IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> The "Woe is Us" List, Injuries that over shadowed Eagles wins with songs to set mood
nephillymike
post Dec 10 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

Randall in GB in the Bryce Paup hit

McNabb broken foot vs ARI

TO horse collar tackle vs. DAL

Wentz knee vs LAR

This one edges out TO for me.

Anyone have any to add.

Back to my playlist of

Everybody Hurts by REM
Can't Live Without You by Neilson
Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks
I Don't Like Mondays by the Boomtown Rats
Sound of Silence by Disturbed
Creep by Radiohead
The Living Years by Mike and The Mechanics
Christmas Shoes
Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
Funeral for a Friend by Elton John
Alone Again by Gilbert O' Sullivan

That's my playlist for my wallow in sadness.

Anyone have an injury or song to add?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Dec 11 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

This is rough. Wentz is the real deal and I hate to see this happen. Hopefully, the MRI will show things are not as bad as everybody fears.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 11 2017, 06:08 AM
Post #3

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 11 2017, 12:33 AM) *
This is rough. Wentz is the real deal and I hate to see this happen. Hopefully, the MRI will show things are not as bad as everybody fears.

Thanks D.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 11 2017, 06:32 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Just another time I wonder why I made my kids Eagles' fans...

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Dec 11 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Illegal Alien

Just for you Mikey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

I'm consoling myself with two thoughts.

Firstly we've already outperformed my expectations this season.

Secondly we have a very strong core group of players including Wentz under contract for several years, so we will be back next season.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 11 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

I agree with you.

However I'm the type who can be happy with an Andy Reid-like 10-6 season without ever winning the SB.

I read an article about Dan Marino's 2nd year as a pro. He went to the SB and lost. It seemed that he would have several more chances during his career. I think they said he never made it back to the SB.

It is very special for a franchise to have a Top 10 QB on a cheap rookie contract.

They did this with a last place team's schedule.

Let's hope St Nick has a miracle up his sleeve.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 11 2017, 04:07 PM) *
Just for you Mikey

Secondly we have a very strong core group of players including Wentz under contract for several years, so we will be back next season.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 11 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #7

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 11 2017, 04:07 PM) *
Just for you Mikey

Thanks Eyrie.

The classic rock radio station back in the day had that as their sign off of their morning show.

It's been a while since I've heard it.

+Quote Post
bwc2112
post Dec 11 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #8

Veteran

I'll be the optimist, Concerned Carson is out . Although Nick was a Eagles QB before the shake up. He did pull off in the past. One player does not make a whole team, We have a team that came to as one . Room for improvement , Yes ,and they will tell you that. We have gone way further than the under estimations of not only us on this site but the whole NFL world . WE ARE CHAMPIONS !!!!!

--------------------
True for life .

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 12 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

The worst moment/loss in Eagles history was the NFCCG against the Bucs. Nothing else even comes close IMO, including this.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Dec 12 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 12 2017, 07:41 PM) *
The worst moment/loss in Eagles history was the NFCCG against the Bucs. Nothing else even comes close IMO, including this.

I think it was Jurevicius who broke a big play that swung the momentum in that game to the Bucs. He caught a pass right in the middle of the field, right where Trotter should have been. Unfortunately, Trotter was in Was at the time. Banner really showed him who was boss.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 12 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 12 2017, 01:49 PM) *
I think it was Jurevicius who broke a big play that swung the momentum in that game to the Bucs. He caught a pass right in the middle of the field, right where Trotter should have been. Unfortunately, Trotter was in Was at the time. Banner really showed him who was boss.

I always heard it was more Reid getting pissed off and deciding to cut ties with him. Yeah, fresh off two All-Pro years, we decide to get rid of Trotter and send him to a division rival, and plug Levon Kirkland into his place.

Joe Jurevicius running 70 yards downfield on a 5 yard pass, while Kirkland eats dust - I hope that image plays in Reid's and Banner's minds every night for the rest of their lives.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 12 2017, 09:06 PM
Post #12

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 12 2017, 01:41 PM) *

True.

However the prompt said injuries that overshadowed wins.

I agree about that TB loss and I think most others will.

That TB loss is an interesting topic.

Why was that worse than both SB losses, one which we were favored?

Why was it worse than the CAR and ARI NFCCG losses, both as favorites and both after the TB loss.

My theory is that the TB loss popped the bubble of the Reid-McNabb era. We were on a linear rise and of course we could be that heat loving dormat. Mail it in!

It was like the first time Mike Tyson lost. We were invincible no longer.

That loss raised the 64 Phillies ghosts from their slumber.

I'd be interested in others takes on this.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 13 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 12 2017, 09:06 PM) *
Why was that worse than both SB losses, one which we were favored?

Why was it worse than the CAR and ARI NFCCG losses, both as favorites and both after the TB loss.

It was the last game at the Vet, against a team that we had dominated, a team that had never won in the cold, for a ticket to our first Super Bowl win ever.

Yes, this was the first game that highlighted Reid's bad play calling - never before had I given Andy any shit. He followed that disaster up with an embarrassing loss to the same team to start our time at the Linc, 17-0.

We were the best team in the NFL and had a pretty rock solid destiny story. That game brought us back into the reality of being a Philly sports fan, and we never recovered. McNabb got injured in the game against Carolina, and by that point we were seasoned in losing the NFCCG. Yes, we all expected TO to be the missing piece a couple years later. Then he got injured, and we lost a close SB - I never expected us to beat the Pats anyway, so it wasn't as bad as this game.

By time we got to Arizona, I had reconciled the fact that we were really never going to win a ring with Andy as HC. His play calling and sitting Lito Sheppard on the last drive drove that point home. After that I never stopped calling for his head.

Oh, and I wasn't alive for the Raiders SB. But from the looks of the game we got our asses kicked. Glad I missed that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zero
post Dec 14 2017, 08:11 AM
Post #14

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 13 2017, 02:36 PM) *
Oh, and I wasn't alive for the Raiders SB. But from the looks of the game we got our asses kicked. Glad I missed that one.
Vermeil stressed out the players by keeping them on a short leash all week and we were jobbed by the officials.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 14 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

Couple of weird plays in that SB game too. For example, Eagles good young CB was in better position to intercept a long pass near the end zone than the WR--Cliff Branch if I recall correctly. Some how the WR out jumped him for it and led to TD when it looked like it would go the other way. The clip is actually on youtube at the 2 min mark here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhlgY0timTA

Remember for the Eagles that year the win over the Cowboys in the NFC title game was their Super bowl. The actual Super Bowl was just icing on the cake. Before Vermeil the Eagles did not have a winning record in TEN years! The Cowboys and Redskins pummeled the Eagles seemingly every year. The disdain for the Cowboys is not a recent development.

That's why the Oak Superbowl is not close to being at the top of the Woe is Us list.

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 14 2017, 08:11 AM) *
Vermeil stressed out the players by keeping them on a short leash all week and we were jobbed by the officials.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 13 2017, 02:36 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 06:20 PM