury and may start to resemble a much more mortal offense. And that is going to result in less points.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 13 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #6

Token Axis Member

FWIW,

Because of Wentz, Covers.com dropped the Eagles computed power ranking down four points from 2nd to 12th in the NFL.

By comparison, they increased the rating of the Packers by six points and they moved up from 22nd to 5th because of Rodgers.

They think QBs matter!

+Quote Post
Zero
post Dec 14 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #7

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 13 2017, 10:14 AM) *
FWIW,

Because of Wentz, Covers.com dropped the Eagles computed power ranking down four points from 2nd to 12th in the NFL.

By comparison, they increased the rating of the Packers by six points and they moved up from 22nd to 5th because of Rodgers.

They think QBs matter!
Of course they do, but at this point of the season coaches may matter more.

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 02:39 PM