IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> That sucked
CT_Eagle
post Dec 4 2017, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

It is going to be a rough morning after that loss.

A few quick comments -

Keep in mind it was one game. The Eagles have given us a lot to cheer about this season. Beat the Rams on Sunday and the Seattle game will be a distant memory

Even Wentz can have a bad game, and make no mistake about it, he had a bad game last night. He missed several open receivers that could have scored if Wentz was accurate. The fumble was obviously huge.

Jeffery's holding penalty was huge. It had no affect on the play but it sure cost the Eagles.

Pederson had a few boneheaded moments as well. No calling the challenge on the forward lateral still has me scratching my head. Not going for it on 4th and 1 early in the game left me scratching my head as much as going for it on 4th and 3 when the Eagles were in FG range. Points were desperately needed there.

I very rarely do this but the officiating was horrible last night. In the beginning of the game the refs were calling PI on the Eagles very freely. Very little contact was needed. Contrast that with the physical play of the Seattle secondary that was not getting called. Seattle receiver goes down after tangling his feet with an Eagles player, PI on Eagles. Eagle goes down after tangling his feet with a Seattle defender, no call. How they missed the forward lateral is also beyond me.

Anyway, on to next week. I feel good about the Rams. Wilson almost singlehandedly beat the Eagles last night with his ability to evade pressure. I do not think Goff will be able to match Wilson's effort there. The Eagles need a signature win. The only one they have had this season was against Car. It is time for them to step up to the plate.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 4 2017, 09:11 AM
Post #2

Eusébio

Yeah, I agree. The fumble near the goal line was especially deflating considering how sweated the entire drive was. Instead, they marched down and scored a TD. A 14-point swing.

Had we tied the game there, the momentum would have carried them the rest of the way.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Dec 5 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #3

Fuck Jerry Jones and the Cowturds

QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 4 2017, 10:11 AM) *
Yeah, I agree. The fumble near the goal line was especially deflating considering how sweated the entire drive was. Instead, they marched down and scored a TD. A 14-point swing.

Had we tied the game there, the momentum would have carried them the rest of the way.

Yep. Good chance they win this game if Wentz gets in the endzone there.

--------------------
He just couldn't get his Ducks in a row.
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post
SanfordRe
post Dec 7 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Rookie

This loss sucked more than most. I'm still feeling pretty defeated and I wish I shared your optimism about the Rams game.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 7 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (SanfordRe @ Dec 7 2017, 10:44 AM) *
This loss sucked more than most. I'm still feeling pretty defeated and I wish I shared your optimism about the Rams game.

There were a lot of reasons we were going to have a tough time winning that game. Add to that the performance our offense had in the first half and, well, this is what we got. Yet, they were still in the game.

This week, Goff is a pocket passer. The Eagles get after the QB. I feel like they're going to hit him early and often. They did that to Wilson but that guy is unreal. I don't think Goff responds the same way after getting smacked in the mouth a few times.

I also fully expect Wentz to learn from his mistakes and get better as he's done after ALL of the mistakes he's made so far in his (very) short career.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 7 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

While I generally agree with you, LA's O Line and RB are better than Seattle's.

Playing in Seattle is an advantage for them. LA is a neutral site for the Eagles and Rams.

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 4 2017, 08:26 AM) *
It is going to be a rough morning after that loss.

A few quick comments -

Keep in mind it was one game. The Eagles have given us a lot to cheer about this season. Beat the Rams on Sunday and the Seattle game will be a distant memory

Even Wentz can have a bad game, and make no mistake about it, he had a bad game last night. He missed several open receivers that could have scored if Wentz was accurate. The fumble was obviously huge.

Jeffery's holding penalty was huge. It had no affect on the play but it sure cost the Eagles.

Pederson had a few boneheaded moments as well. No calling the challenge on the forward lateral still has me scratching my head. Not going for it on 4th and 1 early in the game left me scratching my head as much as going for it on 4th and 3 when the Eagles were in FG range. Points were desperately needed there.

I very rarely do this but the officiating was horrible last night. In the beginning of the game the refs were calling PI on the Eagles very freely. Very little contact was needed. Contrast that with the physical play of the Seattle secondary that was not getting called. Seattle receiver goes down after tangling his feet with an Eagles player, PI on Eagles. Eagle goes down after tangling his feet with a Seattle defender, no call. How they missed the forward lateral is also beyond me.

Anyway, on to next week. I feel good about the Rams. Wilson almost singlehandedly beat the Eagles last night with his ability to evade pressure. I do not think Goff will be able to match Wilson's effort there. The Eagles need a signature win. The only one they have had this season was against Car. It is time for them to step up to the plate.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 02:42 PM