IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Who's surprised?, Mid season W-L predictions
CT_Eagle
post Nov 4 2017, 07:53 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

I am.

I figured around 8-8.

However, I am not counting those chickens yet. I still remember the collapse 1994.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Birdwatcher
post Nov 4 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Nov 4 2017, 08:53 AM) *
I am.

I figured around 8-8.

However, I am not counting those chickens yet. I still remember the collapse 1994.

Funny you should mention 1994, because I was thinking the same thing until I heard something Didinger said on a recent post game show. It was Kotite's last year and Lurie's first, and after they reached 7-2 Ray said he went back to the office (he was still writing for the Daily News then) to write his article. Another reporter came up to him and said something like, 'How about them Eagles...7-2!' To that Didinger answered, "Yeah, but they won't win another game." He then went on to say that the team never felt legitimate and he rightfully suspected they would falter down the stretch. Then he says that this team looks nothing like that team, that the way they are playing and winning in every phase of the game speaks of a team getting better, not one like '94 that felt like it was about to unravel, which it did.

On that note 4-4 in the last 8 leaves us at 11-5, so barring any further major injuries, I would think that is the worst we will end up and 5-3 seems highly probable too.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 10:06 AM