IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- Zero   Pederson deserves a lot of credit   Oct 24 2017, 05:36 AM
- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 06:36 AM) On a...   Oct 24 2017, 09:54 AM
- - Pila   Pedey showed he had a firm grasp on how to coach a...   Oct 24 2017, 10:02 AM
- - CT_Eagle   Pederson has done a good job since week 3. It is...   Oct 24 2017, 10:03 AM
- - Joegrane   QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 05:36 AM) The ...   Oct 24 2017, 10:31 AM
- - The Franchise   QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 06:36 AM) On a...   Oct 24 2017, 12:50 PM
|- - Joegrane   If you are not confident a guy is not going to whi...   Oct 24 2017, 01:51 PM
|- - CT_Eagle   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 24 2017, 06:51 PM) ...   Oct 24 2017, 01:53 PM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 24 2017, 02:53 PM) ...   Oct 24 2017, 04:11 PM
|- - The Franchise   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 24 2017, 05:11 P...   Oct 24 2017, 04:59 PM
|- - Joegrane   I just heard Brian' Baldinger say J. Peters ha...   Oct 25 2017, 12:24 AM
|- - Joegrane   This is the Baldinger audio discussing J Peters, e...   Oct 25 2017, 09:21 AM
- - mcnabbulous   According to PFF and basically every talking head,...   Oct 24 2017, 04:22 PM
- - mcnabbulous   This board tells me that OT is one of the most imp...   Oct 25 2017, 09:39 AM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2017, 10:39 A...   Oct 25 2017, 09:52 AM
|- - mcnabbulous   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2017, 09:52 A...   Oct 25 2017, 09:55 AM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2017, 10:55 A...   Oct 25 2017, 11:32 AM
|- - Pila   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2017, 05:32 P...   Oct 25 2017, 11:57 AM
|- - mcnabbulous   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2017, 11:32 A...   Oct 25 2017, 12:08 PM
- - Pila   I'm starting a Vaitai bandwagon right now. I...   Oct 25 2017, 09:48 AM
> Pederson deserves a lot of credit
Zero
post Oct 24 2017, 05:36 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

The team started of road kill. First three plays penalties? But they found a way to settle down and get back in the game and then take over the Skins even with some serious injuries. The players did it but the coach prepared them to do it. Great win!

On another note, I know I'll get beat up for this but in true Philly phan phasion Blount pisses me off sometimes. If he's a 250 lb hammer like Grudog kept calling him, stop dancing at the LOS and pound the defense!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 24 2017, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 06:36 AM) *
On another note, I know I'll get beat up for this but in true Philly phan phasion Blount pisses me off sometimes. If he's a 250 lb hammer like Grudog kept calling him, stop dancing at the LOS and pound the defense!

For the record much of that dancing was trying to avoid the defenders who were bursting through the line....he got very little looks where he could hit a hole and far too many where contact was almost immediate after getting the ball.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 24 2017, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Eusébio

Pedey showed he had a firm grasp on how to coach a team last year. He has this team executing at levels not seen since 2004.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Oct 24 2017, 10:03 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Pederson has done a good job since week 3.

It is only his second full season so I approached this season with a wait and see attitude. I was not impressed after weeks 1 and 2. Since then, he has taken a much better approach regarding his run\pass ratio which was my biggest concern. I also think he has this team's ear. They appear to be ready to play week in and week out. Another good characteristic, he does not seem to get flustered on the sideline. He never gets emotionally too high or low. Players need to see that out of their coach. It also gives more meaning to any outbursts he may have in the future. If you see him losing his shit on the sideline you know that it is warranted and not just simply a case of "Pederson going off again." Very good leadership qualities.

Blount's dancing is a minor quibble with me. He has been in the league a long time. He is who he is. The Eagles are using him wisely. I do not think he can be an every down back but he is effective in short yardage and as a clock killer. He has made some good runs this year after sidestepping a defender or two. I love watching him maul people but I will take the yards in any manner he provides them.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 24 2017, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 05:36 AM) *
The team started of road kill....

