IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> You make the call on our RBs
Joegrane
post Nov 6 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

One reporter said Barner was on the field for the 1st play so officially was the starter.

The distribution will depend somewhat on what is happening in the game. Blount will get more in short yardage and when trying to eat clock.

Blount won't get as many carries in a game where the Eagles have to come from behind and needs better blitz pickup.

We don't know how quickly Ajayi will learn the offense but I bet he'll get at least 12 carries.

I bet they will respect Blount by giving him more than Clement and Smallwood.

Smallwood seems quickest to the hole but he can't stay healthy. I bet he is the only other Eagles RB who would have scored on Ajayi's TD run. Smallwood has the best straight line speed among them, no? 4.47 in 40 https://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/memb...-west-virginia/

I had assumed they'd keep Smallwood active for that outside speed for change of pace. I thought they might even release Clement and hope to stash him on the Practice Squad until next year. However, after scoring 3 TDs in one game and that beautiful TD catch on Monday night football that's not going to happen.

With all of his injuries, might Smallwood make it through waivers? I still think he has a chance to get a little bulkier and hopefully more resilient to injury with time and sports science. I would not want to give up too soon on a guy with 4.47 speed, who is quick to the hole and who has good hands. He'll never be a starter but can become a solid #2 or #3

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 6 2017, 03:30 AM) *
We had five RBs on the active roster yesterday. Barner was STs only, the other four RBs all got carries.

For the DAL game in two weeks, how many do you keep on the active roster, and, assuming 30 rushing attempts in that game, divide those carries among those RBs.

Here's my plan:

I only suit up four of the five RBs and I deactivate Smallwood. We had only one backup OT for yesterday's game while activating 5 RBs. I don't know why he has been the odd man out, but given the performance of others, he is my odd man out. Barner is STs only for me. My allocation of 30 carries:

Ajayi. 15
Blount 8
Clement 7

I just think that having 22 of the 30 carries in the hands of "quick to the hole" style RB will result in the most productive performance.

A good problem to have.

Anyone?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 01:58 PM