IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> And how about that Jeffery TD, as long as we're on the "J's"
Zero
post Oct 30 2017, 04:23 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

I've been disappointed with Jeffery. Not that he's been playing bad, but he hasn't been what I envisioned. He's just been "a guy." Wentz has missed some to him and he's dropped a few. I hope it's been a matter of the two just getting in sync, because that catch was a thing of beauty. THAT'S what I expected when he was signed... win a contested catch and break tackles to score! We'll need that in the second half.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 30 2017, 04:49 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Exactly. I was saying the same thing...about damn time!

I can envision them signing Jeffrey to a longer-term contract and letting Smith go. Smith has been invisible since those first few games where he got open and Wentz missed him. Hollins has turned into that deep threat.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 30 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

I agree with you. Jeffrey won't get a mega deal based on this year's performance. He has not been beating #1 CBs. However, it would be good to have him back.

The emergence of Agholor and Hollins should allow them to not retain Smith and his $5mil cap hit. There is no dead$ if he is cut. I assume NA and Hollins will rotate at #2 WR in two WR sets with B Gibson and M Johnson in the mix. I assume NA will remain the primary slot WR.

They'll need cap $ to resign Jernigan, Bradham and a list of other players who are regular contributors--D Sproles?, P Robinson?, C Graham?, T Burton, C Warmack?, N Goode, J Watkins, B Allen, D McDougle?, etc.
https://overthecap.com/free-agency/philadelphia-eagles/

They may want to extend N Agholor and Hicks, however, there are also reasons to take a wait and see approach with both of them. I bet they don't extend Agholor because the two sides won't be able to agree to terms. NA won't want to settle for #3$ but he has not proven to be an effective #2.

After next year they'll take a huge cap hit when extending CW. Other notable FAs are B Graham, R Darby, N Agholor and Hicks.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 30 2017, 04:49 AM) *
Exactly. I was saying the same thing...about damn time!

I can envision them signing Jeffrey to a longer-term contract and letting Smith go. Smith has been invisible since those first few games where he got open and Wentz missed him. Hollins has turned into that deep threat.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 30 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #4

Keeper Of The Truth

I am somewhat confused. I don't think Jeffries has a loot of drops. Most of his "drops" have been contested catches which many seem to think are automatic catches for him. His lack of spectacular catches should not be conflated with drops. It seems the comfort level is increasing for both. He will never beat guys cold, that was never his game. What he does do is open up coverages for other guys.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 30 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 30 2017, 12:36 PM) *
After next year they'll take a huge cap hit when extending CW. Other notable FAs are B Graham, R Darby, N Agholor and Hicks.

I believe Hicks is under contract for next season? Unfortunately, with his latest injury, it just cost him a boatload of money. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 30 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 30 2017, 01:59 PM) *
I am somewhat confused. I don't think Jeffries has a loot of drops. Most of his "drops" have been contested catches which many seem to think are automatic catches for him. His lack of spectacular catches should not be conflated with drops. It seems the comfort level is increasing for both. He will never beat guys cold, that was never his game. What he does do is open up coverages for other guys.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not good. He hasn't done the things he was doing in Chicago...yet. I think most of us believe he will (eventually) develop that chemistry with Wentz and all will be well.

He's been good but not great. But he shows he has the possibility of being great.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 30 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

I don't think Jeffrey will ever be great because he'll never have elite speed or quickness.

I think the chemistry with Wentz can improve such that the back shoulder throws will work better. Maybe CW never played with a big physical outside receiver.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 30 2017, 03:25 PM) *
I don't think anyone is saying he's not good. He hasn't done the things he was doing in Chicago...yet. I think most of us believe he will (eventually) develop that chemistry with Wentz and all will be well.

He's been good but not great. But he shows he has the possibility of being great.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 30 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

Yes but that is Hick's rookie contract. The Eagles would normally want to extend a young starter, especially the QB of the D. I think they will try to do so even with his injury history but that history might cause difficulty assessing value.