I feared that could happen to more than just the first few possessions. The Skins were desperate for a W to stay relevant in the NFC East. The Eagles could be "feeling themselves" a bit after the big win at Carolina.

Maybe the Skins' man-defense in the secondary surprised the Eagles. The Skins were so depleted there. Maybe the Eagles coaches expected a lot of zone to protect the Skins' banged up secondary and give them some rest. Therefore the Eagles' scripted plays for the first drive or two were not appropriate for the D they were facing.

This is a good day to celebrate a big W. However after the noon coach's conference we may be in more of a state of mourning. We could be facing the loss of both Peters and Hicks for the season and the loss of CB P Robinson for the short term.

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 05:36 AM) *
...First three plays penalties? But they found a way to settle down and get back in the game and then take over the Skins even with some serious injuries. The players did it but the coach prepared them to do it. Great win!

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Oct 24 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 06:36 AM) *

He's done a fine job overall, the Skins plugged the run and dared Wentz to beat them - he did.

If there's one beef I could make, it's that there is still absolutely no creativity for how they use Blount. Most of his runs everyone in the stadium knows it's going to him. Mix it up.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 24 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

If you are not confident a guy is not going to whiff on blitz pickup you tend to give the ball to him.

The loss of Peters will likely be the end to the running game with Blount. Pedey will go back to a West Coast scheme.

Big V seems okay as a pass blocker but he is not going to replace Peters in the running game. I would not be surprised to see him stay on the left side. It will allow the combo of Brooks and L Johnson to be a threat in the running game on the right side.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 24 2017, 12:50 PM) *
He's done a fine job overall, the Skins plugged the run and dared Wentz to beat them - he did.

If there's one beef I could make, it's that there is still absolutely no creativity for how they use Blount. Most of his runs everyone in the stadium knows it's going to him. Mix it up.

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Oct 24 2017, 01:53 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 24 2017, 06:51 PM) *
The loss of Peters will likely be the end to the running game with Blount. Pedey will go back to a West Coast scheme.

I hope you are way off on this.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 24 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #9

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 24 2017, 02:53 PM) *
I hope you are way off on this.

No worries...he is...it is a silly suggestion. I love Peters but while he was not terrible this year he was not the same super stud he used to be. There may be a decline but it will not be a fall off the cliff and certainly not a complete change in philosophy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 24 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

According to PFF and basically every talking head, he’s been the best tackle in football this year.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Oct 24 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 24 2017, 05:11 PM) *
No worries...he is...it is a silly suggestion. I love Peters but while he was not terrible this year he was not the same super stud he used to be. There may be a decline but it will not be a fall off the cliff and certainly not a complete change in philosophy.

Agreed, we'll miss Peters but the whole unit is performing, as long as Vaitai doesn't act as a turnstile we should be ok.

Remember when PFF told us Blount was getting cut to make room for Marshall and Pumphrey? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 25 2017, 12:24 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

I just heard Brian' Baldinger say J. Peters had returned to his 2013 form as the best run blocking 0 Line man in football.

Big V. will be ok In pass protection but we will see a difference in the running game.

Remember what pedey did vs KC when they could not create holes for Blount, He used sproles as a RB since he could make something out of nothing.

you may not see much of a difference vs teams with less talented front sevens.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 24 2017, 04:11 PM) *

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 25 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

This is the Baldinger audio discussing J Peters, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqtKmKZXPY...bs_digest-vrecs

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 25 2017, 12:24 AM) *
I just heard Brian' Baldinger say J. Peters had returned to his 2013 form as the best run blocking 0 Line man in football.

Big V. will be ok In pass protection but we will see a difference in the running game.

Remember what pedey did vs KC when they could not create holes for Blount, He used sproles as a RB since he could make something out of nothing.

you may not see much of a difference vs teams with less talented front sevens.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 25 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

This board tells me that OT is one of the most important positions in football, worthy of top-5 picks and huge money. Then we lose arguably the best one in football, to be replaced with Halapoulivaati Vaitai...and it's no big deal.

