IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Good article about the roster in general, and why it is working so well
Birdwatcher
post Nov 6 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...something-prove

These guys really are an odd group that have harnessed something special, and I think the article finds a pretty solid common thread. I think a lot of us who have lived in this area for many years are identifying so well with them because we are often the underdogs too. Can't say there is a player on this roster that I don't like and I do because I see how they are giving it their all, all the time. For those that want to stay 'grounded' I think you are missing out on how good this really is, and how rare. Enjoy the ride, this is something special.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zero
post Nov 7 2017, 05:53 AM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Thanks, BW.

At the end of last year, and even this August, there were very few people who thought we would be seeing what we are with this team. It's really not about them winning out or going deep in the playoffs or winning the last game of the NFL season, it's about the real reason most of us watch, entertainment. Any fan who's not being entertained by this team doesn't deserve to call themselves a fan.

Driving all day with the radio on, it's fun listening to ex-players like Westbrook and Richie talk about the team and the game, but hearing guys like McLeod is more insightful to what we're seeing this season.
“You look at this locker room, a lot of guys have things to prove," McLeod said.

"There’s a lot of different stories on this team. Guys being cut. Guys going undrafted. Guys getting overlooked. And they all make up a team that’s hungry as a whole. So that’s what you have. A lot of guys who are hungry and just want to win."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Nov 7 2017, 06:18 AM
Post #3

Token Axis Member

I listened to parts of the B. Graham and F. Cox shows yesterday and I was thinking how likeable this team is.

Seems like a great bunch of guys. For me, that makes it more fun.

Thanks for the link BW.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Nov 7 2017, 06:19 AM
Post #4

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

The more I think about this, thinking about how the season has evolved and where it all started, the more amazing it really is.

This all started with Chip Kelly and how he decimated the team. Rightfully so, we didn't just blame Kelly, but we blamed Lurie and Roseman. The two guys who gushed about how Kelly was the trend setter for the NFL and how lucky we were to have him in Philadelphia. It was the disaster of Kelly that brought us Carson Wentz, Doug Pederson and Joe Douglas. The chasm that Kelly created in the Linc motivated Lurie to seek "emotional intelligence" and bring in a geeky nobody QB who was a high school coach not too long ago. And I truly believe that Roseman was embarrassed and humbled by the Kelly debacle that motivated him to find a true football man to help with personnel and that Douglas is the catalyst for the football personalities on this team the article talks about.

We don't know how this story turns out, but I'm enjoying the shit out of each chapter. Trading away Kelly's mistakes to get a kid from North fucking Dakota who had only started 20 something games as a QB and who has taken the NFL by storm, adding seemingly meh players like Wiz and Long and trading for unwanted guys like Jernigan and Ajayi has given us a real page turner and no matter how this book ends, there's sure to be a sequel that should be just as entertaining.

Enjoy it you bastards, this is a best seller!

+Quote Post
Pila
post Nov 7 2017, 10:15 AM
Post #5

Eusbio

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 7 2017, 12:19 PM) *
Enjoy it you bastards, this is a best seller!

Not yet. Not yet.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Nov 7 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 7 2017, 10:15 AM) *
Not yet. Not yet.

C'mon Pila, how can you not enjoy it? This team is just fun to watch, and that is the whole point, isn't it? We may not win , or even make, the SB this year, but the core of this team is young and just getting started. I'm enjoying this team more than any birds team in the last decade, maybe longer, because Reid, as good as he was, always gave us some angst every season. Pedey might this year, but so far, he looks like he has a pretty solid grip on his team and he is helping them play lights out ball. ENJOY IT NOW!

+Quote Post
Pila
post Nov 7 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #7

Eusbio

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 7 2017, 08:11 PM) *
C'mon Pila, how can you not enjoy it? This team is just fun to watch, and that is the whole point, isn't it? We may not win , or even make, the SB this year, but the core of this team is young and just getting started. I'm enjoying this team more than any birds team in the last decade, maybe longer, because Reid, as good as he was, always gave us some angst every season. Pedey might this year, but so far, he looks like he has a pretty solid grip on his team and he is helping them play lights out ball. ENJOY IT NOW!

No, I mean - the story isn't complete yet. Not ready for a best seller yet.

Damn right, I'm enjoying it. It's unbelievably fun to watch this team.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Nov 7 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 7 2017, 02:48 PM) *
No, I mean - the story isn't complete yet. Not ready for a best seller yet.

Damn right, I'm enjoying it. It's unbelievably fun to watch this team.

OK, I thought you were one of those guys who say they want to stay 'grounded,' fuck that this year! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Pila
post Nov 7 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #9

Eusbio

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 7 2017, 09:46 PM) *
OK, I thought you were one of those guys who say they want to stay 'grounded,' fuck that this year! cool.gif

Yeah, fuck that shit.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 08:58 PM