IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Wooooooooo Hooooooooo!!!, Birds get it done in crunchtime
Rick
post Oct 2 2017, 05:01 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Would love to have seen them close the game out but will happily take the win in another close one they have been losing in recent years.

Blount is a monster. I guess his fitness level is just fine contrary to some people's beliefs....

I've not seen an Eagles kicker kicking with such confidence in a while now. If he can continue like this, we could have a very nice kicker for a while. We'll see if he can keep it up.

Defense showed it's vulnerabilities with all of the injuries but did just enough to win. If they can get healthy they'll be good enough to win some games.

On paper, I feel the Eagles look the best in the NFC East right now. Rest of the NFL is, well, who the hell knows. No clear leading team right now. I still feel the Eagles are a couple of players away from being a true contender--and a coach--but they can make the playoffs by winning the NFC East this season, maybe steal a game at home in the playoffs. Of course, we're only 1/4 of the way through the season right now. We'll see what adjustments everyone in the NFL makes. So I'll temper my enthusiasm.

Wentz certainly looked better on deep balls. That's a great sign. He looks so much more comfortable standing back there, throwing the ball, taking hits, etc. He looks better each week. I'm starting to really get excited about what he may be doing as he matures.

I'm already sick of Pedersen. Sick of his stupid playcalling. Sick of watching him not have Blount in there when he should, then, on the 5 yard line, he keeps pounding him in there. Ok, try it. But, how about a simple play action to him when EVERYONE knows you're going to hand it off to him? I like Pedey tried to get him the TD after his monster run but, let's win the game. He's getting away with questionable playcalling and swapping backs when he really shouldn't. This will come back to bite him against better teams.

Overall, a happy Sunday. Now, if the Skins can lose tonight, it will have been a perfect football weekend...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Pila
post Oct 2 2017, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Eusébio

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 2 2017, 10:01 AM) *
I'm already sick of Pedersen. Sick of his stupid playcalling. Sick of watching him not have Blount in there when he should, then, on the 5 yard line, he keeps pounding him in there. Ok, try it. But, how about a simple play action to him when EVERYONE knows you're going to hand it off to him? I like Pedey tried to get him the TD after his monster run but, let's win the game. He's getting away with questionable playcalling and swapping backs when he really shouldn't. This will come back to bite him against better teams.

I think I'd have given Blount a breather after the long run. My problem with the playcalling inside the 5 was the lateral running instead of taking the shortest distance to the goal line. No getting fancy necessary from there. Just pound it.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 2 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

Blount according to one report came in 15 lbs overweight. He may have lost that weight by now and gotten in shape. He now looks quick and explosive.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 2 2017, 05:01 AM) *

Blount is a monster. I guess his fitness level is just fine contrary to some people's beliefs....

Overall, a happy Sunday. Now, if the Skins can lose tonight, it will have been a perfect football weekend...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 12:01 AM