IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- Rick   Darby   Nov 20 2017, 06:38 AM
- - Eyrie   Given how well the CBs are playing, I'd be ver...   Nov 20 2017, 07:21 AM
- - JeeQ   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 20 2017, 05:21 AM) Giv...   Nov 20 2017, 10:20 AM
- - Joegrane   S Jones is an interesting dilemma. They'd ha...   Nov 20 2017, 10:27 AM
> Darby
Rick
post Nov 20 2017, 06:38 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

He played like a man possessed last night! Holy cow! We're actually starting to be pretty good in the secondary...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Nov 20 2017, 07:21 AM
Post #2

Illegal Alien

Given how well the CBs are playing, I'd be very tempted to leave Jones on IR to give him the best possible chance of a full recovery.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Nov 20 2017, 10:20 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 20 2017, 05:21 AM) *
Given how well the CBs are playing, I'd be very tempted to leave Jones on IR to give him the best possible chance of a full recovery.

From everything I've seen this season Jalen Mills deserves to start until he proves he's not capable

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Nov 20 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

S Jones is an interesting dilemma. They'd have to cut someone to bring him off IR. Now that they signed another LB, Ellerby, they might cut J Watkins, the handy reserve CB/S.

However, It would be nice to have Watkins as DB depth going forward. Watkins is also the 4th S now that C Maragos is gone for the season. That would leave them with just 3 S and M Jenkins plays some LB.

It would seem to be a lot to ask R Douglas to learn S in just his first year. especially if he has never played the position. However I bet that is what will happen next year in order to get him more reps.

Or would you prefer to cut W Smallwood and hope he makes it through wavers to the practice squad? I'm not even sure he is eligible for the PS due to the number of games he has played. I think the rules for 2nd year players are convoluted. C Clement and even K Barner have been productive.

CB is such an important position. If Jones, is close to 95% I think you have to bring him off IR. Obviously he won't have the endurance to play many snaps. I assume he would be deactivated for the game. But if one of the starters goes down, it would be really nice to have someone with his speed available to activate for the following game. .

I would actually activate Jones for the final Cowboys game if that turns out to be meaningless so he could get some game experience. They could give veteran P Robinson the week off to rest.

They are playing for this year's playoff run, not worrying about loosing a nice backup DB or RB for the future.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 20 2017, 07:21 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 02:02 AM