IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> It was only Denver
Pila
post Nov 6 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Eusébio

Group: Members

QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 6 2017, 05:19 PM) *
Isn't it the primary function of the HC to be the "glue"? When you slap a bunch of pieces together and find a way to make it work, the HC deserves the credit.

Precisely correct. When that "synergy" fails, the coach gets the brunt of the blame - and rightfully so. So, when it works, it is primarily because of good coaching, and credit is similarly duly deserved. Tactically, he's the guy (for the offense, anyway). His design of the offense and strtegic game plans and play-calling have been that of spectacular work. So it's not like he's just been delivering in the rah-rah dept.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Zero
post Nov 6 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 6 2017, 12:25 PM) *
Precisely correct. When that "synergy" fails, the coach gets the brunt of the blame - and rightfully so. So, when it works, it is primarily because of good coaching, and credit is similarly duly deserved. Tactically, he's the guy (for the offense, anyway). His design of the offense and strtegic game plans and play-calling have been that of spectacular work. So it's not like he's just been delivering in the rah-rah dept.

Exactly. Roseman did do an amazing job assembling the players, but many of them had question marks for a reason, and not every coach would be capable of getting the production out of them that Pederson has. I'm not dissing Schwartz, but Pederson apparently was either smart enough or confident enough to step aside and let him do his thing without interfering. Again, not all coaches would do that ... Kelly didn't.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Nov 6 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Eusébio

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 6 2017, 06:09 PM) *
Exactly. Roseman did do an amazing job assembling the players, but many of them had question marks for a reason, and not every coach would be capable of getting the production out of them that Pederson has. I'm not dissing Schwartz, but Pederson apparently was either smart enough or confident enough to step aside and let him do his thing without interfering. Again, not all coaches would do that ... Kelly didn't.

I wish it was this weekend. Not sure the week off actually will work in our favor. They came out a bit rusty on their 10-day, mini bye from their last Thursday night game.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Birdman420
post Nov 6 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 6 2017, 01:09 PM) *

Exactly! To not credit pedey for our teams overall success is nuts! The man has the right amount of everything needed to keep the team in sync and ready to play every week. I honestly don't know what his coaching style is, I haven't seen his training camps and I haven't heard of any good articles about what he does differently.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 11:35 PM