IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> And how about that Jeffery TD, as long as we're on the "J's"
Rick
post Oct 30 2017, 04:49 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Exactly. I was saying the same thing...about damn time!

I can envision them signing Jeffrey to a longer-term contract and letting Smith go. Smith has been invisible since those first few games where he got open and Wentz missed him. Hollins has turned into that deep threat.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Joegrane
post Oct 30 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

I agree with you. Jeffrey won't get a mega deal based on this year's performance. He has not been beating #1 CBs. However, it would be good to have him back.

The emergence of Agholor and Hollins should allow them to not retain Smith and his $5mil cap hit. There is no dead$ if he is cut. I assume NA and Hollins will rotate at #2 WR in two WR sets with B Gibson and M Johnson in the mix. I assume NA will remain the primary slot WR.

They'll need cap $ to resign Jernigan, Bradham and a list of other players who are regular contributors--D Sproles?, P Robinson?, C Graham?, T Burton, C Warmack?, N Goode, J Watkins, B Allen, D McDougle?, etc.
https://overthecap.com/free-agency/philadelphia-eagles/

They may want to extend N Agholor and Hicks, however, there are also reasons to take a wait and see approach with both of them. I bet they don't extend Agholor because the two sides won't be able to agree to terms. NA won't want to settle for #3$ but he has not proven to be an effective #2.

After next year they'll take a huge cap hit when extending CW. Other notable FAs are B Graham, R Darby, N Agholor and Hicks.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 30 2017, 04:49 AM) *
Exactly. I was saying the same thing...about damn time!

I can envision them signing Jeffrey to a longer-term contract and letting Smith go. Smith has been invisible since those first few games where he got open and Wentz missed him. Hollins has turned into that deep threat.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 30 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 30 2017, 12:36 PM) *
After next year they'll take a huge cap hit when extending CW. Other notable FAs are B Graham, R Darby, N Agholor and Hicks.

I believe Hicks is under contract for next season? Unfortunately, with his latest injury, it just cost him a boatload of money. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 30 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Yes but that is Hick's rookie contract. The Eagles would normally want to extend a young starter, especially the QB of the D. I think they will try to do so even with his injury history but that history might cause difficulty assessing value.

It is my hope that the Eagles will trade down in this coming draft, select a feature RB in the 2nd round and a LB in the 3rd. However, according to one draft site, options for a West Coast compatible feature RB in the 2nd round seem slim.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 30 2017, 03:24 PM) *
I believe Hicks is under contract for next season? Unfortunately, with his latest injury, it just cost him a boatload of money. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 31 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 30 2017, 05:19 PM) *
Yes but that is Hick's rookie contract. The Eagles would normally want to extend a young starter, especially the QB of the D. I think they will try to do so even with his injury history but that history might cause difficulty assessing value.

It is my hope that the Eagles will trade down in this coming draft, select a feature RB in the 2nd round and a LB in the 3rd. However, according to one draft site, options for a West Coast compatible feature RB in the 2nd round seem slim.

I know, my point is, they don't have to do anything with his contract until after next season. I don't think they should given his injury history. Yes, they'd be rolling the dice but, if I'm Hicks--and I believe I'm coming back strong--I don't want to extend until I can prove I'm an elite LB and can stay healthy. It's in the best interest of both sides to sit and wait.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 08:15 PM