IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Eagles bring back Taylor Hart
CT_Eagle
post Oct 25 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Looks like he will provide depth and Vitaa will be the starter.

Taylor Hart
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 25 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

I assume Hart will be inactive most weeks. The frightening thing is that Seumalo is supposedly the next OT. I can't imagine him holding up at L OT.

A caller on the radio asked about trading for a veteran OT. With the upcoming bye week, it is not crazy but mid year trades are rare.

Would you mortgage the future to do it?

For example, would you trade 1st and 4th round picks to get a team's 2nd round pick and starting OT who is on the last year of his contract? Essentially you might be giving up the value of a high 3rd round pick depending on the team's draft slot.

You'd have to be dealing with one of the rebuilding cellar dwelling teams who is at risk of loosing a soon-to-be FA OT.

Would you do a deal that included Big V?

One factor stands out. This year you won't have to beat A. Rodgers!

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 25 2017, 07:12 PM) *
Looks like he will provide depth and Vitaa will be the starter.

Taylor Hart

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Oct 25 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Token Axis Member

How bout signing recently cut B. Alpert?

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 25 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Why would a 32 yr old who made the Pro Bowl in 2015 want to "retire?" Is he a head case? He was traded for a 7th rounder?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000082...er-nine-seasons

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2017, 09:42 PM) *
How bout signing recently cut B. Alpert?

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 26 2017, 06:23 AM
Post #5

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 25 2017, 10:32 PM) *
I assume Hart will be inactive most weeks. The frightening thing is that Seumalo is supposedly the next OT. I can't imagine him holding up at L OT.

A caller on the radio asked about trading for a veteran OT. With the upcoming bye week, it is not crazy but mid year trades are rare.

Would you mortgage the future to do it?

For example, would you trade 1st and 4th round picks to get a team's 2nd round pick and starting OT who is on the last year of his contract? Essentially you might be giving up the value of a high 3rd round pick depending on the team's draft slot.

You'd have to be dealing with one of the rebuilding cellar dwelling teams who is at risk of loosing a soon-to-be FA OT.

Would you do a deal that included Big V?

One factor stands out. This year you won't have to beat A. Rodgers!

If memory serves me correctly didn't Vaitai play left tackle his last 2 years at TCU? What makes you say you can't imagine him holding up at left tackle?

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 26 2017, 07:19 AM
Post #6

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 26 2017, 07:23 AM) *
If memory serves me correctly didn't Vaitai play left tackle his last 2 years at TCU? What makes you say you can't imagine him holding up at left tackle?

Big V has had a few horrible plays, mostly when he came in to replace a starter. Besides that, he seems to have been pretty solid. Now he'll get the starter reps and Wiz and the coaches will learn his strengths, weaknesses and how to adjust. He's not a top end OL right now, but there's nothing saying he can't be some day. And yes, I read that he was the LT at TCU.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 26 2017, 09:43 AM
Post #7

Eusébio

Seems like a reach, getting a guy that has never played OL before until midway through training camp. Surely there's a better option on the streets or someones practice squad, no?

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 26 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

I agree but there is no harm in signing him while you look around for someone better. The guy knows the system. That is no small matter. They also certainly know what type of guy he is as a student of the game, team mate, etc. Maybe they honestly see some upside in him.

QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 26 2017, 09:43 AM) *
Seems like a reach, getting a guy that has never played OL before until midway through training camp. Surely there's a better option on the streets or someones practice squad, no?

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 26 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

Trade for an OT, anyone interested? I'm referring to a starting caliber OT who is a veteran on the last year of his contract. For example.
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=306613

Alternatively, Mike mentioned 2015 Pro Bowler B Albert who was recently released by Jax.
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=306617

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:10 PM