IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm not worried, They were off, the refs were inept, and the hawks were desperate
Birdwatcher
post Dec 3 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

But I think they come out next week and vent their anger on the Rams.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pbfan
post Dec 3 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #2

Veteran

Im glad they are playing these 2 games. This is what it's going to be like in the post-season, so we might as well see it now. Vaitai looked like the guard of last season, and I think even Johnson had trouble. But most of all I'm glad Wentz had a little time to see what it's like without a cozy pocket. I think this team can improve but it does show they aren't playing at the Patriots level of ball.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 3 2017, 11:46 PM
Post #3

Token Axis Member

We weren't going to win them all, and get it out of the system now.

You will hear Pederson this and Pederson that, but make no mistake, this one is on the Kid.

Two missed TDs to Agholar, one to Clement on a tough screen pass, and a fumble out of the end zone from the one yard line. We had aver 140 more yards then them.

I hate that we lost to that fucking team.

But, if you need to concern with first round bye and could only win one of these games, the Rams are more important.

Let's take care of business next week.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 4 2017, 06:10 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

My main concern is, this is yet another game where they came out flat in the first half. This trend is starting to get old. You can't come out flat like that against better teams and expect to win most of them.

The defense just didn't show up last night. They weren't playing with the fire we've seen them play with.

Wentz was definitely off early (again). Missed 2 (almost sure) TDs to Agohlar. But the offensive line had a lot to do with this as well as they played like crap all night.

The BS calls (and non-calls) didn't help the situation either.

All-in-all, it was a bad game. They need to learn from this and come out and kick the crap out of the Rams on Sunday. If they do that, I feel good about them. IF they come out and lay another egg--even if they get the win--I am worried about the playoffs.

Not SUPER-concerned as it's a tough place to go in and get a W. Especially when they (Seattle) had lost their previous 2 home games. They came out fired up. Even with that, we were right there so, we're not far off from winning that game. Had they played with the fire they have been recently, I think they'd have won that one.

Wilson is a beast.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 4 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #5

Eusébio

I'm not sure the defense had a bad game. Wilson was the only factor that made that effort look worse than it was. A normal human QB, and we'd be talking about a magnificent performance by the defense.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Dec 4 2017, 10:07 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

No cause for concern yet.

We need to remember that this is a young team and head coach. They are just getting the experience they need to turn what we have into a legit Super Bowl contender.

They missed a golden opportunity last night to show to take that next step. Who at the beginning of this season thought that the Eagles would be in that position this year?

With that said, they will have to start winning some of these types of games to progress. IMHO, they have had two opportunities this year, the Car game and last night. They are 1-1 in those games. This Sunday gives them another chance. A healthy Dallas team with Elliot in week 17 will give them two more opportunities.

The Rams game is big. I don't know what tie breakers are being used but right now Min has the #1 seed. The Eagles need this game this weekend to at least keep pace or pass the Vikings for that #1 seed.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Dec 4 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #7

Illegal Alien

Losing is bad, but this needn't be a bad loss providing it serves as a reality check and we perform against the Rams.

Play like that against the Rams however and we'll be one and done in the post season.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 4 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 4 2017, 11:07 AM) *
The Rams game is big. I don't know what tie breakers are being used but right now Min has the #1 seed. The Eagles need this game this weekend to at least keep pace or pass the Vikings for that #1 seed.

Tie breaker with Minn is deep...combined winning percentage of teams they've faced. Minn is like .450 and the Eagles are like .375 or something like that. So not far off either way.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 4 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 4 2017, 10:16 AM) *
I'm not sure the defense had a bad game. Wilson was the only factor that made that effort look worse than it was. A normal human QB, and we'd be talking about a magnificent performance by the defense.

The defense was not tackling well, they weren't covering well and they were playing slow without swarming to the ball. They were very uninspired.

EVERYONE knows Wilson is THE offense there. It's not a secret. They did a bad job doing the one thing they needed to do as well as the other things they needed to do.

+Quote Post
rumply
post Dec 4 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #10

Veteran

Poor game all around & some of the play calling, sheesh. What was that first half all about? Then don't go for it on 4th in spots we've been going for it all season, challenge a spot of ball, a call that almost never gets overturned then don't challenge a forward pass that yes, wasn't obvious live but you have to take the chance there, it was a game changer.

I posted after last weeks game that this team was ripe for & needed a loss after the party atmosphere & sloppy play against the Bears in 2nd half. Well they've had a wakeup call, coaches & players alike.

I'm not worried but I do want to see a much more ruthless & polished performance against the Rams, a performance we all know this team is capable of.

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Dec 5 2017, 12:52 AM
Post #11

Fuck Jerry Jones and the Cowturds

QUOTE (Pbfan @ Dec 4 2017, 12:41 AM) *
Im glad they are playing these 2 games. This is what it's going to be like in the post-season, so we might as well see it now. Vaitai looked like the guard of last season, and I think even Johnson had trouble. But most of all I'm glad Wentz had a little time to see what it's like without a cozy pocket. I think this team can improve but it does show they aren't playing at the Patriots level of ball.

Big V noticeably struggled at time, but that will stick out when you are used to having Jason Peters in that spot.

I thought Lance played a very good game keeping Bennett in check.

Carson Wentz doesn't need to see what it is like without a cozy pocket. He saw enough of that last year.

--------------------
He just couldn't get his Ducks in a row.
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Dec 5 2017, 12:54 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 4 2017, 07:10 AM) *
My main concern is, this is yet another game where they came out flat in the first half. This trend is starting to get old.

Are you serious? They have been blowing teams off the map in the first quarter this season, except for the seattle game.

--------------------
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Dec 5 2017, 12:56 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 4 2017, 10:16 AM) *

The seattle receivers did a nice job of setting picks right off the line, without actually making contact, and wilson hit them in stride with his quick three-step drop.

--------------------
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 5 2017, 05:58 AM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 5 2017, 01:54 AM) *
Are you serious? They have been blowing teams off the map in the first quarter this season, except for the seattle game.

Yes, serious. They were flat against Dallas. They were flat against the Bears. Yes, they took a cozy lead in the first half against the Bears but that was more because the Bears were so bad...worse than we were. They were not sharp at all.

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Dec 5 2017, 11:41 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 5 2017, 06:58 AM) *
Yes, serious. They were flat against Dallas. They were flat against the Bears. Yes, they took a cozy lead in the first half against the Bears but that was more because the Bears were so bad...worse than we were. They were not sharp at all.
Until the seattle game:

Philadelphia was outscoring opponents 70 - 18 (+60) in the first quarter

Also prior to the seattle game, they hadn't allowed a TD in the first quarter.

--------------------
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 01:35 AM