IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> The "Woe is Us" List, Injuries that over shadowed Eagles wins with songs to set mood
Zero
post Dec 14 2017, 08:11 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 13 2017, 02:36 PM) *
Oh, and I wasn't alive for the Raiders SB. But from the looks of the game we got our asses kicked. Glad I missed that one.
Vermeil stressed out the players by keeping them on a short leash all week and we were jobbed by the officials.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Joegrane
post Dec 14 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Couple of weird plays in that SB game too. For example, Eagles good young CB was in better position to intercept a long pass near the end zone than the WR--Cliff Branch if I recall correctly. Some how the WR out jumped him for it and led to TD when it looked like it would go the other way. The clip is actually on youtube at the 2 min mark here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhlgY0timTA

Remember for the Eagles that year the win over the Cowboys in the NFC title game was their Super bowl. The actual Super Bowl was just icing on the cake. Before Vermeil the Eagles did not have a winning record in TEN years! The Cowboys and Redskins pummeled the Eagles seemingly every year. The disdain for the Cowboys is not a recent development.

That's why the Oak Superbowl is not close to being at the top of the Woe is Us list.

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 14 2017, 08:11 AM) *
Vermeil stressed out the players by keeping them on a short leash all week and we were jobbed by the officials.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 13 2017, 02:36 PM) *
Oh, and I wasn't alive for the Raiders SB. But from the looks of the game we got our asses kicked. Glad I missed that one.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 05:49 AM