IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Wentz's team
Zero
post Oct 5 2017, 06:05 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

As the team grows together and evolves, we're going to have a lot of fun watching this guy.
He somehow completed a pass to running back LeGarrette Blount in the left flat despite rolling right off play action and heaving the ball across his body. Blount, with nobody near him, wasn’t brought down until he picked up 20 yards.

“On that particular play-action pass, LeGarrette was not in the progression,” Reich said. “He’s actually going the other way. He’s there just in case the play breaks down and you have to scramble off to the left. In no way should that ball have gone to LeGarrette. That was just simply a case of a great player making a freakish play.”

Linc ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 5 2017, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

He's going to go down as the best we've ever had the pleasure of watching (in Philly). I'm not sure if it's been mentioned around here, but there have been a number of articles stating that much of our running success over the past two weeks has been a product of him checking into running plays at the line of scrimmage.

His football intellect, physical ability and innate calmness in the pocket are truly a special combination. All of this in just his second year is incredibly exciting.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 5 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #3

Eusbio

He's never looked uncomfortable. Even in his rookie season. It's genuine confidence, not the cover of boast that is often confused with it.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Oct 5 2017, 12:27 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

He looks great. Brady has lasted so long because he's always had a killer offensive line, and he doesn't take big hits because he gets rid of the ball. Those are my only worries with Wentz.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 5 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 5 2017, 12:27 PM) *
Brady has lasted so long because he's always had a killer offensive line, and he doesn't take big hits because he gets rid of the ball.

I think it's more the latter part of this statement than the former. As was the case with Manning.

Wentz will probably improve in that capacity, but he definitely has more of a Big Ben mindset as it relates to pocket presence. It's probably a product of having the mobility that the other guys lack.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Oct 5 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2017, 02:25 PM) *
I think it's more the latter part of this statement than the former. As was the case with Manning.

Wentz will probably improve in that capacity, but he definitely has more of a Big Ben mindset as it relates to pocket presence. It's probably a product of having the mobility that the other guys lack.

And that ability adds another element that D's have to respect, he can run! and we should all be thrilled that he can and does slide! How many QBs did we have from McNabb to Vick that could never do it? That simple aspect reduces the chances he gets injured, and given the way Wentz plays that is important. I think he is a year or two from peaking, but the way he is handling all this already tells me that he is going to be something special.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 5 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

I have been very impressed with how much more comfortable he looked this past game. I never thought of him as looking UNcomfortable but he looked noticeably more comfortable on Sunday. Even under pressure, he seems more calm. If they can keep him healthy and build a team around him, I think he'll be something special.

I was saying last season, if he had the OL Prescott got to play against, nobody would even remember Prescott. I believe Wentz has oodles more talent and ability than Prescott and I don't believe we've seen much of what he's capable of.

If he gets the long ball under control, he can be VERY scary to the defense. With what I've seen from him this season, I have no doubt he'll get better at it. He's shown he will work hard and improve rather than just rely on his talent. Someone with that kind of ethic and that kind of talent is what we've been waiting for....

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 5 2017, 04:42 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 5 2017, 02:02 PM) *
I think he is a year or two from peaking, but the way he is handling all this already tells me that he is going to be something special.

Realistically, he’s probably closer to 3-5 years from really figuring it out. Anything we get before then is gravy.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 5 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

The gravy is already simmering with a very nice aroma.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2017, 04:42 PM) *
Realistically, he’s probably closer to 3-5 years from really figuring it out. Anything we get before then is gravy.

+Quote Post
Bentjudges
post Oct 9 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #10

Rookie

I only come on here when were about to play you.

I see you tinpot lot are only bringing 250 lol. Are Chelsea playing or something?

--------------------
My website https://gklaw.ca/brampton-real-estate-lawyer/

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 9 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #11

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

I'm sure we're honored to have such a clever troll stop by once every few years.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Oct 9 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2017, 05:42 PM) *

Maybe 3-5 years before his consistency peaks and it becomes instinctual, but the strides he has made already this year suggest the curve is already pretty high. Last year he was one of the worst third down QBs in the league, after yesterday he may be the top 3rd down QB in the league. He is completing 70% on third down, over 500 yards, and a QB rating of 137, compared to 56 last year. To me the measure of a QB is how he plays under pressure, and 3rd down efficiency speaks to that pretty clearly. His football IQ already looks better than 5's, no knock on him, but he never seemed to reach a 60% completion rate, and Wentz seems to exceed that more often than not already.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Oct 9 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 9 2017, 01:05 PM) *
Maybe 3-5 years before his consistency peaks and it becomes instinctual, but the strides he has made already this year suggest the curve is already pretty high. Last year he was one of the worst third down QBs in the league, after yesterday he may be the top 3rd down QB in the league. He is completing 70% on third down, over 500 yards, and a QB rating of 137, compared to 56 last year. To me the measure of a QB is how he plays under pressure, and 3rd down efficiency speaks to that pretty clearly. His football IQ already looks better than 5's, no knock on him, but he never seemed to reach a 60% completion rate, and Wentz seems to exceed that more often than not already.

Yeah, I mean I think he's going to be very good, very soon. With that said, almost every great QB (which I expect Wentz to be) really hits their stride in their late 20s. The greatest of the greats sustain that for a solid 5-7 years. Just mastering an NFL offense typically takes 4+ years. Look at Alex Smith. It seems like he has really, fully figured out Andy's this year. He looks like a different guy.

That's what we really have to look forward to, assuming it all pans out. 10-12 years of sustained excellence at the QB position.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 11:46 PM