IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> Eli Manning Has Been Benched For Geno Smith, Geno Smith To Start For The Remainder Of The Season
JeeQ
post Nov 28 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

devil03.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
The Franchise
post Nov 28 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 28 2017, 06:19 PM) *
devil03.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

So basically, McAdoo has just fired himself.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Nov 28 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 28 2017, 04:45 PM) *

The entire fan base is calling for blood. Even former players and coaches are calling him an idiot. What was he thinking laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Nov 28 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 28 2017, 07:27 PM) *
Even former players and coaches are calling him an idiot. What was he thinking laugh.gif

Maybe he was trying to gain favor with a certain member of Wingheads. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Nov 28 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Do you really think a rookie coach has the authority to bench a veteran QB without talking to the GM, probably even the owner?

Could it be that they are thinking about going into rebuild mode by trading Manning in the off-season to a contender but need to know more about the other QBs they have?

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 28 2017, 06:45 PM) *

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Nov 28 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

Do you really think a rookie coach has the authority to bench a veteran QB without talking to the GM, probably even the owner?

Yes, of course. And he isn't a rookie coach.

Could it be that they are thinking about going into rebuild mode by trading Manning in the off-season to a contender but need to know more about the other QBs they have?

All I know is this was done in an almost comically bad manner. I hate Eli as much as anyone else here, but he's doing pretty damn good this year considering the crap he has to take the field with every week. He also has the longest QB starting streak in NFL history behind Brett Favre - he was offered to start games to keep the streak alive, then get pulled in the 2nd half. He told them to fuck off.

I'd be shocked if McAdoo isn't fired soon, and maybe the GM with him. What a PR nightmare for a guy that brought them 2 Super Bowls and has started every game for 13 years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Nov 28 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #7

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

So THIS is where Nabby has been!

He's running the NYG.

Geno fucking Smith!

Bwah.

Sheli never ever scared me.

Geno will make Tribisky look legit.

No idea what they're doing but I like it.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Nov 29 2017, 06:11 AM
Post #8

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

It's frightening to think that MacAdoodoo could have been coach of the Eagles.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Nov 29 2017, 06:26 AM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

The dumpster fire has been lit.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Nov 29 2017, 11:32 AM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

Okay, you've had your fun with this, now be serious for a moment. Why do THEY think this is a good idea?

Do they think someone will give them a 2nd round pick for Eli? It would have to be a team that is playoff-caliber except at QB. That used to be Denver, but they've been exposed. Jacksonville?
http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21606935

The only other reason to bench Eli is to get the team to think along these lines--that management is thinking about blowing up the team and rebuilding. Could it be a way to motivate them to play harder and give their fans something to hope for next year?

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 28 2017, 10:31 PM) *

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Nov 29 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 29 2017, 10:32 AM) *
Okay, you've had your fun with this, now be serious for a moment. Why do THEY think this is a good idea?

Do they think someone will give them a 2nd round pick for Eli? It would have to be a team that is playoff-caliber except at QB. That used to be Denver, but they've been exposed. Jacksonville?
http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21606935

The only other reason to bench Eli is to get the team to think along these lines--that management is thinking about blowing up the team and rebuilding. Could it be a way to motivate them to play harder and give their fans something to hope for next year?

Well, to be honest, I think this move was made at the ownership level. It might have been suggested by Reese or Macadoo (or not) but Mara would have been the one to sign off on it. That probably means several things. First, Macadoo is probably toast, and Reese may be as well. (unless it was Reese's idea and he suggested it to Mara in a bid to save his own skin). They are in official tanking mode now, and have likely already asked Eli for a list of teams he would be willing to be traded to. They are starting Geno for appearance's sake since he is their #2, but they know he isn't their future and I predict they will swiftly switch to Webb to see if they have anything there or not.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Nov 29 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #12

Illegal Alien

As has been pointed out by many people, the idea that Manning is a class act who has been badly treated by the NJ VaGiants will be a surprise to fans of the Chargers.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Pila
post Nov 29 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #13

Eusébio

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 29 2017, 08:56 PM) *
As has been pointed out by many people, the idea that Manning is a class act who has been badly treated by the NJ VaGiants will be a surprise to fans of the Chargers.

That one single moment is the only one I know of. Over the last 14 years, he's shown to be more than that. I think a class act isn't all that inaccurate.
My hate for the Ginas is great, but now seeing Sheli in this state is surprisingly making me feel for him. We had his number, even when we stunk. He did seem incredibly lucky at times, and I always hated the fact that the guy was indestructible. I've always admired that about him.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Pila
post Nov 29 2017, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Eusébio

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 29 2017, 07:15 PM) *
Well, to be honest, I think this move was made at the ownership level. It might have been suggested by Reese or Macadoo (or not) but Mara would have been the one to sign off on it. That probably means several things. First, Macadoo is probably toast, and Reese may be as well. (unless it was Reese's idea and he suggested it to Mara in a bid to save his own skin). They are in official tanking mode now, and have likely already asked Eli for a list of teams he would be willing to be traded to. They are starting Geno for appearance's sake since he is their #2, but they know he isn't their future and I predict they will swiftly switch to Webb to see if they have anything there or not.

I agree - these are orders from the top. Which should outrage the fan base even more.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Nov 29 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

I saw a video clip on espn of Macadoo suggesting that Webb will also get an opportunity this season.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 29 2017, 01:15 PM) *

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 08:42 AM