IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Wentz is the most blitzed QB in the league, how has he handled it?
Birdwatcher
post Oct 18 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Former Eagles quarterback and TV analyst Ron Jaworski tweeted Tuesday that based on his film study, Wentz has been blitzed on a league-high 39.3 percent of his dropbacks, and has thrown for five touchdowns and no interceptions in those situations.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 18 2017, 04:31 AM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Which is probably part of the reason Bovada gives him the best odds of being the MVP. Wentz has the athleticism and the talent, but his brain, work ethic and hunger to improve are what's fueling his improvement.

+Quote Post
GroundedBird
post Oct 18 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Veteran

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 18 2017, 01:31 AM) *
Former Eagles quarterback and TV analyst Ron Jaworski tweeted Tuesday that based on his film study, Wentz has been blitzed on a league-high 39.3 percent of his dropbacks, and has thrown for five touchdowns and no interceptions in those situations.

Thanks for the information. Interesting stat, but what I want to know is the number of completions under pressure and the number of converted first downs. Did he cite that? If not, how can we find that out?

Why is this important?

for example, taking it to the absurd, if he had 400 attempts and was blitzed on 160 of them and only made 5 completions (all for touchdowns) then he missed on 155, indicating that he should continue to be blitzed. (I know that isn't the case, just saying that touchdowns are only part of the analysis.)

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 18 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

I recall seeing stats about the Carolina game. He was less effective when blitzed in that game.

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 18 2017, 12:46 PM) *
Thanks for the information. Interesting stat, but what I want to know is the number of completions under pressure and the number of converted first downs. Did he cite that? If not, how can we find that out?

Why is this important?

for example, taking it to the absurd, if he had 400 attempts and was blitzed on 160 of them and only made 5 completions (all for touchdowns) then he missed on 155, indicating that he should continue to be blitzed. (I know that isn't the case, just saying that touchdowns are only part of the analysis.)

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Oct 18 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

I hope they keep it up.

I have little doubt that Wentz learns a little every time he sees a blitz. Each blitz makes him a little better. The Eagles should be thanking the opposition for this valuable on the job training.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Oct 18 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 18 2017, 01:46 PM) *

Why is this important?

Considering he has a passer rating of 130 on third down, and that is the most often blitzed down, I would think he is doing pretty good overall. He is also throwing for over 10 yards per attempt on 3rd, another indicator of how well he plays in that situation.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 18 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

Recall all the talk last year about dink and dunk passing by CW.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 18 2017, 02:05 PM) *
Considering he has a passer rating of 130 on third down, and that is the most often blitzed down, I would think he is doing pretty good overall. He is also throwing for over 10 yards per attempt on 3rd, another indicator of how well he plays in that situation.

+Quote Post
GroundedBird
post Oct 19 2017, 09:07 AM
Post #8

Veteran

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 18 2017, 03:05 PM) *

That's great news! Where is that published?

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Oct 19 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 19 2017, 10:07 AM) *
That's great news! Where is that published?

Philly.com...daily news...Les Bowen story

Unfortunately you now have to subscribe, and given how well this team is doing I ponied up $2 a week to get a Sunday paper delivered and have unlimited online access.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 19 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #10

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 19 2017, 01:06 PM) *
Philly.com...daily news...Les Bowen story

Unfortunately you now have to subscribe, and given how well this team is doing I ponied up $2 a week to get a Sunday paper delivered and have unlimited online access.

You can get a defined number of articles for free then you have to pay. I get it, but refuse to pay.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Oct 19 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #11

Token Axis Member

One of my biggest concern is our RBs matador impersonation on blitz pickups.

They really struggle and that's the franchise they're protecting.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 04:59 AM