IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Still kept balance, 30 passes-27 runs, and a few other things that are impressive
Birdwatcher
post Oct 13 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Last year Wentz had 16 Tds and 10 ints...in 6 games this year he is 13-3

Ertz tied his single season TD catch record last night with his 4th this year.

Algholor has 4 Tds this year, had 3 in the last two seasons. I do believe that Wentz/Ertz/Algholor are just getting started.

Eagles have scored 20+ points in ten straight games going back through last year, longest streak of 20+ point games in NFL.

We are 2-1 on the road, we only won 1 road game last year.

Last night Carolina running backs had 1 yard on 13 carries, that less that 3 INCHES per run. (Cam is an outlier, so his 71 yards don't count in my book) Still means we held them to a dismal running number overall.

Cox is a beast in the middle, BEST DT in the league no doubt

Only one RB, Kareem Hunt, has run for more that 35 yards against our D

Elliot has made 3 50+ yard field goals in three games, the legendary Akers never had three of those in a season

Blount is the only the second player in NFL history in his 30s with four straight games with at least a dozen carries and an average of 4.8 ypc

Mills and Douglass have 4 ints between them (2 a piece), so glad the mercenary CB days are over, and these two aren't even the best we have with Darby and Jones on the roster. BTW, Douglass is only the second Eagle rookie CB since Eric Allen to have two INTs in his first 5 games.

I'm sure there is more, but what I see is a team that is stacked with talent, depth, and determination.

BTW, there has never been an NFL game played where one team gets over 120 yards in penalties and the other less than 10, Morelli ought to be canned, his last four games officiating the Eagles has been so lopsided against us the league has to take a look at this ass-hat.

Gentlemen, we have a contender.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Oct 13 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Most of Wentz's runs will be called passes of course, but to me 'balance' simply means not being predictable. We certainly aren't that, and it's paying off.

I'd still like to see some two back formations to mix it up even more, and open things up even more for Blount's runs, but not much I can complain about.

Oh, and it looks like Pedey has abandoned his 33% 4th and 8's..... laugh.gif

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 13 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #3

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 13 2017, 02:01 PM) *

His analytics guy was home with a bad cold....... tongue.gif

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Oct 13 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 13 2017, 06:01 PM) *
Most of Wentz's runs will be called passes of course, but to me 'balance' simply means not being predictable. We certainly aren't that, and it's paying off.

I'd still like to see some two back formations to mix it up even more, and open things up even more for Blount's runs, but not much I can complain about.

Two back formations would be a nice wrinkle. Maybe when Smallwood returns.

I would like to see more passing plays when Blount is in a single back set. I think Pederson wants that but Blount's blitz pickup has be been sub par.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Oct 13 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 13 2017, 01:07 PM) *
His analytics guy was home with a bad cold....... tongue.gif

No, he was tied up on another project.

Should you take one guaranteed point off the board to go for 2 from the penalty aided 1 yard line?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 01:36 AM