It is my hope that the Eagles will trade down in this coming draft, select a feature RB in the 2nd round and a LB in the 3rd. However, according to one draft site, options for a West Coast compatible feature RB in the 2nd round seem slim.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 30 2017, 03:24 PM) *
I believe Hicks is under contract for next season? Unfortunately, with his latest injury, it just cost him a boatload of money. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Phits
post Oct 30 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

It's quite possible that AJ was intended as an insurance policy. With NA and Ertz playing as good as they have the need for AJ to be "great" has been diminished.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 30 2017, 04:25 PM) *

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 30 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #10

Eusébio

Is this interest in Megatron real?

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 30 2017, 07:26 PM
Post #11

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 30 2017, 08:18 PM) *
Is this interest in Megatron real?

Apparently not. I heard the both the Eagles and the Lions denied it.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Oct 31 2017, 01:55 AM
Post #12

Village Idiot

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 31 2017, 05:25 AM) *

He also played opposite of Marshall in Chicago. I think his numbers will improve as the season goes on, getting comfortable with Carson. Also, I've been reading about how he's been drawing a safety and opening up Ertz and NAF.

--------------------
"If you listen to the fans, you'll end up sitting with them."

-Joe Kuharich

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Oct 31 2017, 04:57 AM
Post #13

Token Axis Member

With so many opposing LB blitzing and up by the line of scrimmage, I am surprised how little we have AJ and Smith run shallow slant routes to make D pay for the blitz.

Also, even though he has nine yard cushions many times, they don't throw the five yard hitch to Smith.

I was at the game Sunday and paid attention to their DB alignment and these patterns were available most of the day.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 31 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 30 2017, 05:19 PM) *
Yes but that is Hick's rookie contract. The Eagles would normally want to extend a young starter, especially the QB of the D. I think they will try to do so even with his injury history but that history might cause difficulty assessing value.

It is my hope that the Eagles will trade down in this coming draft, select a feature RB in the 2nd round and a LB in the 3rd. However, according to one draft site, options for a West Coast compatible feature RB in the 2nd round seem slim.

I know, my point is, they don't have to do anything with his contract until after next season. I don't think they should given his injury history. Yes, they'd be rolling the dice but, if I'm Hicks--and I believe I'm coming back strong--I don't want to extend until I can prove I'm an elite LB and can stay healthy. It's in the best interest of both sides to sit and wait.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 31 2017, 05:14 AM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 31 2017, 05:57 AM) *
With so many opposing LB blitzing and up by the line of scrimmage, I am surprised how little we have AJ and Smith run shallow slant routes to make D pay for the blitz.

Also, even though he has nine yard cushions many times, they don't throw the five yard hitch to Smith.

I was at the game Sunday and paid attention to their DB alignment and these patterns were available most of the day.

Been thinking the same thing. We ran a handful of slants early in the season--and they were successful. Not sure why they're not checking this at the line when they see this alignment.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 31 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #16

Hall of Famer

I expect to see more anti-blitz routes and shorter routes now that JP is gone. I expect this offense to be less dynamic in the second half due to the loss of JP--not as much power running and less dynamic passing game. Wentz's numbers will come back to earth.

This week facing a very good D will be an interesting test. I fear the Broncos will give other teams ideas about how to slow down the Eagles' O. The Eagles' streak of 20+ points might be in jeopardy without some help from the D or STs.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 31 2017, 04:57 AM) *

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 31 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #17

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 31 2017, 01:57 PM) *
I expect to see more anti-blitz routes and shorter routes now that JP is gone. I expect this offense to be less dynamic in the second half due to the loss of JP--not as much power running and less dynamic passing game. Wentz's numbers will come back to earth.

This week facing a very good D will be an interesting test. I fear the Broncos will give other teams ideas about how to slow down the Eagles' O. The Eagles' streak of 20+ points might be in jeopardy without some help from the D or STs.

and yet they just traded for another power runner.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 31 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #18

Hall of Famer

Ajayi has more ability to run wide than Blount and is better as a receiver. Granted neither of those is his game, but the Eagles have improved. He's also better in blitz pickup, not great, but better than what we have. If his knee and head hold up it will mean the Eagles won't have to use their 1st round pick on a RB. He will also still be cheap next year. They could use their 1st round pick on an OT if they think JP is not going to be able to contribute much in 2018.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 31 2017, 02:25 PM) *
and yet they just traded for another power runner.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 31 2017, 01:57 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 07:10 PM