IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Yo, Dreagan ...
Zero
post Nov 8 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

What's your take on Eagles vs Cowboys?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zero
post Nov 9 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 9 2017, 09:10 PM) *
Wrong in what way? Other than the NFL's typical inconsistent punishments, he is being treated in accordance with the CBA the players agreed to. The NFL does not have to go by whether there are criminal charges or convictions in order to punish players. I have no idea what, "evidence," the NFL uncovered in their (lengthy...LOL) 18 month investigation in this matter but they definitely know more about it than any of us around here.
Inconsistent is the point.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Nov 10 2017, 05:04 AM
Post #3

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 10 2017, 01:13 AM) *
Inconsistent is the point.

The NFL has been criticised for not doing more in response to allegations of domestic violence.

I'm less concerned about Elliott's treatment being inconsistent with what was done previously than I am that this establishes the base line. As long as there is consistency going forward, it's fine.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Rick
post Nov 10 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 10 2017, 06:04 AM) *
The NFL has been criticised for not doing more in response to allegations of domestic violence.

I'm less concerned about Elliott's treatment being inconsistent with what was done previously than I am that this establishes the base line. As long as there is consistency going forward, it's fine.

I've been frustrated with the inconsistencies for sure. It seems like they're making an example out of him at this point.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Nov 12 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Well, after that performance, I'm gonna say we're going to be lucky to pull off a wildcard.

We've got you guys twice, Washington and the Giants again, and the Chargers, Raiders, and Seahawks.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Nov 12 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

Honestly I have no idea what you guys can do unless you tell me the prognosis on Pro Bowl L OT T Smith and LB S Lee.

There are plenty of winnable games for you if those two get back on the field.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 12 2017, 10:28 PM) *
Well, after that performance, I'm gonna say we're going to be lucky to pull off a wildcard.

We've got you guys twice, Washington and the Giants again, and the Chargers, Raiders, and Seahawks.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Nov 12 2017, 11:29 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 12 2017, 10:20 PM) *
Honestly I have no idea what you guys can do unless you tell me the prognosis on Pro Bowl L OT T Smith and LB S Lee.

There are plenty of winnable games for you if those two get back on the field.

Lee's is his hamstring again, and Smith has this ongoing thing with his back. There's no way to tell with either of them. But if you ask me, I would say losing either of them hurt worse than Elliot getting suspended.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Nov 13 2017, 06:17 AM
Post #8

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 12 2017, 11:29 PM) *
Lee's is his hamstring again, and Smith has this ongoing thing with his back. There's no way to tell with either of them. But if you ask me, I would say losing either of them hurt worse than Elliot getting suspended.

Haven't you been with Lee so often over the years that you have a viable contingency plan for him being hurt again?

+Quote Post
Zero
post Nov 13 2017, 06:42 AM
Post #9

Obviously it's a bigger deal that Dallas lost Elliot, Smith, Lee and Bailey than it is that the Eagles lost Sproles, Peters, Hicks and Sturgis. What does that tell us, if anything?

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Nov 13 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

You could add #1 CB and Special Teams captain

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 13 2017, 06:42 AM) *
Obviously it's a bigger deal that Dallas lost Elliot, Smith, Lee and Bailey than it is that the Eagles lost Sproles, Peters, Hicks and Sturgis. What does that tell us, if anything?

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Nov 13 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 13 2017, 05:17 AM) *
Haven't you been with Lee so often over the years that you have a viable contingency plan for him being hurt again?

We've tried, but we're simply a totally different defense when he's in as opposed to when he's out. Officially he's day-to-day, but the word is he'll miss the next two to three games. We may get Smith back by this coming Sunday, but will he be at full strength? I think Bailey was originally supposed to miss about a month, so going by that we won't have him either. We just have to adjust not having Zeke. Morris didn't do too bad, but we got behind quick and kinda gave up on the run...and since our whole game is built around slowing the game down with the run, that hurt.
I'm not saying we're a bad team without that particular combination of players, but I haven't seen any evidence we're a playoff caliber team without them either.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 02:14 PM