IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wooooooooo Hooooooooo!!!, Birds get it done in crunchtime
SAM I Am
post Oct 1 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Fuck Jerry Jones and the Cowturds

Group: Members

The bolts get hit over the head with a Blount object.

Birds head out to the West Coast, for basically what amounts to a home game, and will come back to Philly 3 - 1.

Let the naysaying commence.

--------------------
He just couldn't get his Ducks in a row.
Fade to black, for now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Oct 1 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Not for nothing, but Wentz impressed today, his long balls were on target, too bad several were dropped.
Blount made a statement in the 4th, the man was a damn bulldozer stiff arming himself over a bunch of defenders for a 70 yard run! This O is starting to gel, looking good!

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 1 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Eusébio

That's how you close out a game.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 1 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Nice job by the offense, except for the number of times they got bogged down before getting into the end zone. They certainly helped their D by dominating time of Poss roughly 40 to 20.

Yes, really nice close out of the game.

Can't fault CW's long ball today. a couple of the catches were against decent coverage. However, overall his completion % was just 54% A solid QB rating of 91 is due to lack of TOs.

It was nice to see N Agholor continue to contribute but T Smith is a disappointment.

All three RBs contributed. Obviously the O Line was making things happen against a well below average run D.

I am surprised that they trust Clement so much on 3rd down, even in crunch time. He must have impressed the coaches in practice. It looks like they got a steal in a deep RB draft class--a guy who was overweight at the combine and had a bad reputation regarding attitude. Maybe he just needed to loose some weight in order to improve his athleticism.

Looks like we have our young kicker of the future. Without another extraordinary performance they would have needed that final drive for a game winning FG or TD.

I did not see snap count totals but I recall hearing about some rotation at OG.

The offensive coaching and play calling does not look like the work of a rookie coach. It is hard to imagine Pedey as the master mind. F Reich coached in San Diego, no? I bet that provided some insights.

When F Cox is present, the time for those deep throws will not likely be available. When the Eagles get Darby and Cox back this should be a playoff caliber team.

The NFC, especially the East looks very different than I expected at the beginning of the year.

The Giants lost a close one in TB and one would not expect the Skins to win on Monday night in KC.

The Rams won a shootout in big D! The East is clearly available for the taking.

Indy is leading at the half at Seattle. Could it be that the game in LA against the Rams will be tougher than the game in Seattle?! Thankfully R Darby should be back before the game in LA.

The road game vs Carolina looks tougher than expected after their upset at New England.

Arizona needed OT to beat San Fran. Az looks beatable next week for the Birds.

Overall the schedule does not look more difficult but it does look different than I expected. The best news is that the NFC East looks winnable for an above-average, but not elite team.

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Oct 1 2017, 06:14 PM) *
The bolts get hit over the head with a Blount object.

Birds head out to the West Coast, for basically what amounts to a home game, and will come back to Philly 3 - 1.

Let the naysaying commence.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Oct 2 2017, 05:01 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Would love to have seen them close the game out but will happily take the win in another close one they have been losing in recent years.

Blount is a monster. I guess his fitness level is just fine contrary to some people's beliefs....

I've not seen an Eagles kicker kicking with such confidence in a while now. If he can continue like this, we could have a very nice kicker for a while. We'll see if he can keep it up.

Defense showed it's vulnerabilities with all of the injuries but did just enough to win. If they can get healthy they'll be good enough to win some games.

On paper, I feel the Eagles look the best in the NFC East right now. Rest of the NFL is, well, who the hell knows. No clear leading team right now. I still feel the Eagles are a couple of players away from being a true contender--and a coach--but they can make the playoffs by winning the NFC East this season, maybe steal a game at home in the playoffs. Of course, we're only 1/4 of the way through the season right now. We'll see what adjustments everyone in the NFL makes. So I'll temper my enthusiasm.

Wentz certainly looked better on deep balls. That's a great sign. He looks so much more comfortable standing back there, throwing the ball, taking hits, etc. He looks better each week. I'm starting to really get excited about what he may be doing as he matures.

I'm already sick of Pedersen. Sick of his stupid playcalling. Sick of watching him not have Blount in there when he should, then, on the 5 yard line, he keeps pounding him in there. Ok, try it. But, how about a simple play action to him when EVERYONE knows you're going to hand it off to him? I like Pedey tried to get him the TD after his monster run but, let's win the game. He's getting away with questionable playcalling and swapping backs when he really shouldn't. This will come back to bite him against better teams.

