IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Wentz's team
mcnabbulous
post Oct 5 2017, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 5 2017, 02:02 PM) *
I think he is a year or two from peaking, but the way he is handling all this already tells me that he is going to be something special.

Realistically, he’s probably closer to 3-5 years from really figuring it out. Anything we get before then is gravy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Joegrane
post Oct 5 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

The gravy is already simmering with a very nice aroma.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2017, 04:42 PM) *
Realistically, he’s probably closer to 3-5 years from really figuring it out. Anything we get before then is gravy.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Oct 9 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2017, 05:42 PM) *

Maybe 3-5 years before his consistency peaks and it becomes instinctual, but the strides he has made already this year suggest the curve is already pretty high. Last year he was one of the worst third down QBs in the league, after yesterday he may be the top 3rd down QB in the league. He is completing 70% on third down, over 500 yards, and a QB rating of 137, compared to 56 last year. To me the measure of a QB is how he plays under pressure, and 3rd down efficiency speaks to that pretty clearly. His football IQ already looks better than 5's, no knock on him, but he never seemed to reach a 60% completion rate, and Wentz seems to exceed that more often than not already.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 9 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 9 2017, 01:05 PM) *
Maybe 3-5 years before his consistency peaks and it becomes instinctual, but the strides he has made already this year suggest the curve is already pretty high. Last year he was one of the worst third down QBs in the league, after yesterday he may be the top 3rd down QB in the league. He is completing 70% on third down, over 500 yards, and a QB rating of 137, compared to 56 last year. To me the measure of a QB is how he plays under pressure, and 3rd down efficiency speaks to that pretty clearly. His football IQ already looks better than 5's, no knock on him, but he never seemed to reach a 60% completion rate, and Wentz seems to exceed that more often than not already.

Yeah, I mean I think he's going to be very good, very soon. With that said, almost every great QB (which I expect Wentz to be) really hits their stride in their late 20s. The greatest of the greats sustain that for a solid 5-7 years. Just mastering an NFL offense typically takes 4+ years. Look at Alex Smith. It seems like he has really, fully figured out Andy's this year. He looks like a different guy.

That's what we really have to look forward to, assuming it all pans out. 10-12 years of sustained excellence at the QB position.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:57 PM