IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> Little tidbit about playoff tiebreakers
nephillymike
post Dec 5 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

Right now, we lose the strength of victory tiebreaker vs. Minn because they beat better teams than we have.

However, that tiebreaker only comes into play because the tiebreaker higher up on the chain, record in common games minimum of four, does not count as MIN is 3-0 and we are 4-0. That tiebreaker, when activated, is used prior to strength of victory.

The common games this year with MIN are CHI, WAS, CAR, LAR.

If we beat LAR and MIN loses @ CAR on Sunday, then they cannot catch us in common games as we will be 5-0 and they will have a loss. The strength of victory tiebreaker edge will have no bearing.

Something to think about.

Something else lurking is GB.

They are at CLE this week. Then Rodgers comes back. Last year he won six in a row at the end. If they can get to 10-6, then they are probably a wild card, likely the 6th seed. Let's hope they lose at CLE!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
The Franchise
post Dec 5 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

NO goes into Atlanta on short rest Thursday. As you said the Vikings go into Carolina. Seahawks at Jags should be one of the most boring games in history. Ravens at Steelers should be good.

It'll be interesting to see how we bounce back against the Rams, though I'd expect the crowd to be heavily for us. If we lose we can kiss the #1 seed goodbye, and at that point would need the Rams to lose to the Seahawks and Titans to even give us a shot at the bye. I'd call this game a must-win if we're still thinking about Minnesota in February.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
eagleaddict
post Dec 6 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #3

Veteran

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 5 2017, 10:16 PM) *
NO goes into Atlanta on short rest Thursday. As you said the Vikings go into Carolina. Seahawks at Jags should be one of the most boring games in history. Ravens at Steelers should be good.

It'll be interesting to see how we bounce back against the Rams, though I'd expect the crowd to be heavily for us. If we lose we can kiss the #1 seed goodbye, and at that point would need the Rams to lose to the Seahawks and Titans to even give us a shot at the bye. I'd call this game a must-win if we're still thinking about Minnesota in February.

Well, I went to the Chargers game and I'm going to this one too. I see a win as the Rams are working on their silent count lmao. There will be way more Eagles fans than Rams. Side note: I went to Italy last week and saw 4 different locals with Eagles gear and 1 poor soul with a Steelers hat. No other teams represented. We are taking over!!

--------------------
In ? We Trust.

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 03:54 AM