IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Tuesday: NFL Trade Deadline
Joegrane
post Oct 30 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Any interest in mortgaging the future for an OT?

Most of you will remember Todd Herremans, a starting OG who was the Eagles' 1st backup OT. Someone like Todd H would be perfect for the Eagles' current situation. He would eventually start this year, maybe at Rt OT, maybe at L OG if Big V ups his game. Then next year the Eagles could use him at OT or OG depending on Peters' availability. Some think JP won't be ready by the start of next year.

ESPN suggests that the Bills have excess talent at OT. The Eagles have done deals with the Bills but might not have the picks to get the deal done.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/pa...gets-every-team

Based on this description of the Bills' OTs I don't know how the Eagles don't end up with at least one of them, probably not the high priced starter.
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/10...el-henderson-bu

I'd prefer a deal that includes Big V. I don't dislike him as the #1 backup OT. Maybe in the future he develops into an adequate starter. Of course he is cheap so has some value.

The Eagles don't have much cap space according to this article. That is one reason trading Big V would be preferable to me. I don't know if they will gain additional cap space by cutting one of their DBs, for example, C Graham. That assumes Darby is ready to play and S Jones is projected to be ready for the final third of the season.
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...uesday-deadline

Chemistry is special and this Eagles team seems to have it. If I were Howie, I'd be trying to do a deal even one that mortgages the future. The top of the NFC seems weak this year, especially if Rodgers-less Packers can't get into the playoffs.

Unfortunately if the Eagles suffer additional injuries this year and miss the opportunity for a deep run, the trade might keep them from doing so in the near future.

We would not be having this discussion if the Eagles did not have to trade D Kelly last year for DGB. Kelly is listed as the Titans' first backup OT.

A backup LB might be interesting; however, due to the presence of Kendricks, they don't have to mortgage the future for a starting LB.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Oct 30 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #2

Token Axis Member

I wouldn't trade any player from this team.

I would give up one of our 4ths next year or a 3rd in 2019.

That type of investment should get us a top tier backup at either LB or OT.

You pine for the days of Kelly?

He sucked.

So did Tobin.

I wonder what if we could get Barbre back for that conditional 7th round pick in 2019?

Remember how stupid I said that Barbre trade was?

It looks real dumb now.

Make the GM of DEN a hero, sweeten the deal we took, give him a non conditional 6th round pick for Barbre and call it a day.

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Oct 30 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

I don't know what we'll do but I feel like Howie will do something

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 30 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

I think the Eagles have to get at least another half decent backup OT. They still have the bye week to develop the guy.

What happens if Big V or L Johnson gets dinged up? I Seumalo could not do a decent job at OG, how is he going to be more than a turnstile at OT? I can't imagine T Hart is ready to play OT.

I agree, Tobin was awful.

My recollection of D Kelly is that he was somewhat bigger and better than Big V, and he could also play OG.

If Warmack develops into an above average OG they won't look dumb for moving Barbre. They were given an opportunity to try to redevelop a guy with 1st round physical talent.

Do you think Barbre is as good as Todd Herremans was at OT? If not, using a 4th round pick or lower to get get a real backup OT in a trade should work out better.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 30 2017, 07:41 PM) *
I wouldn't trade any player from this team.

I would give up one of our 4ths next year or a 3rd in 2019.

That type of investment should get us a top tier backup at either LB or OT.

You pine for the days of Kelly?

He sucked.

So did Tobin.

I wonder what if we could get Barbre back for that conditional 7th round pick in 2019?

Remember how stupid I said that Barbre trade was?

It looks real dumb now.

Make the GM of DEN a hero, sweeten the deal we took, give him a non conditional 6th round pick for Barbre and call it a day.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 31 2017, 05:16 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Apparently, they're calling around like crazy to make a deal. This shows me they're all in this season. And why shouldn't they be? At the halfway mark, they have the best record in the NFL and there isn't a team out there everyone says is THE team to beat. This is a season where, if you make the playoffs, you have a shot at winning it all.

It's way too early to be thinking SB for me--as a fan--but I agree with the front office thinking this with the way the season is going.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 10:38 PM