IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Argument for Wentz
Zero
post Oct 25 2017, 05:07 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

You have to watch this ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Oct 25 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 25 2017, 06:07 AM) *
You have to watch this ...

That video does not even address how good he was this week, but after watching it you can see why he went off this week too. The skins played a D unlike anything in previous weeks and it took Wentz 4 drives to dissect it before he started carving them up, he is looking like a Peyton style QB with far more athleticism, and that is scary to picture.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 25 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #3

Eusébio

I fucking jizzed so hard watching that shit.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 25 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

I hope he understands that against a lesser opponent such as SF he should not be taking big hits.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 25 2017, 09:16 AM) *
That video does not even address how good he was this week, but after watching it you can see why he went off this week too. The skins played a D unlike anything in previous weeks and it took Wentz 4 drives to dissect it before he started carving them up, he is looking like a Peyton style QB with far more athleticism, and that is scary to picture.

+Quote Post
Birdman420
post Oct 25 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #5

Veteran

wow, i mean wow what a breakdown of his talent. You know after last year I thought wentz had a lot more to learn before becoming a great QB.... Boy was I wrong.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Oct 25 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

CW is very impressive. Great poise in our franchise QB. A lot of people don't like the comparison, but he reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 25 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 25 2017, 03:46 PM) *
CW is very impressive. Great poise in our franchise QB. A lot of people don't like the comparison, but he reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

I don’t see that comp at all. Frankly, this is one of those scenarios where I can’t even really think of a guy to compare him to.

His composure really jumps off the screen though. I recall it jumping off the screen in his very first preseason series.

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtop...21&hl=Wentz

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 25 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #8

Eusébio

It's hard to pin-point a single prototype because he's only beginning. He's flashed a bit of almost every great. From Elway to Steve young.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 25 2017, 06:09 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 25 2017, 05:57 PM) *
It's hard to pin-point a single prototype because he's only beginning. He's flashed a bit of almost every great. From Elway to Steve young.

Yeah. I don’t recall ever seeing a guy this big, who moved and throws like this. Ben was big but never this athletic.

His delivery is a bit unorthodox too.

At the end of the day, I think he’s uniquely himself and I’m quite okay with that.

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Oct 25 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 25 2017, 08:46 PM) *

I didn't think of it at first but read a post on another board that compared Wentz to Staubach. That is probably the best comparison I have seen so far.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Oct 25 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #11

Token Axis Member

Wow!

That is impressive.

I feel blessed.

Who is the narrator who dissects the film?

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 26 2017, 04:39 AM
Post #12

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 25 2017, 08:14 PM) *
I didn't think of it at first but read a post on another board that compared Wentz to Staubach. That is probably the best comparison I have seen so far.

If memory serves me, Roger was not as big or strong as Carson. I really can't think of anyone who reminds me of this kid. And to think he's probably just going to get better. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Oct 26 2017, 07:06 AM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 26 2017, 10:39 AM) *
If memory serves me, Roger was not as big or strong as Carson. I really can't think of anyone who reminds me of this kid. And to think he's probably just going to get better. ohmy.gif

Roger was about 6'2 or 6'3 and weighed about 200 lbs. Today those are the measurements for some CBs but back in the day, that was a good sized QB.

Staubach was known for his calm under pressure, ability to read a defense, elusiveness and ability to make big plays. All the things that are being said about Carson Wentz.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Oct 26 2017, 09:20 AM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 26 2017, 08:06 AM) *
Roger was about 6'2 or 6'3 and weighed about 200 lbs. Today those are the measurements for some CBs but back in the day, that was a good sized QB.

Staubach was known for his calm under pressure, ability to read a defense, elusiveness and ability to make big plays. All the things that are being said about Carson Wentz.

Yep, sounds like Favre. Wentz is even a good ol' boy who likes the woods, hunting and beer. Hopefully, he learns to avoid the big hits so he could avoid the painkiller addiction.

Wentz has a similar level of football confidence that could easily be mistaken for arrogance or carelessness. He's willing to sling the ball because he is confident he can make every throw ie: off one foot and off-balanced.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 26 2017, 09:22 AM
Post #15

Eusébio

QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 26 2017, 02:20 PM) *
Yep, sounds like Favre. Wentz is even a good ol' boy who likes the woods, hunting and beer. Hopefully, he learns to avoid the big hits so he could avoid the painkiller addiction.

Favre was a bit of an asshole. Wentz, thus far, appears to carry himself much differently. At least from my proxemics as a fan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phits
post Oct 26 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #16

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 26 2017, 10:22 AM) *
Favre was a bit of an asshole. Wentz, thus far, appears to carry himself much differently. At least from my proxemics as a fan.

I suppose perspective is everything. Favre's descended into "asshole" territory. He wasn't always that way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 26 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #17

Eusébio

QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 26 2017, 02:27 PM) *
I suppose perspective is everything. Favre's descended into "asshole" territory. He wasn't always that way.

Yeah, I wouldn't really know.

Being as honest as I can, I'm not a great admirer of his skill set as a whole either. I thought he took that whole gunslinger mantra to reckless levels, especially later in his career. That to me was just an euphemism for poor decision making. I'm betting Wentz avoids falling into that kind of tactical arrogance.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 08:55 PM