IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> Back to Wentz
Zero
post Nov 9 2017, 06:58 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

This is a real nice article on 11. Players and coaches share their thoughts on what makes the guy special, on and off the field. Check it out. His confidence, athleticism, leadership and charity are all part of what makes him up. The thing I think makes him a perfect fit for Philadelphia is his attitude. He's a worker and a thumper. Blue collar smart.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Joegrane
post Nov 9 2017, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

"Wentz's confidence and leadership has gone beyond how he conducts himself around teammates, he has reached a point in his development where debates over strategies and game-planning sometimes even get heated between the quarterback and offensive coordinator Frank Reich. "

With Reich, not Pedey, Hmm

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 9 2017, 06:58 AM) *
This is a real nice article on 11. Players and coaches share their thoughts on what makes the guy special, on and off the field. Check it out. His confidence, athleticism, leadership and charity are all part of what makes him up. The thing I think makes him a perfect fit for Philadelphia is his attitude. He's a worker and a thumper. Blue collar smart.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Nov 9 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 9 2017, 10:42 AM) *
"Wentz's confidence and leadership has gone beyond how he conducts himself around teammates, he has reached a point in his development where debates over strategies and game-planning sometimes even get heated between the quarterback and offensive coordinator Frank Reich. "

Not Difillipo (QB coach) either...hmmm.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
Rick
post Nov 9 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

He spends hours and hours studying tape. Kinda like that guy Peyton Manning did. I like it...

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Nov 9 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 9 2017, 11:42 AM) *

laugh.gif

Reich is quoted as saying Wentz has a reputation of arguing with coordinators going back to NDST, and that they have good discussions and implement elements of ND's offense that Wentz is comfortable with. The 'heated debates' crap comes from the writer. It also is unclear how many coaches are in those discussions - presumably the head coach is.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Nov 9 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #6

Token Axis Member

We are so lucky.

I am so impressed how his accuracy has improved.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Nov 9 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

especially accuracy on the long ball.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 9 2017, 09:18 PM) *
We are so lucky.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Nov 11 2017, 01:23 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 9 2017, 09:18 PM) *
We are so lucky.

He always had the tools, when you take the time to learn how to use them, it is amazing what can happen. And again, he is constantly learning more and more. He has a Peyton Manning football IQ coupled with far more athleticism, if he stays healthy the career this kid can have is staggering. I did notice in the Denver game that his completion % went down, mainly because he threw some air balls on purpose to avoid taking a hit. Another step in his amazing growth curve.

+Quote Post
rumply
post Nov 11 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #9

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 10 2017, 12:33 AM) *
especially accuracy on the long ball.

Yeah, the improvement & consistency from year one to two is amazing, he's a special player thats for sure. My only real worry for Wentz is the hits he is willing to take, although he does seem to have toned down that side of his game recently.

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 08:47 PM