Love this place.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 25 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #15

Eusébio

I'm starting a Vaitai bandwagon right now. I'm riding my delusions until they're shattered.

Who wants a seat?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 25 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #16

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2017, 10:39 AM) *
This board tells me that OT is one of the most important positions in football, worthy of top-5 picks and huge money. Then we lose arguably the best one in football, to be replaced with Halapoulivaati Vaitai...and it's no big deal.

Love this place.

I guess we are all dummies. In the first game of the season Peters went down at the end of the first half..the Eagles were up 2 at half yet somehow managed to decline forfeiting the game in the face of Peters missing the 2nd half and actually scored 14 more points and win the game. In the rematch Peters again goes down with 14 minutes left in the 2nd half and the Eagles winning 17-10. Stunningly the Eagles elect to again forego forfeit and score another 17 points (should have been 20) against a team that threw out all the stops against them due to the importance of the game.

No one is saying that Peters was not good, merely that the drop off will not be as monumental as some suggest. They certainly will not suddenly abandon their offensive philosophy. I think it is a great idea that they are not moving Johnson over. The untold story is how much Peters has taken Vaitai under his wing. This is truly a close team.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 25 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #17

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2017, 09:52 AM) *
No one is saying that Peters was not good, merely that the drop off will not be as monumental as some suggest.

I guess we'll see about that. But I'll also point out that I've gotten loads of shit, namely from you, for suggesting that the drop-off from great to acceptable OT play isn't great enough to warrant the resources that are spent on them.

So I'm glad you're coming around.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 25 2017, 11:32 AM
Post #18

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2017, 10:55 AM) *
I guess we'll see about that. But I'll also point out that I've gotten loads of shit, namely from you, for suggesting that the drop-off from great to acceptable OT play isn't great enough to warrant the resources that are spent on them.

So I'm glad you're coming around.

I do not recall giving you shit for it because I feel the same way. If I did then I was wrong. While there are some terrible OTs out there the difference between elite and serviceable is not the same as at other positions. Their importance lies in protecting the blind side for right handed QBs. Vaitai has seemed to be good from the start with some limited growing pains. He may not be the elite tackle that Peters was ever but I think he will be decent. My point was that there is no chance that they raise the white flag and change their offense completely. Blount won't be shelved. That was something I found ridiculous, the suggestion that a team would suddenly change their offensive philosophy because they lost one lineman.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 25 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #19

Eusébio

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2017, 05:32 PM) *
I do not recall giving you shit for it because I feel the same way. If I did then I was wrong. While there are some terrible OTs out there the difference between elite and serviceable is not the same as at other positions. Their importance lies in protecting the blind side for right handed QBs. Vaitai has seemed to be good from the start with some limited growing pains. He may not be the elite tackle that Peters was ever but I think he will be decent. My point was that there is no chance that they raise the white flag and change their offense completely. Blount won't be shelved. That was something I found ridiculous, the suggestion that a team would suddenly change their offensive philosophy because they lost one lineman.

I agree. What I think Pedey's done so far is he's given a player the benefit of the doubt and doesn't really change things until they merit the change by way of how the experience plays out. So to your point, I don't think they'll change much in the scheme until Vaitai demonstrates the necessity to do so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 25 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #20

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2017, 11:32 AM) *

Your point was largely that because NFL GM's highly value and pay for LTs, I was basically an idiot for disagreeing with that worthwhile investment.

Assuming he is decent, which I'm not yet sold on, we will be fine. But I think we run a big risk of having a young King Dunlap situation going on. And if that's the case, we're in trouble.

But my general opinion is that resources are better spent trying to find solid OL. Because the difference between superstar and solid has minimal impact on the field. The OL is about cohesion more than anything else. So as long as you roll 5 solid dudes out there, you're in good shape. It's when you have the one gaping whole that it can all go to shit. Weakest link stuff.

Sounds like we're generally on the same page there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 07:16 AM