Overall, a happy Sunday. Now, if the Skins can lose tonight, it will have been a perfect football weekend...

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 2 2017, 08:22 AM
Post #6

Eusébio

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 2 2017, 10:01 AM) *
I'm already sick of Pedersen. Sick of his stupid playcalling. Sick of watching him not have Blount in there when he should, then, on the 5 yard line, he keeps pounding him in there. Ok, try it. But, how about a simple play action to him when EVERYONE knows you're going to hand it off to him? I like Pedey tried to get him the TD after his monster run but, let's win the game. He's getting away with questionable playcalling and swapping backs when he really shouldn't. This will come back to bite him against better teams.

I think I'd have given Blount a breather after the long run. My problem with the playcalling inside the 5 was the lateral running instead of taking the shortest distance to the goal line. No getting fancy necessary from there. Just pound it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 2 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

Blount according to one report came in 15 lbs overweight. He may have lost that weight by now and gotten in shape. He now looks quick and explosive.

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 2 2017, 05:01 AM) *

Blount is a monster. I guess his fitness level is just fine contrary to some people's beliefs....

Overall, a happy Sunday. Now, if the Skins can lose tonight, it will have been a perfect football weekend...

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 2 2017, 01:04 PM
Post #8

Keeper Of The Truth

It is too funny reading some comments. Pederson had a terrific day with his play calling, something even lauded by the beat writers but I come here and read how poorly he did.

Only in Philly.

See item 2 in this article.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...d-20171002.html

I think the bottom line is that for some folks he will never be good enough no matter what he does short of winning a SB.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Oct 2 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #9

Illegal Alien

That final 6:44 was a thing of beauty to watch and made staying up past midnight well worth it.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 2 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #10

Eusébio

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2017, 06:04 PM) *
It is too funny reading some comments. Pederson had a terrific day with his play calling, something even lauded by the beat writers but I come here and read how poorly he did.

Only in Philly.

I think the bottom line is that for some folks he will never be good enough no matter what he does short of winning a SB.
I think he's pretty good. The team appears to be prepared and ready to fight. The mistakes by players don't seem to be habitual.

It's perfectly normal that occasionally he'll make a judgment call that backfires. Even coaching gods still do those. It's also perfectly normal that those who remain unconvinced will use those low-lights in their confirmation bias. That goes for players too, like quarterbacks. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 2 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #11

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2017, 02:04 PM) *

Only in Philly.

Just like for some barmaids you will never be good enough no matter how often you protest. devil03.gif

But I agree, it's nitpicking to criticize Pederson on yesterday's performance, just like it is fro me to criticize Jeffery and McLeod. They're all doing their job, improving and the team is winning.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 2 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #12

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 2 2017, 03:01 PM) *
I think he's pretty good. The team appears to be prepared and ready to fight. The mistakes by players don't seem to be habitual.

It's perfectly normal that occasionally he'll make a judgment call that backfires. Even coaching gods still do those. It's also perfectly normal that those who remain unconvinced will use those low-lights in their confirmation bias. That goes for players too, like quarterbacks. wink.gif

There is a huge difference between being concerned about a player or coach and saying silly things like "he is the worst coach ever" type hyperbole. I would think a learned person such as yourself would get the difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 2 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #13

Eusébio

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2017, 08:17 PM) *
There is a huge difference between being concerned about a player or coach and saying silly things like "he is the worst coach ever" type hyperbole. I would think a learned person such as yourself would get the difference.

Not if you wanna get on the bandwagon. You already pushing it on the Agholor wagon, where despite Zero's strong-arming me to kick you out, I'm letting you hang on to the bumper on roller skates. The Wentz bandwagon is stricter. Nothing short of worship is gonna get you in. Sorry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Oct 2 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #14

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 2 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Not if you wanna get on the bandwagon. You already pushing it on the Agholor wagon, where despite Zero's strong-arming me to kick you out, I'm letting you hang on to the bumper on roller skates. The Wentz bandwagon is stricter. Nothing short of worship is gonna get you in. Sorry.

hahahaha...I like the kid but there are some concerns. Expectations are and should be high.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 2 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #15

Eusébio

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2017, 08:47 PM) *
hahahaha...I like the kid but there are some concerns. Expectations are and should be high.

My only concern for Wentz is I think he's already showing signs of balding. That's terrible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 03:15 PM